• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Taylor Swift

Is Taylor Swift a talentless hack?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I feel like the only person here who actually likes Taylor Swift. I mean, I don't go out of my way to listen to her music, but I don't mind it when I hear it. Some of her songs are really catchy and, while her vocals are pretty inconsistent between live performances, she's one of the few artists that refuses to excessively auto tune her songs, and for that, I admire her.

Although I do think she was better as a country artist and that genre suited her voice more, I do enjoy the stuff she puts out nowadays, along with lots of other "mainstream" pop music. There are things about her and her songs that I can really appreciate.

Pop may not be for her, but it sells records. Country records don't typically sell very well nowadays. Management and radio have forced her to change to being a pop singer. You can hear in the way she sings that she's still a country singer at heart, so I can definitely say the girl's got guts.

I feel like the only person here who actually likes Taylor Swift. I mean, I don't go out of my way to listen to her music, but I don't mind it when I hear it. Some of her songs are really catchy and, while her vocals are pretty inconsistent between live performances, she's one of the few artists that refuses to excessively auto tune her songs, and for that, I admire her.

Although I do think she was better as a country artist and that genre suited her voice more, I do enjoy the stuff she puts out nowadays, along with lots of other "mainstream" pop music. There are things about her and her songs that I can really appreciate.

Pop may not be for her, but it sells records. Country records don't typically sell very well nowadays. Management and radio have forced her to change to being a pop singer. You can hear in the way she sings that she's still a country singer at heart, so I can definitely say the girl's got guts.
I dont mind her either, I just had no idea who she was until today.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Taylor Swift inspired one of the two main characters of my undergraduate thesis film, so yeah I like her a lot.

Don't care for her early country stuff (I really dislike "Love Story" - did she ever finish Romeo and Juliet or just up to like the end of Act 2?), but Red and onward have been stellar pop. Some real nice stuff, especially 1989.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Like all artists, I think Taylor Swift has a lot of hits and misses. I actually really enjoyed Blank Space, but less so Bad Blood. Shake it Off was weird, but You Belong With Me was good. I even like some of her older stuff, namely Teardrops on My Guitar. There's talent there - it just doesn't always fit my personal musical taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom