• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tasty Timeline Treats

B

blackmoon

TWW-PH -
/
TMC - FS - OoT
\
MM - TP -

Seems to be the most obvious timeline opening. Most of this is based on glaring logic (ie. TMC must come before FS) and quotes from Miyamoto. This also seems quite sensible.

So... err... where to go from here?

Well, I thought I'd show you my reasoning, as it's a little less... concrete than what seems to be universally accepted. We still need to place LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoX, FSA and Rosy Tingle Land whatever it's called. Since I haven't played Tingle, I'll personally leave it out for now.

Now, if memory serves, Ganon's trident only appears in FSA (also, it's first appearance), ALttP and LA. This means FSA comes before ALttP, and must also occur in the same timeline.

FSA - ALttP-LA

The only other hard evidence for anything I can find is that OoX must occur in the Child timeline, as Twinrova/Kotake and Koume are/is alive.

OoX can come after LoZ or ALttP, as they are the only games in which Ganon actually dies, AND the Triforce is complete at the end of both (I doubt that Ganon would be revived if he had last died as Ganondorf!) Therefore, either LoZ AND/OR ALttP must occur in the child timeline.

So, this is getting more into guesswork now, but if we follow the Triforce...

We know that Ganon has apparently "stolen" the Triforce of Power from in-game text (or was it the manual? I forget) at the start of LoZ, meaning that he did not have it at the end of whatever game comes before it. I assume that when he retrieves the Triforce of Power, Zelda must recieve the ToW as well. (I have absolutely no idea what could possibly cause the ToC to find it's way to Dark Link in AoL). Two games come to mind; ALttP, or TWW.

I'm going to admit it; I'm clutching at straws now. But if I assume the line "And the Master Sword sleeps again... Forever", at the and of ALttP is true...

TWW-PH - FSA - ALttP-LA
/
TMC - FS - OoT
\
MM - TP - LoZ-AoL - OoX

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS?

Master94

...I come back someday.
1. What ''oox'' means?
2. where are the oracle games
3. That shigeru m... said that Oot is first game
Please anver these.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
1. What ''oox'' means?
2. where are the oracle games
3. That shigeru m... said that Oot is first game
Please anver these.

1-Oox are the Oracles

2-read above

3- after that Myiamoto said that FS came before OoT, and considering MC a prequel to FS, it's all explained

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
this is the only timeline that i have found to totally agree with so far. good job and good explanations IMO

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
rather than just making a statement maybe you should explain why you think that so it can further be discussed...

*sigh*
At the end of the special ending of the oracles he gets into the boat that Link is in at the beginning of links awakening. Happy?

B

blackmoon

LA was intended as a sequel for ALttP. I think that makes it more likely for it to come after ALttP than OoX, regardless of whether they leave in the same boat.

Besides, I got the impression from the LA manual that Link was craving for adventure after he defeated Ganon. One does not crave for adventure the day the save the world. In OoX, however, Link hops in his boat almost immediately after he defeats Ganon, at least, that is the impression I got.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i recall the official story being that Link set sail FROM HYRULE after ALTTP which leads into LA.

at the end of the OoX games Link is obviously NOT leaving Hyrule therefor LA cant take place after those games if LA has him leaving Hyrule.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
If by 'official story' you mean the manual, you can never really count what they say because alot of what they say contradicts stuff once newer games come out, plus i really dont think Nintendo cared about the timeline before ocarina of time came out

If by 'official story' you mean the manual, you can never really count what they say because alot of what they say contradicts stuff once newer games come out, plus i really dont think Nintendo cared about the timeline before ocarina of time came out

LA is a sequel of ALttP, end of story. You can't set and say what is written BY THE PRODUCERS is not factual, even if its old. I do not agree with everything about the timeline, because I have my own, but once again, Link's Awakening is, and will never be, a sequel to the Oracle series.

The manuals are one of the main things we have that we can actually rely on as far as plot/timelines go. Read the information we have before continually posting random things like this based on a picture.

Back on topic, it seems that you have some good points, but I'm having trouble seeing how your continuation works in your timeline. As in, how the games are connecting exactly. So its not showing a clear timeline to me as it is to you. Could you possibly explain how they are connecting or post maybe a picture with the timeline laid out?

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
The manuals are one of the main things we have that we can actually rely on as far as plot/timelines go. Read the information we have before continually posting random things like this based on a picture

I have read the stuff, and im not just basing it on a picture,
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1496
Thats the timeline i follow imo, and it personally convinced me that LA comes after Oox, no need to freak out on me, sheesh

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

this reminds me of a commercial from long ago. remember those ketchups that were different colors? i remember them... based on your idea, you think that the picture outweighs the word of the creators. based on this thought process, if the creators of the green ketchup told you it was ketchup you would say no, its definitely spinach dip.

another example is MC and WW. many people say that the Hyrule in MC is the new Hyrule that Tetra and Link go off to find. one of the main reasons i hear for this idea is the artwork. the artwork for MC is toon link so they assume it has to be connected to WW just because of the artwork. chances are that the only reason the artwork is of toon link is beacuse both games were made relatively around the same time.

if the manual says that LA is a sequel to ALTTP, im gonna believe it more than i beleive a fan who thinks that a picture is more canon than a game manual.

*sigh*
At the end of the special ending of the oracles he gets into the boat that Link is in at the beginning of links awakening. Happy?

This is basing your theory from a picture. You have posted numerous threads and posts in different threads about this same subject when you apparently have not read the information or your mind would not still be set on the picture at the end of OoX. The only reason I tell you this is because you are posting short, numerous posts with no good evidence to back them up, and that can be considered spamming. Its good if you have a theory, but you need to have more information rather than, "Well there is a boat at the end." That dosen't help anyone at all. Its like I said in another thread, there is a boat at the end of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass; that doesn't mean they are sequels/prequels to the Oracles. Many Zelda's start and end with similar scenes going on, but that dosen't overpower facts that are written in the manuals of the games.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
this reminds me of a commercial from long ago. remember those ketchups that were different colors? i remember them... based on your idea, you think that the picture outweighs the word of the creators. based on this thought process, if the creators of the green ketchup told you it was ketchup you would say no, its definitely spinach dip.

another example is MC and WW. many people say that the Hyrule in MC is the new Hyrule that Tetra and Link go off to find. one of the main reasons i hear for this idea is the artwork. the artwork for MC is toon link so they assume it has to be connected to WW just because of the artwork. chances are that the only reason the artwork is of toon link is beacuse both games were made relatively around the same time.

if the manual says that LA is a sequel to ALTTP, im gonna believe it more than i beleive a fan who thinks that a picture is more canon than a game manual.

I wont lie, i remember those coloured ketchups, and i remember not wanting to eat it because it was funny colours and i figured it would taste gross :P but anyways..
I dont think MC is after WW because of the artwork, that wouldent make sense, i just personally believe that Link leaving on a sailboat that looks just like the one from LA seems like more than a coincidence, im not trying to start anything here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom