• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ted Dekker

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Anyone here read any books by Ted Dekker? He's one of the best Christian authors I know of. In fact, my favorite book ever was written by him.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I adore Ted Dekker. He's a fantastic author. He's definitely my favorite author of all time. I prefer his fantasy novels rather than the suspense or terror ones.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Hmm, what's you favorite book by him? I like the Paradise Books and the Circle Series, but my favorite book by him is A Man Called Blessed. It's actually my favorite book ever.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
Hmm, what's you favorite book by him?
I can't remember which one of The Circle trilogy it was, I think Red. I absolutely fell apart when I read the part where Justin is drowned. It painted such a vivid mental image I nearly cried.

Currently reading Green.

Of the Paradise series, I think my favorite was Saint, but I don't remember too much about those because it was several years ago.

Loved House though. That was a neat book.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
Nope. I know my sisters have read Chosen and Infidel, but I wasn't aware they were Ted Dekker books, and I hadn't read anything from him yet so I didn't those.

Do you think they're good relative to the others?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
The Lost Books are alright. Definitely not as epic as any of the Paradise or Circle books.

My favorite books are definitely the Circle Trilogy (Green was alright) and then Blink. I also really enjoyed When Heaven Weeps and Heaven's Wager.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
@DesertDweller: No, the Lost Books aren't as good relative to the others. Chosen, Infidel, Lunatic and Elyon were pretty good. Chaos was alright, but Renegade was Dekker's worst book by far (though my brothers think Chaos and Sinner were worse. I actually liked both of those books, except the first half of Chaos really did suck).

Skin was also a really good book. I thought it was cool. Maybe Ted should write a sequel to it?

Anyway, I can't wait 'til the next part of the BOHC (Books of History Chronicles) comes out: Immanuel's Veins. Not much is known about IV, except for that fact that it takes place a few hundred years ago, it involves vampires (to find out about BOHC-type vampires, read Chaos or Green), and it's like the prequel to like all of the series combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom