• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tea V coffee: The battle to end all battles

Tea or coffee?

• Tea

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Coffee

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Tea of course! Especially green tea. My favourite is matcha green which is a Japanese tea which comes in powdered form.

I prefer loose leaf tea to bags but if I get bagged tea then Teapigs or Clipper teas are the ones to go for.

I don't mind a good oolong either and earl grey is tasty too especially when it has cornflowers in it.

you put flowers in your tea???

heaalth-benefits-of-chrysanthemum-tea.jpg

Yep :)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I prefer tea. Lapsang Souchong and Prince of Wales, to be specific.

Well, being American clearly doesn't influence my opinion, but it does make things more awkward. Here, drinking tea is associated with the upper class, and women's church socials. It's viewed as something for special occasions or the upper class. But only hot tea is viewed this way. People drink iced tea all the time. I have no idea why it works this way.

Honestly, I generally just tell people that I don't like coffee and stick to Coke or something instead.

People that do like tea are always surprised that anyone would prefer something like Lapsang Souchong anyway, because it lacks the subtle flavors and hints in something like Earl Gray.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I prefer tea. Lapsang Souchong and Prince of Wales, to be specific.

Well, being American clearly doesn't influence my opinion, but it does make things more awkward. Here, drinking tea is associated with the upper class, and women's church socials. It's viewed as something for special occasions or the upper class. But only hot tea is viewed this way. People drink iced tea all the time. I have no idea why it works this way.

Honestly, I generally just tell people that I don't like coffee and stick to Coke or something instead.

People that do like tea are always surprised that anyone would prefer something like Lapsang Souchong anyway, because it lacks the subtle flavors and hints in something like Earl Gray.

I have actually never met anyone that likes Lapsang Souchong.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have actually never met anyone that likes Lapsang Souchong.

Yeah, I actually like the smoky flavor. To me, it tastes like the way I think coffee should taste... strong and smoky, but without a bitter aftertaste. It just has a good flavor and smell. The origin story/myth is really interesting as well...

Supposedly, the tea crop in a Chinese village was burned up somehow and they thought it was ruined, but the European traders that showed up to buy it actually end up really liking the tea, to the point that they started making it that way on purpose.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah, I actually like the smoky flavor. To me, it tastes like the way I think coffee should taste... strong and smoky, but without a bitter aftertaste. It just has a good flavor and smell. The origin story/myth is really interesting as well...

Supposedly, the tea crop in a Chinese village was burned up somehow and they thought it was ruined, but the European traders that showed up to buy it actually end up really liking the tea, to the point that they started making it that way on purpose.
I'm not a fan of it myself but that origin story is interesting.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Isn't this what the English and French have been fighting over for the last two thousand years or so?

Anyway, I prefer tea but I am addicted to coffee. So... Tea I guess. Even though I voted coffee.

Ima go maek sum coffee... even though I already have a glass of iced tea >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom