• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Soul Which question did you want me to answer? I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the activity, and I didn't see you ask me anything.

@Johnny Sooshi My apologies, I've got a really hectic schedule and don't get to post often. Though I don't see how lack of posts has anything to do with scumminess.

I'm pretty sure Malon wanted the others to know he said it... I only asked if he could back it up. Tristian asked him to back it up. Issue of inexperience on my part, not sure why this makes me seem scummy though, but due apologies anyway. I obviously didn't put pressure on him, not enough for him to declare his role, as he said in reply to me. After he said he would wait, I left him alone. Tristian pressured him afterwards.

So I'm gonna draw attention to both of these posts. While I understand you are new, that certainly doesn't stop you from appearing scummy. I hosted Scrubs mafia where @Sadia was the last mafia for a few days and won. It was her first game. Needless to say, I'm going to trust a new player doing stuff that could be construed as scummy as much as I would a vet. So yes, a lack of posts can, and does, appear scummy. A lack of posts can be seen as scum staying quiet and making sure they aren't seen as scum. If you can't get a read on someone they have an equal chance of being town and scum.

Also, I have to agree that you did put pressure on Malon that forced a claim. And while it can be chalked up to inexperience, like I said, I've seen new players come in and pick up mafia like a pro. Don't take this personally, but it's how I see this situation.

I don't believe anybody should be lynched today. Nobody has caught my eye yet. I think it's best to just leave it alone for Day 1, until we have some concrete evidence of one person or another

Ultimately I've never seen anything good come from a no lynch. While they do have less potential to hurt town in the short run, there's usually no evidence to run off of the next day.

Pen

The game is on!
If we can't come up with a suitable target, I'm all for a policy lynch, possibly just kicking an inactive player out of the game.

If it comes to this (which it very possibly might), I would like to suggest Storm even still. Sure, he is certainly not inactive, but knowing now how he plays, I think his contributions are even worse then that of a less active player.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Frozen Chosen I think it's very likely that there is a red and a blue doctor. TF2 has two different colored teams, and if they're working together in this mafia game, there's probably a medic for both colors. Though this isn't a 100% chance.

This made me think of something actually. Malon hinted at not necessarily being able to use his power every day. What if the team aspect of TF2 means one is, say even day, one is odd day when it comes to specific powers? Thoughts?

Pen

The game is on!
This is assuming his role is not useful?

Anyone could potentially have a useful role. And assuming this is role madness, every role serves some kind of purpose. I just do not think that can take his role into consideration at this point. If we did we would have to do the same for any lynch candidate. Besides, I suspect him of being scum anyway, so I will happily lynch Storm. That fake claim just really looks bad.

I see your point, but like you said, the chances of hitting scum is very low, and we most likely will hit Town, effectively giving Mafia two free kills on the first Day/Night cycle. Don't know about you, but I don't think that's a good strategy. I'd rather give them one free Night kill than take a risky chance that will almost certainly give them two.

Seems like no one agrees though, so I'm okay leaving the rest of the Town to it's own devices, for now.

Think of it this way:
Let's say there's 16 townies and 4 mafia. If we lynch someone on Day One, the chance of hitting scum is 20%. If the lynchee turns out to be town, that'll leave 14 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Two. The chance of hitting scum is now 22%. If we mislynch again, there will be 12 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Three. The chances are now 25%.

If we don't lynch anyone on Day One, there will be 15 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Two, making the odds of hitting scum only 21%. Mislynch on Day Two, and on Day Three you'll have a 23% chance.

See where I'm going with this? Lynching someone on Day One, even if they flip town, actually increases our odds of finding scum. The difference may seem marginal at first, but keep in mind this is a large game with 20 players.

There's also the fact that by not lynching anyone today, there's one less mislynch before we lose. Right now we've got an even number of players, which is statistically advantegous.

This made me think of something actually. Malon hinted at not necessarily being able to use his power every day. What if the team aspect of TF2 means one is, say even day, one is odd day when it comes to specific powers? Thoughts?

What makes you think the restriction is odd or even nights specifically?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also, on the topic of a no lynch, I am completely against it. Lynches give us information, no lynches give us absolutely nothing. Oftentimes, mafia will suggest a no lynch in an attempt to save a teammate, not because it's actually useful to the town. Not saying this is the case now, but worth keeping in mind.

I think, if we're going for a lynch today, we should lynch Storm. Even if he isn't mafia, his behaviour and the way he plays is anti-town and doesn't help us at all. Plus we have a possible lead with him.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Think of it this way:
Let's say there's 16 townies and 4 mafia. If we lynch someone on Day One, the chance of hitting scum is 20%. If the lynchee turns out to be town, that'll leave 14 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Two. The chance of hitting scum is now 22%. If we mislynch again, there will be 12 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Three. The chances are now 25%.

If we don't lynch anyone on Day One, there will be 15 townies and 4 mafia alive on Day Two, making the odds of hitting scum only 21%. Mislynch on Day Two, and on Day Three you'll have a 23% chance.

See where I'm going with this? Lynching someone on Day One, even if they flip town, actually increases our odds of finding scum. The difference may seem marginal at first, but keep in mind this is a large game with 20 players.

There's also the fact that by not lynching anyone today, there's one less mislynch before we lose. Right now we've got an even number of players, which is statistically advantegous.
Okay, I get your way of thinking. You made some good points. I didn't really think about the long term. I was more involved with the immediate effects. As much as I think Storm is Town this time around, I can see the advantages in a lynch, even if it could be a mislynch. I won't vote, but I really hope he is Mafia for the good of the Town.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
So I'm gonna draw attention to both of these posts. While I understand you are new, that certainly doesn't stop you from appearing scummy. I hosted Scrubs mafia where @Sadia was the last mafia for a few days and won. It was her first game. Needless to say, I'm going to trust a new player doing stuff that could be construed as scummy as much as I would a vet. So yes, a lack of posts can, and does, appear scummy. A lack of posts can be seen as scum staying quiet and making sure they aren't seen as scum. If you can't get a read on someone they have an equal chance of being town and scum.

Also, I have to agree that you did put pressure on Malon that forced a claim. And while it can be chalked up to inexperience, like I said, I've seen new players come in and pick up mafia like a pro. Don't take this personally, but it's how I see this situation.

*shrugs* You're entitled to your opinion, I guess. Still, I'm not sure what was scummy about a misunderstanding.

I'm pretty sure Malon wanted the others to know he said it... I only asked if he could back it up. Tristian asked him to back it up. Issue of inexperience on my part, not sure why this makes me seem scummy though, but due apologies anyway. I obviously didn't put pressure on him, not enough for him to declare his role, as he said in reply to me. After he said he would wait, I left him alone. Tristian pressured him afterwards.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I claimed for real in response to something Tristan said, not Hero. Don't remember for sure, though.
Exactly. The fact that people kept asking Malon to clarify really upset things and kind of put us in this mess.

I'm thinking that Storm is the best option to lynch. But I don't think that means Malon for sure is the doctor. If there is some sort of cop like role, perhaps that person should use it on some other person, not Malon. If Storm was the doctor, then we lynch Malon the next day.

What do you guys think?
Meh, I'll probably die tonight anyways. But yeah, if by some crazy witchcraft I survive and Storm ends up being Red Doctor, then by all means Lynch me.
Yes, based on mine and several other people's role PMs, I think that's how it works.
This is assuming his role is not useful?
For all we know, his role could be VERY useful. But whatever his role is he seems to cause more damage than good.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Storm (4): Pendio, HeroOfTime,Tristan, Malon
Malon (1): Sadia
Mido (1): A Link in Time
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Mido
Dan (1): Johnny Sooshi
A Link in Time (1): Night Owl
Johnny Sooshi (1): Frozen Chosen
Tristan (1): Storm
Pendio (1): Kokirion
Not Voting (8): Spiritual Mask Salesman, Doc, Dan, Toxic_Snowman, Ver-go-a-go-go, Soul, Viral Maze, Zelda15
Day 1 will end on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 3pm PST.
With 20 players alive, it takes 11 for majority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom