• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of Light= Triangle on New Crest?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
(I hope the title isn't too much of a spoiler, I couldn't really think of another way to put it :hmm: I mean, if someone just said "tears of light" to you it wouldn't really spoil anything, because you wouldn't know what they're for and what they do just from that :c... my apologies if it is, do remove it.)

Anyway, I was watching the ign rewind on the new Spirit Tracks trailer, and they suggested the silver upside down triangle obtained after fighting that [mini]boss was one of the tears of light.

But what made me interested was (in the absence of the triforce) do (whatever those triangles are) have anything to do with the upside-down triangle featured in the new hylian royal crest (e.g. on the front of the metal Spirit Train?)

Just a thought, what do you guys think?
(Also I'll probably be absence from the forums for a while after this, lol.)

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
What I found to be most interesting about them is that they seem to resemble Force Gems A LOT, and Force Gems are from FS/FSA which makes it even more itneresting. A possible connection to the FS series, but that's just one tiny piece of evidence for a speculatory theory.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
As far as I'm concerned, Force Gems are just a cop-out way of replacing the Triforce with something similar, but lacking all of the connotations of power, courage, and wisdom, as well as the rich tapestry of Hyrule's history, and trying to give us magic triangles in order to keep us happy while they ditch everything that makes me love the Zelda series.

...yeah, okay, maybe I'm overreacting, but all this garbage with sealing Triforce, Ganondorf, and the Master Sword under a sea that they're all sailing away from in order to find a new place without anything relating to the rest of Hyrule and stuff really cheeses me off. They're even replacing the Triforce Crest with a Force Gem crest. Unless they plan to do something with the nebulous fourth piece, I can't see the direction of the AT story as anything other than an abandonment of the rest of the canon.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Major spoilers!!

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it might be possible. The Tears of Light might be something like the Triforce but not quite as powerful (like the Light Force from MC for example) which banished the evil below New Hyrule and then the Spirit Tracks would be used to keep it sealed up. And obviously when Tetra and Link discovered New Hyrule together they established a Royal Family and used a Tear of Light in their crest. And yes this is mostly speculation on my account but still with Nintendo's slowly breaking Seal of Silence it may possibly be the truth.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I don't think these are the tears of light at all, but rather the main collectible items in the game. The tears of Light I believe are going to be the yellow tear shaped things we see in screenshots, this is what I believe to be the tears of light.
If those are the tears of light, then what are these yellow tear shaped things? I also don't think the tears of light are going to play as big of a role as you think they are, you collect 3, hit a Phantom in the back, Zelda takes over, that's all.
normal_007.jpg

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I think you misunderstand, we're in the same boat here c:
I personally am skeptical that those silver trianges are the tears of light, what I was saying/wondering was if whatever they are could be related to the triangle in the New Hylian Crest.

Badly worded title, I know. At the time I couldn't think of another way to refer to them though >.<
I'll reword my first post :)

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Hang on, am I missing something? As far as I know, the Tears of Light are the broken pieces of the Light Spirits destroyed by Twilight and collected in something resembling a bunch of grapes. They don't even look like triangles-- is there some kind of other definition I'm not seeing?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Despite the spoiler warning, Highlight to read properly:

The "tears of light" in Spirit Tracks are the things that Link must collect to "power up" his sword, then when he hits the phantoms on the back it will allow Spirit Zelda to possess their armour and assist you.

At first when I first read about them, I was like "whaaaa" too. Kind of an odd thing to name them after something already existing. But oh well.

Ign called the silver triangle shown in the trailer a tear of light, but I don't really think that's what they are, I just wrote that in the title instead of "silver triangle" or something.
What I was wondering was if those upside down silver triangles have something to do with the upside down traingle on the logo (ie in the absence of the triforce (which normally goes there) did they take up the silver traingle(s) in its place? What purpose do they serve really? etc.)
*sigh this is getting complicated xD*

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
So, now Link needs some assistance to defeat/use a Phantom? Ok.

Well, about the Silver Triangle, I'm just gonna wait and see on this one, because I don't want to say anything irrelevant or stupid on the case of it. I don't want to say, "Oh, it's the New Triforce!" I'm not jumping to conclusions yet. I'd like to get some more screenshots of this new "Triangular shape" before I make an attempt at an educated guess first.

The Tears of Light are basically what seems to be shown. The "Golden Tear-Shaped shapes," if you will. Pardon my pun of a sort. They MAY be connected, but not directly from what I'm seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom