• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tattoos

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Sorry if theres already a thread like this. I looked for one and couldnt find it. Buuuut tatoos? Are you for or against them? Do you have any? Planning on getting any? If youre against why? Im planning on getting three or four tatoos including the Royal family crest and possinly Keabora Geabora on my arm:)

i got nothing against tattoos. in fact the only thin keeping me from getting one is that id have no idea wat to get...its so permanent, it scares me :S

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I have nothing against Tatoos. I'm might get at least 2. But then again, I might not. That's pretty cool getting the Royal Family Crest.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Tattoo's never bothered me. Whether you have one is your buisness, not mine. I probably will never get one, just because I wouldn't really bother to acknowledge it's presence after getting it. And some tattoo's get really weird looking as you get older to. But if I do get one, it'll probably be something written in japanese on my arm, or the royal family's crest.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I got my first tattoo when I was a few months away from turning 19, almost 8,5 years ago. It's a dragon on my right shoulder. I want to have more, the only reason I don't is because I have a tendency to spend my money on other things, but one day I will expand the one I have and probably get a few more. It's important to think about what you want. I decided to motive of mine on a whim. I don't regret what I got, but I could have. So anyone thinking about getting a tattoo, make sure it's something you're sure you'll love for life. And I also advice first-timers to get something small and simple to start with. Like if you want to get something Zelda, then maybe start with the triforce. My dragon had a lot of outline and all outline has to be done before you can get numbing cream, cause otherwise the tattoo could become disformed. So tattoo newbies, start with something small and then move on to the bigger ones ;)

tattoo.jpg

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
F

Faxanadu

My father and a few of my closest friends are tattoo artists. I am so pro-tat! I have a few and plan on getting many more... I have the Japanese character for harmony on my left shoulder, the Virgo sign on my back by my right shoulder blade, 3 stars in each ear and *dananana!* a life meter on my right bicep! It's awesome... 3 8bit hearts and the 3rd is halved because I took a hit and I'm still kickin butt! Next month for my b-day I'm getting the triforce on the back of my neck then the moon and star symbol from Oot (blocks, mirror shield, etc...) on my left wrist. I figure the life meter classifies me as an old school gamer, the triforce says I'm a zelda geek, and the moon and star say I'm Oot. I'm also getting a bunch of bats on the left side of my lower back, my gecko on my left foot, a black widow on my right hip, carpe noctem (latin for seize the night) on my right forearm, a small vile of zydrate and a crow but idk where. That is all for now lol. Here's my life meter.

IMG_4967.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I definatly want some tats. I want a phoenix on my back, a Triforce on my left hand, a cheetah and wolf circling around the thickest part of my leg, and possibly a black cat on my right arm, though I'm kinda thinking having it on my hip.

amaterasu

Writer
personally, i can't even poke myself with a pencil on the inside of my elbow, so i probably couldn't get a tattoo. i have nothing against them though, as my mom has one that she only got for sentimental reasons. I'll get tatts for sentimental reasons too, but if i do, i might have to be put under a sedative or something. pain? not my thing.

My father and a few of my closest friends are tattoo artists. I am so pro-tat! I have a few and plan on getting many more... I have the Japanese character for harmony on my left shoulder, the Virgo sign on my back by my right shoulder blade, 3 stars in each ear and *dananana!* a life meter on my right bicep! It's awesome... 3 8bit hearts and the 3rd is halved because I took a hit and I'm still kickin butt! Next month for my b-day I'm getting the triforce on the back of my neck then the moon and star symbol from Oot (blocks, mirror shield, etc...) on my left wrist. I figure the life meter classifies me as an old school gamer, the triforce says I'm a zelda geek, and the moon and star say I'm Oot. I'm also getting a bunch of bats on the left side of my lower back, my gecko on my left foot, a black widow on my right hip, carpe noctem (latin for seize the night) on my right forearm, a small vile of zydrate and a crow but idk where. That is all for now lol. Here's my life meter.

View attachment 16615

be careful, nintendo got sued because that symbol offened i THINK the muslum community. or the jewish, i'm not sure if they're the same, or which one, or what. the music in the fire temple also offended them, so they put diff. music and symbols in the newer cartradiges, but in the older ones they have the same music and symbol.

I think tattoos are great. Just avoid getting one in areas that can't be covered up because they will definitely affect your ability to get a job.

I don't have any yet, but will likely get a couple eventually. I'd like to get a Zelda-related one too, but nothing too extreme like the Triforce logo. I wouldn't mind getting the Goron Ruby logo on my arm:

first4figures-darunia-goron-link-zelda-statue-1.jpg

L

liz lemonade

I love tattoos and I really want one. However as usual my parents don't like them so I have to wait until I am far removed from their house to look into such a thing. I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from getting a Triforce somewhere, even if it's small and obscured.

The main things I want are contradicting Tegan and Sara lyrics on my arms, the establishing shot of the Labyrinth (from the movie) on my thigh, and a heart with a handprint on it somewhere.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My mother always told me having a tattoo was bad and not allowed according to God etc. Of course I know this is crap. I have nothing against tattoos. In fact I sometimes admire it because some people really have the most beautiful artworks on their arms or back or whatever. My close friend has the logo of the Anaheim Ducks on his arm. It looks cool.
I never considered getting a tattoo. I don't want a tattoo but I really don't mind it when people get one or more. I think they must decide for themselves and if they want one why not?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Depends on the person.
I really don't mind tattoos, but If I was asked to have a tattoo, I'd ask first what kind of Tattoo would be used on me.
If I was forced, I say no. You do what you want with your body. Decorate with colorings or drawings or leave it bare.

F

Faxanadu

@amaterasu: I know, I actually have the original 1st version grey cartridge (blood, muslim chanting, moon & star gerudo symbol, etc...) and the GCN collector's edition. That symbol was removed because it offended the muslim community, but it is also a pagan symbol and seeing as how I happen to be a pagan, it doubles as a religious symbol for myself. But thanks for looking out, I appreciate it. :)... And for those of you worried about pain, it's really not that bad. It depends on the spot and the outline hurts worse than the rest. Once you're past that, the shading, filling and coloring are a breeze!

Last edited by a moderator:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I think tattoos are great. Just avoid getting one in areas that can't be covered up because they will definitely affect your ability to get a job.

This is important to keep in mind when deciding not only what, but where on your body to get inked at. I have 6 myself, yet none of them are visible when I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt. So obviously I have nothing against tats or people who get them.

I have nothing against people who have tattoos; it's their choice, more power to them. I personally will never get any. It's far too permanent. Years from now, I don't know what my likes and interests are going to be. It's just not my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom