• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Temple of the Ocean King

Yeah, I hated this place. I mean, it was cool the first few times around, but repeating almost everything...UGH. That really annoyed me. If it weren't for the little checkpoint, I would have given up and not finished the game ever. It's funny though, one time, I kept stopping in places that weren't safe zones, I barely lived, I had 3 quarters of a heart left when I finished.

L

linebeckpirate

I didn't care for the temple at first, because it was annoying doing all of those first floors over and over again, but once it got to the midway point, it picked up for me because things got a little more convoluted and intense. I also like standing in safe zones to swat at the phantoms (before I got the phantom sword). They look around, so confused, and it makes me laugh.
But I hate those little phantom eyes.
And when you get near the end, and you're reaching basement 1,000,000,000, it's like...come on. Who built this place?

K

Kaepora Gaebora

yes, this place is really annoying to go through time AND time AND time again. it's really just like the only part of the game i dont like :D

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Ugh, I hated the Temple of the Ocean King. I'd always die on one of the last floors, and it bugged me when I had to get all of the keys back and stuff. And then there's the fact of having to run from the first floor to the floor you're heading to. That took forever.. =(

Last edited:
Z

zelda-hyrule

I kind of found it annoying how when we defeated a boss we only got an extra two or three minutes on the clock. The fact is we only have about twelve minutes to run through all of the dungeons with tweleve minutes and that just became rather annoying.
Phantom hourglass is my favourite NDS game but i think it could have been better in The temple of the ocean king if they changed it around more :(

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I really liked it because it was really challenging but I only liked the part where you had all the items and the Phantom Sword. I also liked it because I had to be 'Super Sneaky Link'. I got that phrase from 'Nevet 1212' on his Wind Waker abridged videos. I liked being sneaky but there were parts where you can call me a wimp, but there were parts that I was nervous of because I didn't want to get hit by a Phantom. But the thing is, The Temple of the Ocean King is the hardest dugeon in the series because it was timed and had the Phantoms that could kill in just one hit. I don't know if TTotOK is easier than the Tower of Spirits. But I HATED the fact that the TotOK was harder than the other dungeons. Bellum was as easy as a normal boss in the Zelda series.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I had no problems with it. I actually found it a bit amusing. It's so simple. At first it looks difficult but after a while it's so easy you can even play it with your eyes closed.

A

Aura

At first the temple was okay.
But after I'd revisited it and replayed all the levels who knows how many times it started to get on my nerves.
I put PH down for weeks because of that temple.

But it was a pretty fun temple, and who doesn't dis-like the phantoms.

C

Cincoplation

I hated the place. I didnt like the half way point because when i got there i only had 1.48 left in the hourglass.

L

legnase

I didn't like the fact that you had to go there over and over again(as many people have said.) What would have been cool though if it was the last dungeon. Well I mean it was but what if you didn't go in the temple at all during the game until the very end. That would have made it pretty cool. It would have been fine if they had done it that way. It also would have added some difficulty to the game. But the dungeon itself was fun. It didn't take me only 5 minutes like every other dungeon.

Kybyrian

It's not as bad as some people make it out to be, sure it could be pretty annoying at some parts, but it wasn't that bad. It added a bit more challenge to the game, which some people didn't realize, because they just dismissed it as "annoying" rather than challenging. Without the Temple of the Ocean King Phantom Hourglass was an absolute breeze and not even enjoyable to play for a lot of the way through.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It made me want to cry, break my DS, stop playing Zelda, and inflict eternal torture on the programmers of Phantom Hourglass.

It made me begin to hate Zelda as much as I used to love it, to the point that I quit playing and viewing Zelda-related websites for 2-4 months. I couldn't view them without getting angry and disgusted anymore. My passion for OoT eventually got me to come back around, though.

To be honest, though, it really isn't so bad until after the Temple of Ice. After that temple, you've got six full floors of tedious, elaborate, difficult, timed challenges that you can't save. Every time I go to try it, I can't get over how unfair it is, or stop thinking about how upsetting it is that I'll have to start over if I fail.

When I watch a video walkthrough, it feels like there's too much to process, and my brain just reels at all the things I have to do, and how carefully/precisely I have to do them. A text walkthrough would make me feel so bombarded with information that I don't even feel like I have a chance. I WOULD get lost and do the wrong thing. There's just TOO MUCH DATA to deal with at once in this area. Too much sneaking, no saving progress, focusing on time, dual screens of data, and too many overly elaborate schemes for getting past areas.

That, my friend, is what I think of the Temple of the Ocean King.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Overall, I like the Temple of the Ocean King. What I like about it is...
- Timing, which made it hard for me
- The safe zone pots, it was fun to decide just when and where to break them
- Phantoms, I liked going in front of them then running away
- The number of floors and puzzles

What I did not like:
- The loud floors, I was frustrating to walk so slowly
- The fact that you have to go from one floor to another just to put a diamond in it's proper place, which took a long time for me
- When you could see a bonus time thing in a separate room, you want to get it, but don't know how to, and don't what to use the walk through. (That happened once or twice. It got quite frustrating)

PH is still a great game in my opinion :D

I'd say if you did lots of sidequests in between dungeons, then the period between each visit decreased a lot and it was more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom