• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tasty Timeline Treats

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
How is it unlikely? How is having the most overall proof for any placement in the entire series make it unlikely?

just because you have more evidence (not factual proof) does not make it correct. the manual for LA says it comes after ALTTP. the best piece of evidence you have is that the boats look the same...whoopty doo...

the back story for LA is that link leaves Hyrule...not labrynna or holodrum.

^1) Link in OoX came from Hyrule originally 2) Actually the Japanese manual says that you are returning to Hyrule after training in foreign countries.

There are no contradictions for OoX-LA in the LA manual.

Actually there are no real contradictions for any placement of LA in the LA manual. Except tMC-LA because tMC Link didn't defeat Ganon.

Actually all evidence that LttP-LA has (Agahnim, ummm hmm nothing other than Agahnim, really) OoX-LA has way more (14 exclusive enemies. LA takes place in a dream so most of the things reflect things from Link's life. So whichever placement has the most similarities in theory has the most evidence)

Until someone proves me wrong I am going to continue to say that OoX-LA has more evidence than LttP-LA. Because it does.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^1) Link in OoX came from Hyrule originally 2) Actually the Japanese manual says that you are returning to Hyrule after training in foreign countries.

There are no contradictions for OoX-LA in the LA manual.

Actually there are no real contradictions for any placement of LA in the LA manual. Except tMC-LA because tMC Link didn't defeat Ganon.

Actually all evidence that LttP-LA has (Agahnim, ummm hmm nothing other than Agahnim, really) OoX-LA has way more (14 exclusive enemies. LA takes place in a dream so most of the things reflect things from Link's life. So whichever placement has the most similarities in theory has the most evidence)

Until someone proves me wrong I am going to continue to say that OoX-LA has more evidence than LttP-LA. Because it does.

youre saying that the better placement is the one that has more similarities with the past reflections of his life. LA was made before OoX so the game was made with ALTTP in mind, not OoX in mind as the game was not created yet.

Which is why it is a retcon. It replaces that.

The fact that it has more evidence to be the prequel than what was originally the prequel is something that you have to take seriously.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Which is why it is a retcon. It replaces that.

The fact that it has more evidence to be the prequel than what was originally the prequel is something that you have to take seriously.

this is all your opinion as there is no direct quotes in game or from creators to say that its the prequel. so what if some of the enemies are exclusive to just those two games? maybe its because they reused ideas! OMG IF THEY USE THE SAME MONSTER IN THIS GAME AS IN THAT GAME THEY MUST GO TOGETHER!!!!!!!

who cares if its the same boat. all the swords in the old games look the same. all of the boomerangs in the old games look the same. a lot of the people look the same. why cant the boats look the same? OMG THE BOATS LOOK ALIKE IT HAS TO BE THE PREQUEL!!!!

in my mind, it makes no sense to make a prequel for a game that already has a prequel.

^According to Miyamoto, which you seem to love director quotes, LA had no real place in the timeline.

Give me all of your proof for LttP-LA. Just so I can know why you believe LttP-LA.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^According to Miyamoto, which you seem to love director quotes, LA had no real place in the timeline.

Give me all of your proof for LttP-LA. Just so I can know why you believe LttP-LA.

"Link, who had defeated the evil Ganon and regained peace in Hyrule, had not enjoyed the archived tranquility for long, and eventually becomes restless. Feeling in need of training or enlightenment, he embarks on a journey and sails across oceans in a small sail boat."

in OoX, Link fights Ganon in Labrynna/Holodrum, not in Hyrule. the BS for LA states that after defeating Ganon he brought peace back to Hyrule, which implies that Ganon was defeated in Hyrule, not in Labrynna/Holodrum.

also, it says after training in foreign countries, not after 2 massive adventures in foreign countries, he set sail back to Hyrule. he defeats Ganon at the end of ALTTP which would make sense to lead into him leaving Hyrule after saving it. now if you are correct and OoX is the prequel, that means that there is the same link in 4 different games...the most adventures any one link has gone on in the series is 2. i would think the creators would move on and give a new link a new adventure before they decided to make 2 more adventures for a link that already had 2 adventures.

based on your timeline theory of this, Link deafeated Ganon in ALTTP, then defeated Ganon in OoX (which means he defeated him twice) which means he defeated Ganon 3 times in one lifetime. then in LA he defeates a nightmare Ganon and Aghanim (who is ONLY in ALTTP). thats a lot for ONE link to do.

Zelda after defeating Ganon said:
Link... The three (Triforce) on your left hand symbolize power, wisdom
and courage-- these are the mark of the hero who is fated to appear
when peace crumbles in Hyrule. With the Essences of Nature and Time and
the courage you possess, you have fought back the powers of evil! The
guidance of the Triforce has made you into this legendary hero! Thank
you, Link.
When peace in Hyrule crumbles. If he completed his task then peace would surely return to Hyrule. I have other quotes for this, if you'd like.

Wait I hadn't completely read the rest of your post. I DON'T believe in LttP/OoX/LA. I believe in OoX/LA.

Who's to say that OoX Link didn't go other places.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
A bit of help- Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland comes before any other game with Tingle in it.

I should also add that Tingle cannot be a determining factor in the timeline, as there are several clashes with games which places have already been decided. The reason for this is that the developers never expected a backstory to be created for Tingle. If you compare TRR, MM, and WW you'll see immediate clashes. Not to mention that Tingle would have to live for 1000's of years...

^TRR doesn't have to be the first tingle game.

There is more than one tingle. Anyone who works for Uncle Rupee becomes a tingle. So there could be many many many tingles at any time.

A bit of help- Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland comes before any other game with Tingle in it.

I should also add that Tingle cannot be a determining factor in the timeline, as there are several clashes with games which places have already been decided. The reason for this is that the developers never expected a backstory to be created for Tingle. If you compare TRR, MM, and WW you'll see immediate clashes. Not to mention that Tingle would have to live for 1000's of years...

Uncle Rupee made at least 3 tingles through the game. There are more than one tingle.

Also notice that the world in TRR is incredibly similar to how it is in TWW: a large ocean with islands. But the islands are a little bit larger in TRR, implying that the GDT's plan worked.

TRR also has to precede OoS, considering the subrosians. So it is a good timeline indicator...

B

blackmoon

on that Tingle would have to live for 1000's of years...
Uncle Rupee made at least 3 tingles through the game. There are more than one tingle.

Also notice that the world in TRR is incredibly similar to how it is in TWW: a large ocean with islands. But the islands are a little bit larger in TRR, implying that the GDT's plan worked.

TRR also has to precede OoS, considering the subrosians. So it is a good timeline indicator...
That helps me alot, considering I haven't played it. Finally, some reasoning for placement of TRR! Still, I won't place it until I play it.

As for where we were before, with you lot arguing about the placement of FS, before the FSA game tells you that you know what will happen if you draw the Four Sword, Zelda tells you she feels the seal on the FS is failing...

As for OoX being prequel to LA, the idea does make sense, however I think many of the enemies were just recycled enemies - the GBC sprites already existed, ready to be ripped. There's no reason for it not to be. On the other hand, OoX can come quite neatly after ALttP, what with the Triforce being in the castle and all...

However, I think the Aghanim connection still puts more emphasis on LA being a sequel to ALttP. But I won't say for certain.

B

blackmoon

on that Tingle would have to live for 1000's of years...

That helps me alot, considering I haven't played it. Finally, some reasoning for placement of TRR! Still, I won't place it until I play it.

As for where we were before, with you lot arguing about the placement of FS, before the FSA game tells you that you know what will happen if you draw the Four Sword, Zelda tells you she feels the seal on the FS is failing...

As for OoX being prequel to LA, the idea does make sense, however I think many of the enemies were just recycled enemies - the GBC sprites already existed, ready to be ripped. There's no reason for it not to be. On the other hand, OoX can come quite neatly after ALttP, what with the Triforce being in the castle and all...

However, I think the Aghanim connection still puts more emphasis on LA being a sequel to ALttP. But I won't say for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom