• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Help

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
Hello there...
I was playing Pokemon Ruby, and i realized i caught 1 too many pokemon for my team.
i need help deciding what poke gets the boot.
My pokemon are:
Flaren (Combusken)
Phich (Reference to Phi (Kirlia))
Phil (Mawile)
Sheldon(Torkoal)
Metowelifowl (Skarmory)
NoO2(Shiny Zangoose)
Cyclos (Reference to Cyclos(Duskull))

Tell me what i should get rid of.

Mawile or Skarmory. I'd pick Mawile. Two steel types isn't necessary, and Mawile isn't that great anyway.

Actually, why do you have a Torkoal? You already have a Combusken which covers both fighting and fire, compared to just the fire that Torkoal covers. (IMO, both are terrible fire types. I'd get a Camerupt or something.)

Zangoose is terrible without its dream world ability. Obviously because this is Gen III, it won't have it. I can see why you have it, as it's a shiny. Fair enough, I suppose.

I'd take out both Torkoal and Combusken in favor of a Numel/Camerupt. I'd also consider taking out Mawile for a Ludicolo or something.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
I have Skarmory because i need a good flyer, and i don't have the patience for altaria,
I have Combusken because it's my starter, and it hasn't evolved yet,
Torkoal has good defence,
Mawile for it's attack,
Zangoose for false swipe,
Duskull (now dusclops) is for my addiction to ghost types,
and Kirlia because it's the only decent psychic type when it evolves.

For the record, Camerupt is painfully slow, and has x4 weakness to water and ground.
Toxic Boost is an awful ability. why have raised attack when poisoned, when you don't have to be poisoned at all?
Ludicolo has awful stats, and bad typing.

Your advice was not very helpful.

D

Deleted member 6224

I would definatly not get rid of mawile but try to atleast find another flyer maybe tropius

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I'd say get rid of Torkoal, if you didn't you'd have two fire types on ur team, putting you at a disadvantage against water types ( as I saw no pokémon with a strength against water types ), also meaning that you'd struggle to beat Wallace, the water type gym leader. So the most sensible option would be to get rid of Torkoal.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
Combusken lv. 32
Kirlia lv.28
Torkoal lv. 18 (still raisin')
Zangoose lv. 35
Skarmory lv. 29
Dusklops lv. 40
Mawile lv. 29

(i also have a zigzagoon HM slave, lv. 6)

the mojority has said torkoal, so the next 3 people will decide.

I'd say get rid of Torkoal, if you didn't you'd have two fire types on ur team, putting you at a disadvantage against water types ( as I saw no pokémon with a strength against water types ), also meaning that you'd struggle to beat Wallace, the water type gym leader. So the most sensible option would be to get rid of Torkoal.

i have moves for that on my poke that aren't weak to water. (shockwave, needle arm, etc.)

Last edited:

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
because

Ludicolo has amazing typing, and is an awesome special sweeper, especially considering the way Gen III decides what's special.

no it doesn't, and facade is an extremely rare move, only available by TM, which i already used on mawile.
Anyway, I got rid off torkoal, and skarmory for Manectric, which is so awesome looking as a shiny. My team was more built for the long run. don't like my team? too bad.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Combusken lv. 32
Kirlia lv.28
Torkoal lv. 18 (still raisin')
Zangoose lv. 35
Skarmory lv. 29
Dusklops lv. 40
Mawile lv. 29

(i also have a zigzagoon HM slave, lv. 6)

the mojority has said torkoal, so the next 3 people will decide.

i have moves for that on my poke that aren't weak to water. (shockwave, needle arm, etc.)

I still say get rid of Torkoal, cause it's also slow ( normally ), even though you have moves that are good against water types,, if it goes down in one hit they won't be any use to you, a grass type would probably be the best to use, after you have gotten thr Fortree city gym out of the way, a Grass type is very useful fo the remaining gyms, and most of the pokémon league ( the champion using mostly rock types )

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
so that means your better off, cause Seedot, Nuzleaf and Shiftree are better, so you could use one of them ( me personally I would've chosen Treecko as my starter, therefore allowing me to keep the Torkoal )

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Treecko are not lame! I can see your a bit of a hothead ( pokémon starter type wise ), I could say that torchic is lame, which it is, but as I know Blaziken is a good pokémon ( easily beaten by Sceptile if the sceptile learns dig which is easily done in Ruby/Sappire/Emerald ), but as I quite clearly blurted out there, I think Sceptile are better.
But as type advantages for the gyms, elite 4 and champion go, we have to agree that Swampert is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom