• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yes, but isn't that what we are already expecting? I mean, there are 9 classes. 9x2= 18 and add 4 mafia to that is 2 too many. And taking into accound that Deku only allowed people to join in pairs (to have an even amount of players), he was probably adding/removing VT classes. So exactly, he removed one. But we still do not know whether the last undiscovered class is a class with powers or a class with without powers.

If we know they have powers, then there are only 2 VT's left. And with 2 claims, we can simply counter claim if someone else is also a VT. And if no one counter claims we can see their claims as genuine.
So you missed my post or what? Because we do know if there's powers or not.

I think either Scout, Pyro or Soldier are not in the game. Doc unintentionally left us a hint with his dying message, saying that he "knows his scumbuds can pull through". Since every town role is doubled, that can only mean that there's four scum in total, because it wouldn't add up otherwise.

Out of those three TF2 roles, I think the Scout is the Commuter. According to the TF2 wiki Scouts are the fastest units in the game and can dodge projectiles. If Toxic is correct in assuming that there's a Jack of All Trades in the game, that would likely be the Soldier, who's described as being versatile. The Pyro is likely the one role not included, because there are no Arsonists in this game.

The question now is wether @Toxic_Snowman is correct or not. I'd like to hear where this idea of his is coming from. Were you subtly softclaiming, or is it just a hunch?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I wonder why Toxic seems to be entertaining the idea of a JOAT being the unknown class, I haven't seen anything in the night scenes to necessarily suggest that. Is Toxic soft claiming?

The question now is wether @Toxic_Snowman is correct or not. I'd like to hear where this idea of his is coming from. Were you subtly softclaiming, or is it just a hunch?

Not sure if the last possible town role has been soft claimed or if really is just spit balling for ideas. I'm inclined to believe Toxic is just throwing some theories out there, simply because a JOAT seems a bit too powerful of a role to have in a set-up like this. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I was just trying to create conversation, and name possible roles. I was not soft claiming. I was thinking over roles that could potentially fit the characters' descriptions, and I thought since Soldier is versatile, he might be a very versatile class.

I honestly believe they would be VT over JOAT, but there's a possibility for both. It may even be a role we haven't considered yet. Something less common that fits better with the character. It's better to consider all possibilities, instead of just one.

I was just trying to create conversation, and name possible roles. I was not soft claiming. I was thinking over roles that could potentially fit the characters' descriptions, and I thought since Soldier is versatile, he might be a very versatile class.

I honestly believe they would be VT over JOAT, but there's a possibility for both. It may even be a role we haven't considered yet. Something less common that fits better with the character. It's better to consider all possibilities, instead of just one.

I see your point. I personally think a Jack of All Trades is unlikely, because we haven't had any night actions so far that can't be explained by one of the other confirmed or semi-confirmed roles. It's true that the possibility of the Soldier being a powerrole should be considered though, even if I personally think it's likely they're Vanilla Townies too at this point.

@Ver-go-a-go-go and @Frozen Chosen I know name claiming is prohibited, but I think answering this question would be allowed: Are your roles counterparts to Johnny and Sadia?

I see your point. I personally think a Jack of All Trades is unlikely, because we haven't had any night actions so far that can't be explained by one of the other confirmed or semi-confirmed roles. It's true that the possibility of the Soldier being a powerrole should be considered though, even if I personally think it's likely they're Vanilla Townies too at this point.

@Ver-go-a-go-go and @Frozen Chosen I know name claiming is prohibited, but I think answering this question would be allowed: Are your roles counterparts to Johnny and Sadia?

Yeah. That was the reason why I was suspicios of Johnny.

Jamie

I think either Scout, Pyro or Soldier are not in the game. Doc unintentionally left us a hint with his dying message, saying that he "knows his scumbuds can pull through". Since every town role is doubled, that can only mean that there's four scum in total, because it wouldn't add up otherwise.

Out of those three TF2 roles, I think the Scout is the Commuter. According to the TF2 wiki Scouts are the fastest units in the game and can dodge projectiles. If Toxic is correct in assuming that there's a Jack of All Trades in the game, that would likely be the Soldier, who's described as being versatile. The Pyro is likely the one role not included, because there are no Arsonists in this game.

cough cough it's not the third one of those 3

Jamie

and im pretty sure a JOAT isnt in the game cough cough

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote: Zelda15

I'd rather vote someone else, but I'm going to go through their posts again right now. Voting for Zelda15 so she posts once shes back.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
seriously how the **** did you guys just skip over my claim just what
Because though I appreciate subtlety maybe it was a bit "too " soft :P

I mean what we need to know is simple. Your role and class are irrelevant. Simply, are you of an unknown class and do you have any power/specialty.

That last part is vital info, and I'm still not sure from your softclaim

Jamie

Because though I appreciate subtlety maybe it was a bit "too " soft :P

I mean what we need to know is simple. Your role and class are irrelevant. Simply, are you of an unknown class and do you have any power/specialty.

That last part is vital info, and I'm still not sure from your softclaim
I am of one of the 3 remaining classes and I have no powers.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Zelda15(1): Viral Maze
Not Voting (13): Kokirion, Soul, A Link in Time, Tristan, Mido, Frozen Chosen, Night Owl, Malon, Ver-go-a-go-go, Toxic_Snowman, Zelda15, HeroOfTime, Jamie

YET TO REACH POST QUOTA
A Link in Time (1), Tristan (2), Viral Maze (1), Mido, Frozen Chosen (1), Night Owl (1), Malon, Ver-go-a-go-go (1), Zelda15, HeroOfTime

Day 4 ends at 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. With 14 alive, it takes 8 to reach majority. You need 3 posts this game day to not be replaced
@Mido @Malon @Zelda15 and @HeroOfTime have yet to post today

I am of one of the 3 remaining classes and I have no powers.

Gotcha. Unless two people counterclaim, you're on my town list.

That leaves a scum pool of the following people:
Toxic_Snowman
A Link in Time
Viral Maze
Mido
Night Owl
Zelda15
HeroOfTime

I'm not suspicious of Tristan, and while I myself am not proven town, for obvious reasons I'm not suspicious of myself either. I'd have to do some backreading before I can really cast suspicion on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom