• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Telltale Games to Make a Game of Thrones Game?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Gaming site IGN has reported on reports from "multiple sources" that Telltale Games is currently developing a game based on the hit series Game of Thrones. In the news report, IGN says they reached out to Telltale for a statement, in which they got:

We get these sorts of rumors about what we could be working on next cropping up all the time. Officially we have no comment.

Telltale Games most notable work is their rendition of AMC's The Walking Dead, which is another popular TV show, so this is not an unlikely rumor -- especially with "officially" being the word Telltale used to say they had no comment. However, it's worth pointing out that HBO's Game of Thrones is based on George R.R. Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire, in which the first entry was entitled Game of Thrones, so there are a lot of potential scenarios that this game could be, if it indeed is in the works. It could be an adaptation of the books, it could be an adaptation of the TV show, or it could be their own story set in the world of the series, like they did with The Walking Dead. It's unclear what will happen, but we'll find out soon enough.

Source

Very interesting indeed. I was a big fan of A Song of Ice and Fire before the TV series began, so I'm quite intrigued with the idea of another game based on it. I think the HBO adaptation is wonderful, and one of the best, if not THE best, TV series I've ever watched.

Actually, a Game of Thrones game was released for the 360 and the PS3 a while back. In fact, I'm currently doing a very lengthy play-through of it on my YouTube channel. It's a pretty bad game from a design stand point, and just a bad game in general because it's so monotonous and boring. The game play style is shallow and repetitive, and the graphics are just downright terrible when you compare it to other games on the system. I'm fairly sure it got critically panned for that, and I can't say I disagree.

However, the story was absolutely amazing. I read that Martin himself had a say in it, and it really does show. It's full of twists and turns, back-stabbing and betrayal, and TONS of plot twists. It's a prequel to the entirety of the Song of Ice and Fire series, and it's really cool how they went the extra mile to fit everything in and flesh out the world more. I'm doing a play-through solely for that reason, as I think it's truly a high point.

If this new game (if it even exists) attempts to do the same thing from a narrative perspective, I could enjoy it well enough. But if they actually made the game, you know, FUN to play, it might break into being a legitimately enjoyable experience. But at the end of the day it's still a license game riding off the popularity of another entertainment medium, so I'm not holding my breath.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Got to admit, I'm not too fond with the TV series; however, I've heard enough positives to know that it's generally believed to be rather good. Maybe a video game adaptation wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm a little bit skeptical cos this would mean they're making 3 games all at once? :P That's a lot for a small studio.

I've never really watched Game of Thrones. Seen the odd episode when people watched it but I'm up for anything Telltale has to offer, Walking Dead was brilliant and I took a shot with The Wolf Among Us and that was really good too. Telltale's really found their stride so this'd be cool to see, I'd definitely get it. As long as it doesn't spoil the show which I totally intend to watch sometime!

Aren't they making a Borderlands games called "Tales from the Borderlands" or something like that? I really love Telltale, and they have a great talent at storytelling, but I agree with Mercedes. I honestly don't like how they're trying to develop several complex, episodic games at once. I think they're getting a bit too ambitious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom