• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBWODP

Aw crud, I'm gonna get lynched for pressuring another member to reveal their role again, aren't I? -_-

Nah, don't worry about. This case is different because a Commuter isn't exactly an important role, but if Vergo was indeed hinting at being a Commuter, he can counterclaim, which is allowed even if someone roleclaimed on the same day, and thereby expose scum.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Nah, don't worry about. This case is different because a Commuter isn't exactly an important role, but if Vergo was indeed hinting at being a Commuter, he can counterclaim, which is allowed even if someone roleclaimed on the same day, and thereby expose scum.

Phew, I've got a tendency to post before thinking, as can be seen in some of my other replies ;)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Crap, I've been browsing through the conversations off and on, and was planning on posting sometime down the line, but I just now noticed it was the last Day and that's what prompted me to acknowledge (at least) that I'm still here.

Honestly: I never intended on doing anything proactive Today; I just wanted to get a general feel of the game rather than committing to a vote or the like. Take that how you will.

As the risk of furthering scumminess, the spat between Soul and Jamie felt like the highlight of the Day. By and large the rest of the discussions felt like speculation more than anything (even the prospect of multiple Commuters, which could be a coverup in its own right), but the former is something that could be worth looking into. Maybe the Cop might be of the same mind, or he could go for one of the "three" alleged Commuters to clear up that mess beforehand. Whatever the case, I'm simply laying that out.

After ~8 hours of working outside at work, I'm a bit fuzzy in the head. Explain what you meant by the bolded part?

You haven't been doing too much scum hunting today apart from the slight exchange you had with Hero. You seem to just be asking people what they think of other players; in my experience, you usually end up voting for the players you ask other people about. Again, these were just "vibes" I was getting from you after you asked Toxic_Snowman the same thing. If I'm incorrect, I'd love to hear your actual thoughts about our remaining players, myself included, before the day ends.

I'm sorry to bring this up, but Vergo seems to be hinting at a counterclaim. Why not come out and say it a little clearer? I'm not sure if you're trying to hide it, but seems to me you shouldn't. At this point, I'm more inclined to believe Kokirion.

No, I'm not counterclaiming anything. I would have gone after kokirion full-force if I thought his claim was completely fake (I haven't). Although I'm glad you're still in the game, FC. I've been feeling particularly close to you here lately.

If we have next to no lynch candidates for today, I say we go for one of the quiet people that no one can get a read on. Toxic_Snowman and Doc seem like the best candidates at the moment to me.

Unless anyone else has information they'd like to share.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
You haven't been doing too much scum hunting today apart from the slight exchange you had with Hero. You seem to just be asking people what they think of other players; in my experience, you usually end up voting for the players you ask other people about. Again, these were just "vibes" I was getting from you after you asked Toxic_Snowman the same thing. If I'm incorrect, I'd love to hear your actual thoughts about our remaining players, myself included, before the day ends. No, I'm not counterclaiming anything. I would have gone after kokirion full-force if I thought his claim was completely fake (I haven't). Although I'm glad you're still in the game, FC. I've been feeling particularly close to you here lately. If we have next to no lynch candidates for today, I say we go for one of the quiet people that no one can get a read on. Toxic_Snowman and Doc seem like the best candidates at the moment to me. Unless anyone else has information they'd like to share.
You haven't been doing too much scum hunting today apart from the slight exchange you had with Hero. You seem to just be asking people what they think of other players; in my experience, you usually end up voting for the players you ask other people about. Again, these were just "vibes" I was getting from you after you asked Toxic_Snowman the same thing. If I'm incorrect, I'd love to hear your actual thoughts about our remaining players, myself included, before the day ends. No, I'm not counterclaiming anything. I would have gone after kokirion full-force if I thought his claim was completely fake (I haven't). Although I'm glad you're still in the game, FC. I've been feeling particularly close to you here lately. If we have next to no lynch candidates for today, I say we go for one of the quiet people that no one can get a read on. Toxic_Snowman and Doc seem like the best candidates at the moment to me. Unless anyone else has information they'd like to share.

What would you think of a scenario where we would lynch Tristan tonight?

The day ends in five hours, and so far there's only a single vote on me. Since the others seem reluctant to lynch me, seeing as no one else has voted for me besides Jamie, and I think it would be unfair to quick lynch someone who might not even be able to respond in time, I will Vote: Extension.

I know what role Vergo was hinting at now, which gives credibility to both koki's and NightOwl's claims. While I wouldn't say I completely trust Vergo, he wasn't exactly under a lot of pressure.

*edit* Or there was only a single vote on me, until Malon ninja'd me right as I hit the post button. :P

@Malon do you suspect Tristan? Why the sudden vote without explanation? Just because kokirion brought up the idea?

@Malon So you'd rather just lynch someone when we could extend the day and possibly find a more suitable target? I'm neutral on Tristan to be honest. Nothing he did was particularly out of the ordinary for me. At least he's been active though. If we're doing a policy lynch, we might aswell lynch a less active player who doesn't contribute much.

@Malon So you'd rather just lynch someone when we could extend the day and possibly find a more suitable target? I'm neutral on Tristan to be honest. Nothing he did was particularly out of the ordinary for me. At least he's been active though. If we're doing a policy lynch, we might aswell lynch a less active player who doesn't contribute much.
Yes.

I am fine with lynching Tristan, Doc, or Toxic_Snowman as two of the three are on my "leaning scum" list and one I have no opinion about yet. I think a Tristan lynch would give us more information, simply because he's been posting more than the other aforementioned two players, but I can agree with other peoples' sentiments that at least one, if not two or three, mafia are lurking among the inactives. Toxic has alarmed me a bit more than Doc, as I mentioned before. Returning to Tristan, he would fit the bill of a more experienced player who would want Sadia out of the way early on, as was previously discussed.

@kokirion Are you suspicious of Tristan for what he said at the start of the game day, and because he possibly proposed a Sadia lynch if he is scum?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I am fine with lynching Tristan, Doc, or Toxic_Snowman as two of the three are on my "leaning scum" list and one I have no opinion about yet. I think a Tristan lynch would give us more information, simply because he's been posting more than the other aforementioned two players, but I can agree with other peoples' sentiments that at least one, if not two or three, mafia are lurking among the inactives. Toxic has alarmed me a bit more than Doc, as I mentioned before. Returning to Tristan, he would fit the bill of a more experienced player who would want Sadia out of the way early on, as was previously discussed.

@kokirion Are you suspicious of Tristan for what he said at the start of the game day, and because he possibly proposed a Sadia lynch if he is scum?
I want to track down the player that convinced his mafia group to kill Sadia.
There are simply not that many possible players that could have done that. Pendio already dropped out of the list. Vergo is also a high suspect, but due to his sof vt claim this day and some other minor actions of his, added to the fact that I like to hear more from him, I decided I want him around for a little longer. I was doubting between voting for him or Tristan right now, but yes, this has been my conclusion to that.

Mezlo is one of the few others that could have been the one pushing for Sadia's death, and after the Storm lynch in my opinion he contributed poorly. I already explained this a number of times earlier in my last posts, but to summerise that, I think his behaviour does not exclude the possibility that he's scum.
For a long time have I seen him as town, but I think I've added him to that list too blindly. The more I overthink it, the less I trust him.

That said, I agree with ALIT that Tristan probably will give more info. He took more action than for example doc. If he is scum AND if he is town, we'll get more leads compared to if Doc would flip the same role.

Vote: Tristan

However, I am also okay with a Doc lynch. Sadly, it's bedtime for me right now, so I cannot wait till the end of the day. But if a majority would vote for Doc, I wouldn't have stopped them. Now that I don't think Night Owl is likely to be scum, Doc is pretty much the second "inactive" in line.

I do not want Toxic to die today though. I do not believe he's certainly town, actually I can imagine that he is scum, but I trust him more than I trust the others. I think that when he says something, he's also contributing more. Even only for that reason would I be more willing to keep him around for now. There is quite a list of other players that should be lynched before it gets his turn.

Alright guys, I didn't want to bring this up, but I dug up two quotes from Tristan from early on Day One:

Note he said exact same. Idk what that sounds like to you but exact same sounds like exact same to me.

Although I have to be honest, my TF2 knowledge is minimal, could there possibly be a red and a blue medic? My role actually indicates to me that perhaps that may be a possibility.

Based on my role, my theory is that roles exist for both colours but that they have different alterations depending on which colour you are. I can't explain it without going into my role, which I don't want to do, but that's my theory regarding colours. Whether I'm right or wrong is beyond me.

He had information about the colour system early in the game that he likely couldn't have had if he was scum. Couple that with a playstyle that mimics the one he had as Innocent Child in Revival Mafia, and I'm fairly certain he's town.

Posting this now because I'm about to go to sleep (sorry folks, got plans tomorrow), and would much rather get it out of the way before an innocent gets lynched - especially this close to the end of the game day, when we could just aswell vote for an extension.

Since no one else seems to want an extension, and I don't believe that Tristan is scum, I'll go ahead and take up kokirion's suggestion and Vote: Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom