• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Tav's New Hero's Shade Theory

A while ago, I posted a thread about how I thought Rusl might be the Hero's Shade. But now I'm thinking that the Hero's Shade is the cursed warrior from Hyrule Castle, possibly sent by Zelda.

For reference: look at the ZD Video Walkthrough for the Hyrule Castle dungeon, second video on the page, starting at 3:59:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda11-twilight-princess-walkthrough-video-22.php

One of the gravestones says that a cursed warrior sleeps beneath a sacred tree.

There are a bunch of ghost guys pointing at a spot in front of the tree, but the only thing buried there is a button.

Is there any significance to this missing cursed warrior?

Maybe not, but that would make his appearance (non-appearance) at Hyrule Castle kind of random: "Hey, there's a special dude with a mysterious backstory burried under that tree, but he's missing. The end. Go beat the castle and fight Ganondorf. Forget we even said anything."

Totaly acceptable, sure. But I think that the cursed warrior might be the Hero's Shade.

Maybe he got up and wandered off on his own. If he's cursed, that would make sense.

Or maybe Zelda sent him. That cursed warrior was buried in Hyrule Castle, where Zelda was trapped, after all, and Zelda certainly had a motivation to want to help Link. A few additional reasons that Zelda's involvement would make sense:
  • Zelda doesn't turn into a ghost when Hyrule is covered in Twilight like all of the other Hylians. We already know she's special, but maybe there's more to her than the whole "I'm a princess!" thing. Maybe she can even do magic? Put a spell on a cursed skeleton to bring it to life and make its real-world form look like a wolf? She can certainly make light arrows. That wolf just so happens to be glowy and gold. IDK.
  • Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. The Hero's Shade's only purpose is to impart knowledge. If I were super wise, knowledge would be the first thing I'd think of to send someone if I wanted to help them.
  • Shiek helped Link in Ocarina of Time in a way similar to the way the Hero's Shade helps him (shows up every once in a while and teaches him things). This sort of indirect involvement seems to be Zelda's style (if we can look at something in one game and call it a style XD).
  • Zelda's involvement would further justify the game being called "Legend of ZELDA" when Link and Midna are the ones who run around and actually DO stuff.
  • The howling rocks have the Shiekah eye on them: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Howling_Stone . So does Zelda's cloak when you first meet her in the tower near the start of the game: http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Zelda_TP_Cloak.jpg .

If you think that the Hero's Shade is really OOT Link (I don't, but I know a lot of people do), then that could also work with this theory if you suppose OOT Link was burried in Hyrule Castle when he died.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Quite the interesting theory! Works for both ways a person might think about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom