• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Target and Guard As the Same Button is STUPID.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Are you like me? Do you consider the sheild as mainly excess baggage? I do. That's why I DESPISED the fact that target and guard were the same button in TP. Every time I center the camera, I hold my damn sheild and I don't WANNA hold my damn sheild!!! That's why I lose it as soon as possible whenever and wherever possible. But the most annoying part is that the nature of the game prevents you from STAYING sheildless for long periods of time. And I like being sheildless!!

Now, if Link were to NOT hold his sheild and his sword at the same time... now THAT I would enjoy. Y'know, Link draws his sword but NOT his sheild. It stays safely on his back where it always is, and he holds it to guard like usual, but as soon as you release the guard button, his sheild goes right back to his back.

Or just give us the option to toggle the sheild on and off so I don't have to keep losing it and go buying a new one as a back-up constantly, for God's sake, Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me what you guys think. If you liked my idea, if you disagreed with me, whatever. Post it. I don't care.

And if you were offended for some strange reason by the use of the word "damn", go sit on your couch or something till that feeling goes away. "Damn" is not serious enough to offend ANYONE, therfore it has no right to be classified as a swear word. Just like "hell". If you disagree, OH WELL.

Well, I find it's no big deal. I like being able to run around holding my shield out actually. Sadly I can't move totally free while holding my shield out, something I hope SS fixes.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Rawr, fiesty, huh?

I agree with you. Sometimes in TP, I would lose the shield just so that I could use the sword alone. I like in WW how you could draw the sword and L-target without using the shield.

To me, sometimes it is more fun to sidestep attacks ( o.o ) rather than block, block, block every single one of them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Rawr, fiesty, huh?

I agree with you. Sometimes in TP, I would lose the shield just so that I could use the sword alone. I like in WW how you could draw the sword and L-target without using the shield.

To me, sometimes it is more fun to sidestep attacks ( o.o ) rather than block, block, block every single one of them.

Using the sword alone is the whole point of what I was saying. And you're right. Sidestepping is much more fun. But my biggest problem with the WW thing you mentioned is the fact the you can't LOSE your sheild. I like target and guard as seperate buttons, but it's even better if you can lose your sheild. there were several boss battles in WW where I'd loved to have fought sheildless. Phantom Hourglass was better in that regard. Not many people liked Phantom Hourglass, or so I've heard anyway, but the BEST part about that game was that it gave you the option to not even get your sheild in the first place. I would LOVE to see that in SS. I doubt that'll be the case though T-T

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well its true, the shield can be annoying....

As for to lose it, well... That can be kinda of exagerating. Think about the useful things of the shield, you can block any attavk (duh ;), you can make the shield bash which I consider insanely helpful. So as it might disturb you, you might as well use it at your advantage.....

I cried when you said "damn" :cry:

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
The thing with PH and ST, Azure, is that you can't even target! This is because it is a handheld, yes. But you are right. I wouldn't want something that would cause you to lose you shield (No one likes Like Likes!), rather, the option to toggle your shield on/off would be nice.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I agree. The option to to have an additional shield button besides the target button WOULD be nice, but it doesn't bug me so much that I can't play TP. It's actually the opposite, I enjoyed that function, however it somewhat made the game a bit easier than I would've liked.

Retsdob

Retsdob
I can understand your problem.....but how does having the sheild up during close combat handecap you in anyway? Plus It helped me loads with the sheild bumb...Actually the more I think about it, the more useful the sheild is...as long as you know how to use it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom