• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Talking comics

Anybody here read comics? The only one I still read is Batman! I'd like to read more but with money being tight I had to pick one so I went with Dark Knight. I have to add that Zack Snyder and Greg Capullo have been killing it with batman that past few years! What are you reading if any?

Dan

I started reading Fables. So far I'm really enjoying it and find it kind of cute.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Yeah Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, only because of the Dragon Ball tie in.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
An emphatic yes I do.

I read a ridiculous amount of comics that I, honestly, do not know where to start when talking about them lol. I'm big on the Justice League, Avengers, Defenders, Suicide Squad, Fantastic 4, X-Men, Spider-man, the original Dragonball, Tintin, Asterix and Obelix, Deadpool, Sin City, V for Vendetta, The Punisher, Scott Pilgram, Kick Ass, Sandman, Swampthing, and ****, a lot more I've probably forgotten. From the big groups, in particular I enjoy Wovlerine, Jessica Jones, Green Lantern, Batman, Superman, Iornman, Quicksilver, Iron Fist, Daredevil, erm, prob more lol.

My fave rivalry is Prof X vs. Magneto.

My fave villain is Magneto.

I adore the Deadpool Killogy. It's my favourite.

And by favourite, I mean I have a million favourites because I clearly don't know what favourite means lol.

Malia

Oh lord if we wanna talk MANGA then yeah, that's another emphatic **** YEAH from me lol. I listed Dragonball in my previous post, though lol. Don't really have a preference for manga vs. comics because I love 'em both showing I, once again, fail in picking faves lol.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Speaking of manga/anime, FUNimation just sent me Evangline 3.33 for free. They had also sent Battle of Gods and Resurrection F and Attack on Titan parts 1 and 2 free.

Malia

It's pretty great to be a comics fan -now- since we're going through this huge boom in superhero movies. I mean, others may get sick of it, but I sure as hell don't lol. I still remember like... 10ish years ago, where we had all those really horrid, embarrassing superhero movies (like the Daredevil movie, or Green Lantern lol, both whom I love as comic book chars, but went D: when I watched the movies). The Netflix Daredevil series was a m a z i n g and finally did the series justice, and with the Justice League starting up their own movies, I'm hoping to see a proper Green Lantern movie.

Oh oh, the Jessica Jones show represented the Alias series so well, I was just blown away by it.

And now remembering that Deadpool movie is out soon *_*.

I'm kinda jumping around from topic to topic here lol but my adoration for comics is insane.

OH, and I'm big on Doctor Strange and Mister Sinister *_*.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Marvel has always done great with their movies aside from the original Spiderman trilogy.

And there's only one Doctor v

Also....Kick Ass 3 needs to hurry up and happen, we don't want new actors.

Last edited:

Malia

Well, if we're gonna place 'em all under an umbrella, ignoring the likes of Fox/Columbia/New Line etc. etc, I'm obv not a fan of movies like Daredevil and Elektra lol, and I wasn't too hot on Ghost Rider or the original X-Men trilogy (I didn't actually start enjoying X-Men movies until First Class), the Wolverine movies had its moments for me, and holy **** the poor Fantastic 4 got butchered TWICE, like I'm not sure how they screwed up even more with the reboot, but goddamn they did lol. The Avenger MCU movies have been pretty solid for the most part, though some as stand-alones I'm a bit more eehhh with (Hulk movie, Thor movies, were alright for me) but, like, as EPISODIC movies which obv. are their intended purpose, they all line up pretty great, and it's been really impressive. I think what really blew me away was Guardians of the Galaxy--it was unexpected for me, that I would love it as much as I did, but it was one of my faves the year it was released. Really looking forward to Volume 2.

Television-wise, I was absolutely taken with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I've enjoyed Agents of Shield though it hasn't been without faults, and Agent Carter has been eh at worst, pretty good at best.

But going back to the topic of books containing images lol I think with graphic novels, V for Vendetta might be my fave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom