• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Updates & Suggestions Thread

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I think you're hugely exaggerating here but we have been looking into it. Unfortunately it's really a problem in Xenforos code and it's hard to find the source.
Thanks for looking into it. If it can't be fixed, then so be it. All I wanted was for it to be looked into because clearly this bugs at least one other person besides me or it wouldn't have been brought up a few weeks ago.

It would be much appreciated if either you or Kitsu could update us on the outcome of your findings once you know for certain whether or not this is fixable.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The alert hasn't really been a problem for me. The only time it happens is when I've looked through my notifications on another tab and then clicked on the previous tab.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It happens when you are alerted while you are on a page and you don't leave that page. Something wrong with the Javascript. It doesn't happen if you go to another page before checking your alerts.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Quite a few little things here:

- The current character limit for comments on VMs is 420. Can this please get higher? (pun totally intended)

- As far as I can see, there isn't a "Start Conversation" button on member's profile pages. Could this be added next to "Report Ignore Follow"? I understand that this button is in the pop-up when you click a member's name but I think if it would fit here well too.

- When a staff member edits the post of another member the current message reads "Last edited by a moderator: (Day) at (Time)". Can this display the username of the staff member that made the edit instead?

- As I was writing the last point I realised that inline quote isn't an option anymore? Is this complicated to add?

- Today I noticed that the "Birthday" section included a member who was last seen in 2012. Is it possible to add a condition to this requiring a member to have been active a maximum of x time ago to be shown there? (Maybe 6-12 months)

- Since there is a lot of space left down the right hand side of the forum index could the "Members Active in the Last 24 Hours" section be enabled (if this exists in XenForo that is)?

- On this page where the "Staff Online Now" would be on the index page there is a column that says "Staff Members" and displays only the first 5 staff members in alphabetical order (not online, just the first 5 we have). Could this be changed to the "Staff Online Now" one?

- In the "Staff Online Now" section can it display the display usergroup (role) of the staff member rather than their status? I think that'd be much more useful, especially for newer members.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom