• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Statue Thing

I mean have you seen depictions of angels in Renaissance art? Beauty was a very feminine trait from that age so they often looked very feminine to depict their unreal beauty. I don't think you're gonna be able to discern gender from a mural, especially when it's an archaic geometric style. You could argue the hero on the tapestry in BotW also looked feminine.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
That's just Gary.
You know, from the Tetraforce.

Din created the world's shape

Nayru gave natural law to the world

Farore breathed life into the world

Gary was their baby brother who always ruins everything and created the Demon Tribe to harass everyone in the perfect world

Hylia created Hylians and used her magic to put a stop to Gary's nonsense by sealing away the Demon Tribe deep beneath the world until Demise became their Demon King and did his thing.

Eons have passed and now Gary has matured and is now an adult God instead of a trickster 6-year-old god.
Gary is now helping the mortals in fighting his creation.

Gary is now good.
Be Gary.

Last edited:

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
That's just Gary.
You know, from the Tetraforce.

Din created the world's shape

Nayru gave natural law to the world

Farore breathed life into the world

Gary was their baby brother who always ruins everything and created the Demon Tribe to harass everyone in the perfect world

Hylia created Hylians and used her magic to put a stop to Gary's nonsense by sealing away the Demon Tribe deep beneath the world until Demise became their Demon King and did his thing.

Eons have passed and now Gary has matured and is now an adult God instead of a trickster 6-year-old god.
Gary is now helping the mortals in fighting his creation.

Gary is now good.
Be Gary.
Your making that up. Right?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING INTERESTING

LOOK AT THE FIGURES ARMS !!!
the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom_2022-09-13_001.jpg

Do you notice something peculiar about those arms?
They are adorned with things on its wrists.
Adornments that could be an artistic representation of THIS
gm1we0hrj4431.png

What if the wielder of this arm-bangle-thing has sacrificed their very being to seal away Ganondorf in order to mitigate his destruction and malice? A seal that, in time, weakened and allowed Malice to fester once again and then erupt in The Great Calamity?

When Link's hand was touched by Malice, it consumed part of him, his hand becoming decrepit and sickly.
And the spirit of the figure is what we see remains of that hand?
zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-trailer-breakdown.900x.jpg

Sensing that Link is the reincarnation of the Hero of the Calamity from 10,000 years ago, the spirit of the figure latches onto Link and helps to guide him to the means of reinitializing the ritual from 10,000 years ago to seal away Ganondorf once again and have Link take its place as a noble sacrifice to ensure that 10,000 more years of peace can come to Hyrule?

It would be an interesting way to finish the BotW/TotK story by having Link sacrifice his own life to ensure another seal upon Ganondorf is maintained, either indefinitely as the ritual of the past might have been interrupted OR at least for another 10,000 years of relative peace for Hyrule.

Thoughts anyone?

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING INTERESTING

LOOK AT THE FIGURES ARMS !!!
the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom_2022-09-13_001.jpg

Do you notice something peculiar about those arms?
They are adorned with things on its wrists.
Adornments that could be an artistic representation of THIS
gm1we0hrj4431.png

What if the wielder of this arm-bangle-thing has sacrificed their very being to seal away Ganondorf in order to mitigate his destruction and malice? A seal that, in time, weakened and allowed Malice to fester once again and then erupt in The Great Calamity?

When Link's hand was touched by Malice, it consumed part of him, his hand becoming decrepit and sickly.
And the spirit of the figure is what we see remains of that hand?
zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-trailer-breakdown.900x.jpg

Sensing that Link is the reincarnation of the Hero of the Calamity from 10,000 years ago, the spirit of the figure latches onto Link and helps to guide him to the means of reinitializing the ritual from 10,000 years ago to seal away Ganondorf once again and have Link take its place as a noble sacrifice to ensure that 10,000 more years of peace can come to Hyrule?

It would be an interesting way to finish the BotW/TotK story by having Link sacrifice his own life to ensure another seal upon Ganondorf is maintained, either indefinitely as the ritual of the past might have been interrupted OR at least for another 10,000 years of relative peace for Hyrule.

Thoughts anyone?
I noticed that too.

Sorry if this topic already exists. So, there are many theories as to who the mural of the mysterious figure is in the trailer.

Some think it is Hylia. Some think the 8th Heroine. Some think a Zonai god. Some think a divine form of Link himself. Some even think Midna.

While I think some of those could be likely, I also think that it might be Rauru. As it looks a bit like the owl from OOT (who is actually Rauru). Also, this would fit that 'lead sage' rumour from a while back
This aged really well.

That aside, I'd be down for it being Rauru. It feels too boring and predictable for it to be Hylia. I hope it's not Hylia just because everyone is assuming it is.
And GZ I cannot tell if you are joking or not, but if you aren't then... what? And if you are, then it's uncool of you to make fun of someone for proposing something new when its not even a ridiculous proposal.
Cool that the artbook reveals it is in fact Rauru.

Sorry if this topic already exists. So, there are many theories as to who the mural of the mysterious figure is in the trailer.

Some think it is Hylia. Some think the 8th Heroine. Some think a Zonai god. Some think a divine form of Link himself. Some even think Midna.

While I think some of those could be likely, I also think that it might be Rauru. As it looks a bit like the owl from OOT (who is actually Rauru). Also, this would fit that 'lead sage' rumour from a while back

Just reminding people that I was correct with this :D Predicted in September 2022

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom