• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Tell Me What You Thank of My Site!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I feel it is sort of bland, but for a beginning, it's not a bad start. It has everything that you need for a good forum. I especially like the "Let's play section".

I find your rule system to be lacking a little bit and could use some more for the future. However in its current state it seems fine.

The background is standard and I can't say much else.

Overall it's worth a good old fashion "B".

Y

yojoel333

well, thanks
If i had more members that I would put in more rule..

I have 15 members but only 3 post...

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Merged. Still advertising the same site, but you added another.

Your site is okay. Black and red is an okay theme, but red really contrasts. Contrast is good in some cases, but since you're using a free host and there are ads that already contrast with the theme (marketing technique), then it's not a very good idea to add more contrast.

Overall, the choice of themes are good. I'm not saying I don't like them, I'm just saying it's a little hard on the eyes when you have to focus on so many contrasting things.

Same goes for your friends site, only I think the design is a little too... chunky? Yours looks cleaner. Still, his is easier to navigate.

I think you should both work on your header images. Maybe blend the edges so that they fade into the background so they don't look like they were just slapped up there.

Good job to the both of you, keep it up. :>

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Add them to search engines or post a link in your siggy or on your facebook, twitter or myspace and even youtube profile. Don't post the link to your site everywhere because then you might be taken off the search engines as it is recognized as spam ;)

Y

yojoel333

...I dont go to facebook, twitter , myspace ....or youtube B{

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It's not bad, but free stuff usually doesn't get you anywhere, trust me, I've been there before and never will go back to making sites/forums using free stuff.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well my two sites are also free sites but I don't have forums added. I mainly use it to show my graphics. The worldofhockey.net is my own domainname. I bought it. I know from experience most forums will die anyway and Atsie is right. To get a site like this you have to spend money but I also know most of the members want a forum to be active at. For young people it might be attractive but the most difficult thing is to keep it alive. A friend of mine has a very active forum for a couple of years now but the main members over there are his friends he knows from another site and they all hopped over when the original site was hacked.

Y

yojoel333

Ya, I should get a new host(er)

and my friends site is going to get a banner soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom