• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Updates & Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Updated the OP removing the previous "recent changes" and adding the forum switch. I will try to keep the updates more err.. updated, from now on.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm currently going back through and re-subscribing to all my threads, but it's a pain. Is there a way we can set things up so that we only get alerts from threads we've made instead of everything we post in? Because this all-or-nothing thing is stupid.

Salem

SICK
Is there anything that I can mark a forum as "read"? There was was that on the old version.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Is there anything that I can mark a forum as "read"? There was was that on the old version.

If you go into a specific forum, up the top there is a "mark forums as read" button. If in a specific forum such as Hyrule Warriors, you can select just that section or the entire forum.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Though you can do what Mamono101 said, that does seem a little inconvenient and takes much more time to do for individual forums you want to mark than it did in vBulletin. Doing a quick search in xenforo's community resources forum brought up this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/double-click-forum-icons-to-mark-forum-as-read.2298/

It's an add-on that makes forum nodes (icons) double-clickable to mark them as read, a la vB4. Maybe we could get this add-on installed? It would certainly be convenient.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Though you can do what Mamono101 said, that does seem a little inconvenient and takes much more time to do for individual forums you want to mark than it did in vBulletin. Doing a quick search in xenforo's community resources forum brought up this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/double-click-forum-icons-to-mark-forum-as-read.2298/

It's an add-on that makes forum nodes (icons) double-clickable to mark them as read, a la vB4. Maybe we could get this add-on installed? It would certainly be convenient.

This would be perfect and is exactly something I mentioned was missing from the forums in the other thread.

This was one of the few features I missed from vbulletin. It's installed now.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can the staff online, members online and users in the last 24 hours be sorted alphabetically?

Forum Games posts are appearing in the Shoutbox, can this be stopped? (I don't think they did on V:cool:

Can we please have a direct link to the rules on the top bar?

Some of the info we could put into the "About Me" section is gone now. Could we look into giving this ago?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Added a top poster of the month feature. Click Members->Top Poster to see who it is. The winner gets a banner for that month! So better start posting.

A couple updates. Image tags are working in VMs now, so go spam your friends until their browsers crash. I reintroduced [video], which fixes the song thread, and allows you to post youtube videos in a shorthand way again. I'm still looking into why certain BBCodes like spoiler don't work on profiles.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
A couple updates. Image tags are working in VMs now, so go spam your friends until their browsers crash. I reintroduced [video], which fixes the song thread, and allows you to post youtube videos in a shorthand way again. I'm still looking into why certain BBCodes like spoiler don't work on profiles.

I don't think the [video] tag is working quite as intended. I tried to use it earlier and the video did not embed. This post by Wolf Sage seems to have had the same thing happen. If you hit "reply" you can see he's used the aforementioned tag. Is it still used like it was before [video]URL[/video], or am I doing something wrong?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Press the Media button and then insert the link into the popup window. Then click embed and it should work. Another thing to do is this. Go to youtube and check the link you want to insert but don't post the whole link. After the youtube.com link you notice /watch?v=b6AGjanaVyQ (example). Now only copy the numbers/letters after the v= which in this case is b6AGjanaVyQ.
It will look like this *media=youtube* paste the numbers/letters [/media]. Of course add the media=youtube between the [ ] tags.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom