• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Teleportation Cauldron

Do you think Nintendo should use the teleportaion cauldrons in later games?

• Use the cauldrons again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't want them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
H

HylianGuardian

Sorry if theirs already a post like this. I don't mean to copy or steal anyone's idea I thought of this myself.

If you are familiar with The Wind Waker then you might have noticed that in every dungeon theirs a pot or cauldron with a colored smoke coming out of it. These same cauldrons were also found in other places in the dungeon and they would "teleport" you to another cauldron. This came in handy if you quit the game while in the middle of a dungeon, you could jump in the cauldron and be at the point you left off or at least closer so you don't have to find your way around.

This leaves a question. Should this feature come back in later games? In my opinion it should because it made things less tedious and annoying and just let you enjoy the game. What do you think?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Farore's Wind, the cauldrons, the teleportation points from Link's Awakening or whatever... I agree that they should include some version of that. Because the point of the dungeons is to solve several puzzles and defeat several enemies. Once you have done that, there is no point in having to walk through all of those rooms again. Being able to bypass the rooms you have already mastered cuts down on redundancy and frustration.

M

magicgfx

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't have anything like this, especially because the dungeons are supposed to be quite lengthy this time around.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I think if the dungeons are going to be lengthy, that's all the more reason they SHOULD have something.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I thought they were nice to have. Better than nothing, of course, but would really like to see something like Oocco from TP, where you can return right back to the room you were in.

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
I certainly hope there is some form of faster transportation through the dungeons. It can grow rather annoying having to traverse the same corridors again simply because I exited the game. Each game does seem to have its own unique way of allowing for easier routes, wether it be spells, warps, or couldrens. My personal hope is that the dungeons follow the route of most of the 3D titles, where, as you progress, small short cuts become available. It makes the game flow slightly more naturally. Of course, I don't think this should be an area of concern, as Nintendo is already apt to use these methods. Warp pots? Perhaps, but they would have to fit the environment.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I don't really like the cauldrons themselves but I like the idea of being able to warp around in dungeons. I think I would like it more if it was along the lines of the oracle games portals, for example when you beat a sub-boss a red space appears that will warp you back to the dungeons entrance, and it can be used to travel back and forth between those two places. I think they should make sub-bosses harder and include that escape route in case we need to leave the dungeon and stock up on items. They should use these ideas in another 3D console Zelda say for instance in Skyward Sword. Even if it were cauldrons in SS I would still be ok with it thought, because we've seen it before in WW.

I dont care.. most dungeons are some what easy to navigate around if you die but there are some confusing hard ones so i stick with i dont care.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I liked that you had the bird statues in SS so if you needed to leave and you could chose the bird statue closest to were you left off. The cauldrons were good because they were placed in the main rooms of dungeons.

I would prefer the shortcuts that can be created in Skyward Sword. However, I feel that they should be harder to access and less oblivious.

Well in SS they have some sort of shortcut to go between earlier an later parts of the dungeon. In WW it was useful but in a game like SS it would have been unnecissary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom