• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tattoos

I have two tattoos! First one I got was a cross on my left bicep. 2nd one I got was USMC down my right tricep after I graduated bootcamp. Always wanted to get a sleeve done just never found anything I liked though.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
I don't have any tattoos yet because I'm wary of anything that's permanent. I'm not against people having them, I just haven't found something I'm willing to leave as a permanent mark on my body yet.

I think tattoos can be a beautiful act of expression. :) I want tattoos for myself, but I don't want to get any until I have the money to pay for a good one - it's going to be on my body for the rest of my life, I don't want to forego quality for a bargain.

I'm currently saving up for a hemlock tree on my back. Hemlocks are everywhere in the pacific northwest, and seeing them always reminds me of home. There was a huge one in my backyard that I grew up playing around. It was always "home base" for playing tag, the "pokemon center" for when I played pokemon, and the "kokiri forest" for when I played Zelda. As a result, hemlocks have an almost nurturing connotation for me. Additionally, my late father was a restoration ecologist with a PhD in forestry. Because of this, I essentially grew up in the woods of the PNW, helping my Dad identify pine needles and looking at bark patterns. So I think it would be an adequate tribute to him as well. :)

Aside from that, I'd love a 32-bit Pokeball tattoo (simply because Pokemon has been a major part of the last 15 years of my life), and lately I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo of the three spiritual stones from Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:
I like tattoos well enough and I think I might get one someday… if I do, then it would probably be a nightingale on my back. I have a habit of calling people I know after different types of birds, but couldn’t find one for myself. Then my sister said that nightingales reminded her of me, so it became a little nickname and I like it a lot, since now it makes me think of her, too. The Heron is her bird, and she’s had a tattoo of one on her back for a while now, so that’s why I would like to get mine to match. The nightingale kind of represents me now, and I think it fits well, so it’s meaningful enough for me that I can’t see myself regretting it if I got it done. Of course, my skin is just fine the way it is, but it is a nice thought, if I were to get one. :>

If i ever got a Tatto it would probably be the hylian crest on the upper part of my back. Although i do think tattoo's should mean something to you. My friend got a tattoo of a bow and arrow on her neck. When I asked her why she simply said because she thought it would look cool. This seems kinda pointless if its not going to mean something personal to you.

In general, I really like tattoos. I've seen some that you can't help but describe as art.
While I would never choose to have them all over me, I don't discriminate people for it if that's what they want.

I don't have one, would like to have one, however. Probably a small feather. It would remind me that life always gets easy again even if it doesn't seem so at the moment and that I should be less serious sometimes ;)
But the whole job problem is why I haven't done it, yet. Even though I'm old enough, I'm still in school, and it seems like I will later do something where I need to wear real business clothing and such. So there shouldn't be any tattoos visible... My first choice would have been my ankle, but I'll have to think it over now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom