• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think there can only be one doctor

I think there can be two colors, but who is to say there are two doctors? Doesn't it seem a little OP for town to have two doctors? Sure, we had two people claim Doctor, but Storm just admitted to fake claiming. As far as I can tell, there is one doctor.

If there is another doctor, please don't say anything. But I'm more inclined to think there is only one... Or maybe I'm totally off.

Just a hunch really. Many games with powers that don't work from day to day either have them working on an X-shot basis or even/odd day basis and I had a hunch it was the latter.

Interesting. Can anyone confirm that the even/odd day thing is common in mafia games? It's certainly the first time I've heard about it.

I think there can be two colors, but who is to say there are two doctors? Doesn't it seem a little OP for town to have two doctors? Sure, we had two people claim Doctor, but Storm just admitted to fake claiming. As far as I can tell, there is one doctor.

If there is another doctor, please don't say anything. But I'm more inclined to think there is only one... Or maybe I'm totally off.

It seems overpowered in theory, but people have brought up the idea of this being a role madness game, where pretty much everyone has a power role. Based on the theme and the existence of the team colours, I think this is not only possible but even pretty likely. We'll know more after the first night is over.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!

I think there's a red and blue doc... in a village of 20, that really isn't very OP at all imo. Plus it's likely that at least one will be killed or lynched before the odds get any better.

I find this post kind of scummy. I think most people are in agreement in Malon being a doctor, yet ALIT is trying to discredit him and Hero.

I can see what you mean, Johnny, but I mainly wanted to know why Malon stated that Tristan had forced him into claiming when Hero asked first. Malon gave an acceptable answer to my question by saying it was likely a misstep by Hero as he supposedly doesn't have much experience playing Mafia. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Hero.)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Interesting. Can anyone confirm that the even/odd day thing is common in mafia games? It's certainly the first time I've heard about it.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Even/Odd_Night

I know it's not been used on ZD before though I can't say which specific game.

I can see what you mean, Johnny, but I mainly wanted to know why Malon stated that Tristan had forced him into claiming when Hero asked first. Malon gave an acceptable answer to my question by saying it was likely a misstep by Hero as he supposedly doesn't have much experience playing Mafia. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Hero.)

Fair enough. It still does seem like a push, but I'll let it go for now.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Malon admitted that he can only use his role on certain nights, and he's part of the RED team. Having two doctors that can protect on opposite nights isn't OP, it's basically like only having one doctor. TF2 has two teams, RED and BLU, and players can be one of nine possible classes. I think it's very safe to assume that the classes are the roles and that they are shared between teams but that the members that have those roles can only use them on the opposite night of the other team. This would make a lot of sense given what I've read about TF 2 and the fact that Deku said in the signup thread that both teams were going to be cooperating. My own role backs this up even more.

I've already said this at least twice previously, and others have too, so either you didn't read or you just didn't notice. As of right now, this seems like the most likely scenario. It's why people are theorizing that everybody has a non-vanilla role in this game. As I've said before, we can use our own role pms to deduce which nights each colour can use their powers on. This is extremely helpful for us, and as long as we know which colours attack on which nights but the mafia doesn't, we hold an advantage.

Given that there are only 9 classes in TF2, I think it's very safe to say that the roles are doubled in this game. I don't even think you can really argue it at this point.

It seems overpowered in theory, but people have brought up the idea of this being a role madness game, where pretty much everyone has a power role. Based on the theme and the existence of the team colours, I think this is not only possible but even pretty likely. We'll know more after the first night is over.

Yeah, the night scene will definitely help us more.

Malon admitted that he can only use his role on certain nights, and he's part of the RED team. Having two doctors that can protect on opposite nights isn't OP, it's basically like only having one doctor. TF2 has two teams, RED and BLU, and players can be one of nine possible classes. I think it's very safe to assume that the classes are the roles and that they are shared between teams but that the members that have those roles can only use them on the opposite night of the other team. This would make a lot of sense given what I've read about TF 2 and the fact that Deku said in the signup thread that both teams were going to be cooperating. My own role backs this up even more.

I've already said this at least twice previously, and others have too, so either you didn't read or you just didn't notice. As of right now, this seems like the most likely scenario. It's why people are theorizing that everybody has a non-vanilla role in this game. As I've said before, we can use our own role pms to deduce which nights each colour can use their powers on. This is extremely helpful for us, and as long as we know which colours attack on which nights but the mafia doesn't, we hold an advantage.

Given that there are only 9 classes in TF2, I think it's very safe to say that the roles are doubled in this game. I don't even think you can really argue it at this point.

I've been reading and following the thread so there's no need to repeat yourself, which I know you hate to do. I know what's been said. I'm just offering my opinion based on my role. I could be wrong, but that's why I bring it up.

I'm pretty sure not everyone has a power role. So maybe that's why Storm claimed to be a doctor.

If the roles can only be used on certain nights, then the roles are not OP. I agree with you there.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
He is theorizing that me claiming Medic and then taking it back is a sign i dont have a power role. When in truth i have a helpful role if i knew who to use it on, but i has 3 solid votes. So... I love you all

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Hey everyone. I'm sooo sorry for the inactivity, but I've been really busy. My finals are over in a week, so after that my posting should boost up. Till then though, please don't expect much from my end hehe...

I just read through 15 pages of this thread. My brain is mush. XD The game basically shifted to "I hate Storm" to "Who's the real Doc lol?!" to "Is Storm scum?" with a whole bunch of other stuff in there as well lol.

But really though, IS he scum? I'm quite conflicted on the matter myself. Looking at the current vote count, that doesn't seem to matter because he's going to be lynched anyhow. But still, it's good for every single player to state their stance, because after someone flips, it's these exact stances that prove beneficial to Town.

I decided to put together Storm's important posts, just to help myself and maybe everyone else.

Yay. 3 votes out of 11 already. Yall mother****ers sone goddamn synths

Wow i has so many votes. So much for RVS

Before the claim, he had a lot to say about people voting on him. Either the signs of a jumpy scum, or just a really salty player lol.

Look. Its Day 1. Why dont we calm down, Unvote, [...] I want valid reasoning as to why me of all people

After the claim. Calling to unvote. Seemed pretty desperate about it.

Or there are two medics. A red and a blue

Ok, now that we know the red medic claim is completely a lie, this post is important. From a scum's point of view, if I went ahead and fakeclaimed, I would think of ways to make the claim plausible. Naturally someone might've counter claimed, so why not introduce this idea of colours and two medics? Maybe Storm's scumbuds suggested this to him. Anyhow, he's clearly trying to make his claim look more solid here.

I will say i am on the Red Team

Easily said = easily made up.

I cant agree to something i cant do. The Medic Claim was a farse and moreover a joke to disuade and buy me time, because i have an important role. One that the Synths would try to kill if they knew i was it. Because i hold in my hand the difference between heaven and hell

Ok, now his confession really throws me off. Why on earth would he do this?? As scum, I would've just stuck to the initial thing I claimed. There'd be no point to switch fake claims again all of a sudden. This post makes Storm just look like a really troll type of Town player. Besides, what kind of scum buds would encourage/allow this kind of post??

Then again, look at the new thing he's saying. "I have an important role." How ambiguous is that?? No other info is given, he just said it's important. He would have to make something more believable if he wants everyone to unvote him.

If i tell you, im a night kill. If i dont im a lynch, so give me a vow you wont lynch and i will reveal and i ask Malon to protectcme tonight as well

Sigh. Then there's also this. The worst thing about Storm is that he's doing nothing to prove his innocence. From his end, there's just been a lot of nonsense posts (I can post a whole list if you want) and whining (for lack of a better word) that he's going to die. He isn't actually contributing to Town, posting some solid defense for himself, or even scum hunting. He hasn't scum hunted at all. All of this is making it really hard to see him as Town.

So I don't really know, to be honest. All of the signs are screaming that he is a mafioso, but I'm not sure why I have a gut feeling he is Town. I think it's mainly because of this second role he's claiming. You'd have to be a really bad mafia player to make that move while you're scum. But I do actually agree that he will be the best lynch for today. If he turns out mafia, great for us, and if not, we'll look back on our steps and look at what was said today.

The worst part about this whole thing is that now our doctor's out in the open. :/ I know there were talks of Malon being protected by the other medic tonight, but what if she herself is the one protecting on odd nights? Besides, the mafia will end up getting her sooner or later. :(

He is theorizing that me claiming Medic and then taking it back is a sign i dont have a power role. When in truth i have a helpful role if i knew who to use it on, but i has 3 solid votes. So... I love you all

What does everyone think about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom