• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tasty Timeline Treats

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I wont lie, i remember those coloured ketchups, and i remember not wanting to eat it because it was funny colours and i figured it would taste gross :P but anyways..
I dont think MC is after WW because of the artwork, that wouldent make sense, i just personally believe that Link leaving on a sailboat that looks just like the one from LA seems like more than a coincidence, im not trying to start anything here.

OoX was made by Capcom, not by the same company that made all of the other Zelda games. Capcom is not nearly as involved in the Zelda series as is the companies who makes the other games. chances are that Capcom reused ideas. we see the same monsters, the same townsfolk and the same bosses being reused but that doesnt affect the timeline so much so why does the fact that one sail boat looks like another affect YOUR timeline?

the creators have told us, in print, that LA comes directly after ALTTP. i understand that you think they contradict themselves but if OoX came before LA like you said, then they would have told us, IMO. my advice is that rather than spending a lot of time trying to figure out something that the creators say is wrong, you should just go with what they say is right and drop it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't agree with the fact that FSA and ALttP come in the adult timeline!
It is mostly known that the place where you get the Master Sword in ALttP looks a lot like the place where you get the Master Sword in TP, only without ruins...
Also, don't forget that the names of locations were forgotten, so how would they know that the Death Mountain was the name of it, and etc^?

I don't agree that ALttP comes in the Adult Timeline either, however my theory (first timeline) suggested that FSA could possibly come in the Adult Timeline. I know these two games seem connected, obviously, so that is the part that confuses me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
My opinion is that people see a game with Toon Link artwork and imediatly assume it is after PH... It is wrong, it is just a style guide

My opinion is that people see a game with Toon Link artwork and imediatly assume it is after PH... It is wrong, it is just a style guide

True, it can make people think this way. But that is not exactly what I consider when saying that I believe FSA to be after WW. Personally, whenever I think of FSA now in terms of "artwork", I think of the setting and scenery, and how it looks exactly like ALttP. My idea is that FSA leaves out a lot of the things we have in ALttP, as well as games that are "supposed" to come before it, like OoT and TP.

B

blackmoon

Back on topic, it seems that you have some good points, but I'm having trouble seeing how your continuation works in your timeline. As in, how the games are connecting exactly. So its not showing a clear timeline to me as it is to you. Could you possibly explain how they are connecting or post maybe a picture with the timeline laid out?

-------------------------------TWW-PH
Well, I assume that the MC-FS-OoT
-------------------------------MM-TP

part is clear enough. Alot of the rest of it was kind of guesswork based on the facts that I'd already laid out.

I was actually thinking about the location of the Master Sword, though, and realised I'd probably made an error. It would be more accurate to place FSA, and therefore ALttP, in the child timeline.

An updated timeline should probably go

----------------TWW-PH - LoZ-AoL
TMC - FS - OoT
----------------MM - TP - FSA - ALttP-LA - OoX

This does somewhat contradict the line at the end of ALttP (The Master Sword Sleeps again... forever...) but OoX MUST come after ALttP or LoZ (see my first post), and also MUST occur in the child timeline. However, this could be a different Master Sword (maybe...) as it wasn't found in Hyrule.

As for LoZ in the adult timeline, that's just personal choice.

Is there anything else that needs to be cleared up?

Pinecove

Last Chance
ALright Skull kid and Zemen.

1. That FS quote was "we are thinking..."
2. Later on Aonuma mentioned that he didn't even work on FS.
3. FSA is a direct sequal to FS meaning FS has to take place before ALttP.
4. If you take that Developer quote as Canon, then OoT has to be the SW which kindof destroys your theory.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Uh.......that's the weirdest reasoning I've ever heard.

FS and FSA Hyrule are exactly the same.
FS and FSA Link are both automaticly named Link.
FSA Link knows what's going to happen when he pulls the FS.

I could go on and on too...

B

blackmoon

...I don't see why we're arguing the placement of FS-FSA...

The opening to FSA states that there had been two prior heroes defeat Vaati prior to the game starting. At this point in time, this implies the order is TMC-FS-FSA. And I don't think the developers are planning to change this any time soon.

I don't see how FSA can be a direct sequel to FS. Link would have known not to draw the Four Sword if he had just sealed Vaati away in it...

As for FS coming before OoT, there's really no evidence for it outside of that old developers interview. On that note, there's no evidence against it. Therefore, the evidence for FS coming before OoT outweighs evidence for it coming after, therefore it is most likely that FS comes before OoT.

On that note, even IF FS should come after, I believe at the very least that TMC should come before OoT, if only to space the games out properly - although, without FS coming first, there's no evidence at all for it to come first.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
...I don't see why we're arguing the placement of FS-FSA...

The opening to FSA states that there had been two prior heroes defeat Vaati prior to the game starting. At this point in time, this implies the order is TMC-FS-FSA. And I don't think the developers are planning to change this any time soon.

I don't see how FSA can be a direct sequel to FS. Link would have known not to draw the Four Sword if he had just sealed Vaati away in it...

As for FS coming before OoT, there's really no evidence for it outside of that old developers interview. On that note, there's no evidence against it. Therefore, the evidence for FS coming before OoT outweighs evidence for it coming after, therefore it is most likely that FS comes before OoT.

On that note, even IF FS should come after, I believe at the very least that TMC should come before OoT, if only to space the games out properly - although, without FS coming first, there's no evidence at all for it to come first.

are you saying that if FS does not come first on the timeline then there is no evidence that MS comes first? if thats what youre saying then you obviously havent researched it much. there is a thread that i created that talks about the placement of FS. im not gonna post a link. it shouldnt be hard to find.

Pinecove

Last Chance

Zelda even says that Link knows what's going to happen when he pulls the FS. Your logic fails.

As for earlier in the thread with OoX and LA, LA CAN come after OoX but it's unlikely. OoX also seems to be more of a prequal to FSA because of the Trident and the Yoshiro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom