• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tekken 7

For the first time Tekken is finally coming to PC! I'm super excited, anyone else here play? I'm really hoping for cross play.

The first Tekken PC footage dropped today in 4k, check it out.

Dan

Awesome to see more games that were previously rooted on consoles come over to the PC. I hope it plays rather well though, getting a lot of crappy ports as of late.

You going to play with a gamepad, or fightstick @DoomDash ?
Pad, been playing on it too long.
Awesome to see more games that were previously rooted on consoles come over to the PC. I hope it plays rather well though, getting a lot of crappy ports as of late.
From their post with the footage:
Tekken 7 is coming out Early 2017 on PC (and PS4 and XB1)! The development team is still working on the PC version, and while they are trying to include most features PC users can expect of PC games (such as a variety of graphical options), the game is still in development and technical features such as 4K are unconfirmed. However, enjoy this first look at Tekken 7 in 4K from NVIDIA and and NVIDIA GeForce , demonstrating the team’s efforts and care.

Sounds like they will at least try to make it nice.

I like Tekken but suck at it, like Zelda i play for the story and enjoy most of the characters. Im interested to see where the story goes if this is to be the last in the Mishima story line.

Also with the inclusion of Akuma i wonder if Tekken x Street Fighter will actually happen.

I'd rather have Soul Calibur VI
I should try and get into the next one. Hard for me to get into anything other than Tekken.

I like Tekken but suck at it, like Zelda i play for the story and enjoy most of the characters. Im interested to see where the story goes if this is to be the last in the Mishima story line.

Also with the inclusion of Akuma i wonder if Tekken x Street Fighter will actually happen.
This one should have a pretty cool interactive story from what I've read, and Akuma plays a large part. As far as Tekken X Street Fighter, either it will happen or it will just be some expansion to 7. Akuma actually plays like a Street Fighter character. When I went to the last Tekken 7 FR tournament some Street Fighter players were able to pick him up with little knowledge of Tekken right there on the spot.

I'm loving the addition of Akuma, for this reason: http://tekkengamer.com/akuma-best-thing-happen-tekken-tekken-fans-will-root/

As far as being bad at Tekken, if you ever decide you want to become good hit me up and I'm willing to spend some time training you or anyone else here. I am really involved in the Tekken community, it's probably one of my biggest passions, and the more players that get into Tekken the better.

I should try and get into the next one. Hard for me to get into anything other than Tekken.

This one should have a pretty cool interactive story from what I've read, and Akuma plays a large part. As far as Tekken X Street Fighter, either it will happen or it will just be some expansion to 7. Akuma actually plays like a Street Fighter character. When I went to the last Tekken 7 FR tournament some Street Fighter players were able to pick him up with little knowledge of Tekken right there on the spot.

I'm loving the addition of Akuma, for this reason: http://tekkengamer.com/akuma-best-thing-happen-tekken-tekken-fans-will-root/

As far as being bad at Tekken, if you ever decide you want to become good hit me up and I'm willing to spend some time training you or anyone else here. I am really involved in the Tekken community, it's probably one of my biggest passions, and the more players that get into Tekken the better.

I do hope its a good story and a good end if they are stepping away from the Mishima stuff (makes me wonder what Tekken 8 will be like)

Nice to meet a full Tekken nerd, i never get to talk about it to anyone (i joined a forum once, Tekken Nation i think, but it was all just character appreciation threads and nothing worth discussing)

Got a question for you though now that i have you. Whats your opinion on the new characters from 6 & 7?

I dont think they have the heart of the older characters, i think a few of them have been rather lame like Leo, Miguel, Gigas and Jose.

Also does Gigas remind you of Marduk?

I do hope its a good story and a good end if they are stepping away from the Mishima stuff (makes me wonder what Tekken 8 will be like)

Nice to meet a full Tekken nerd, i never get to talk about it to anyone (i joined a forum once, Tekken Nation i think, but it was all just character appreciation threads and nothing worth discussing)

Got a question for you though now that i have you. Whats your opinion on the new characters from 6 & 7?

I dont think they have the heart of the older characters, i think a few of them have been rather lame like Leo, Miguel, Gigas and Jose.

Also does Gigas remind you of Marduk?

None of the new characters really interest me, but I think most of them fit very well into the game. Maybe they don't feel like classic characters but they are over all pretty creative and different enough from the classics to keep things pretty fresh. Like look at some of their play styles and they really have no one else that plays like them.

Jose and Gigas specifically are just modified versions of Bruce, and a way modified version of Marduk. Some of Giga's moves are exactly the same as marduks, but over all he's still pretty different. All my Marduk maining friends will be playing him though, some of them already do.

None of the new characters really interest me, but I think most of them fit very well into the game. Maybe they don't feel like classic characters but they are over all pretty creative and different enough from the classics to keep things pretty fresh. Like look at some of their play styles and they really have no one else that plays like them.

Jose and Gigas specifically are just modified versions of Bruce, and a way modified version of Marduk. Some of Giga's moves are exactly the same as marduks, but over all he's still pretty different. All my Marduk maining friends will be playing him though, some of them already do.

Im all for having a hot version of Bruce :) i saw the Gigas trailer and thought i saw moves straight out of the Marduk camp.

As for you helping me get good. I dont play online (refuse to pay ps plus) so not sure how youd help me but im open to a list of tips :)

Im all for having a hot version of Bruce :) i saw the Gigas trailer and thought i saw moves straight out of the Marduk camp.

As for you helping me get good. I dont play online (refuse to pay ps plus) so not sure how youd help me but im open to a list of tips :)

Well without online play it would require a lot of dedication from a person unless they had friends to play with locally. That's actually how I got into competitive Tekken, just a competitive group of friends who always wanted to 1 up the others. Eventually we took it up a notch and met some people on the biggest online tekken forums, and the rest is history.

Since I'm not sure if you are even interested in actually playing the game competitively I'll just say the best way to actually get into the scene is now by joining Tekken facebook groups, specifically in your region. TekkenZiabatsu was the go to place before facebook kind of killed it, but it's still an excellent source of learning information for each character that is well documents and organized. It's not in it's heyday anymore, but it's still very much useful. It has a command guide to see all the abbreviations everyone on the forum uses, and frame data for each character (which is actually extremely important but not necessarily required).

I will say this about Tekken. Even if you love it now, without having really dived deep into it.... once you finally get into the competitive deep side of the game you'll learn to appreciate it even more IMO. Game has had such an impact on my life, I basically lived and breathed this series for many years.

Who are your favorite characters?

Well without online play it would require a lot of dedication from a person unless they had friends to play with locally. That's actually how I got into competitive Tekken, just a competitive group of friends who always wanted to 1 up the others. Eventually we took it up a notch and met some people on the biggest online tekken forums, and the rest is history.

Since I'm not sure if you are even interested in actually playing the game competitively I'll just say the best way to actually get into the scene is now by joining Tekken facebook groups, specifically in your region. TekkenZiabatsu was the go to place before facebook kind of killed it, but it's still an excellent source of learning information for each character that is well documents and organized. It's not in it's heyday anymore, but it's still very much useful. It has a command guide to see all the abbreviations everyone on the forum uses, and frame data for each character (which is actually extremely important but not necessarily required).

I will say this about Tekken. Even if you love it now, without having really dived deep into it.... once you finally get into the competitive deep side of the game you'll learn to appreciate it even more IMO. Game has had such an impact on my life, I basically lived and breathed this series for many years.

Who are your favorite characters?

Not into playing competitively, id just like to play on a mode thats above easy. Hah. Im awesome at Dead or Alive, but DoA is hardly difficult to master.

My favourite Tekken characters are

Devil Jin
Hwoarang
Nina
Lili
Asuka

Im good with Dragunov without trying

Not into playing competitively, id just like to play on a mode thats above easy. Hah. Im awesome at Dead or Alive, but DoA is hardly difficult to master.

My favourite Tekken characters are

Devil Jin
Hwoarang
Nina
Lili
Asuka

Im good with Dragunov without trying

Well I hope you change your mind :D.

Also Hwoarang is the best character in T7 FR currently :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom