• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Easy, easy," Val said as she picked him up and helped him to a place to sit. She shook her head. "Raenis today... under Din's power got all... fierce and hungry. Dangerous. Nayru makes you go mad and stab paint brushes into the wall." She looked at the wall again. "Seriously, how in the world did you DO that? ... And me... It's been a while since Farore's taken me over, but the men who've seen the charging-in berzerker-mode have never forgotten it."

She took a seat. One thing about being touched by Farore wasn't just that there was courage when she needed it, or "stupid-bravery" as Val would put it after it happened, there was the "patron of all Life" alignment. Val could be very sweet and nurturing when the need arose. She was doing her best to make Aren feel comfortable. After all, how could he tell her his prophecies if he was not comfortable?

------

(I sort of have this idea in mind now that when Val is at the end of her rope and has people to protect, and Farore takes over... she goes from her normal "caring, slightly-reckless leader" way to being... basically Eren Jagger. - You know, COMPLETELY reckless and full of "Rwar!" and completely into utterly obliterating whatever enemies are in the way. This makes seeing Farore in her very frightening for anyone who witnesses it).

((Oh geez, headcanon accepted.))

Aren squeezed his eyes shut and just shook his head when she asked about the paintbrushes in the wall. He didn't know how he'd gotten them there, was pretty sure he didn't want to know, and definitely wasn't planning on taking them out anytime soon. "I haven't seen it for real, but I've drawn it," he commented. His voice was weak and slightly hoarse, but at least he could speak clearly now. "I mean, you channeling Farore... Oh, speaking of drawing. Somewhere around here--maybe I tore it up? I hope not. I managed to draw what I'm certain is an uncharted part of the Lanayru Province, with a certain location marked. I don't know what's there, but it's important. Maybe dangerous." He gave a weak shrug. "If we can find it, wonderful. If not, maybe I can redraw it, maybe not. Thank you, by the way. For helping me out."

Aren didn't question Raenis's dilemma with Din. He'd actually foreseen that, but chose not to mention it. There were a lot of dangers involved with knowing the future, mostly involving when people tried to change it. One didn't tamper with a prophecy, especially one regarding the Golden Three or their various servants.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val raised an eyebrow. "You've drawn it? I'd like to see that. All I know is that I see a green-haze and me-the real me, is pushed to the back of my mind. It's almost like I'm inside my body, but I am watching it do things, but I'm feeling all of the emotion, as well. I like to think that the enemies I've slain deserved it, but... sometimes..."

(I am wondering if I should skip head to the day of heading out. Also, since this is a meandering rp, I have no idea what would be out there in Lanayru... perhaps another Gate of Time? (There were only two in the game, which isn't fitting with Zelda's Rule of Three), or maybe it's the place where Hylia keeps her earthly palace? Hmmm... it could be anything...)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Yeah, I thought we were just gonna meet the Gerudos. And sorry for not really doing much lately, I just never found a place for Luke to hop back in... :sweat:))

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
(Many apologies for being inactive! My current computer blue screened and stopped working. So I am using this one as a replacement for now.)

Purist was taken aback at Raenis's reaction. "Ah... Uncharted? Are you expecting the locals to be a problem?"

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
The strange Hylian shifted awkwardly. "Absolutely... So when are you planned to headout?" Purist was beginning to feel increasingly uncomfortable standing in the street. "And perhaps we could find some other place to talk?"

Aren gave a weak laugh, although doing so made him a bit lightheaded. "It's impressive, I'll tell you now. Maybe if the goddesses are merciful, I could find it one day." He wished he could say that the last part was sarcastic. "Still, until then, I really need to rest some. If you have other duties to attend to, go right ahead, I'll be okay."

Anyone who knew Aren would know that that was definitely a lie. Aren didn't exactly know how to take care of himself, and eternally pushed himself too far. He was just too damn selfless, especially for someone who needed as much help with life in general as he did. It sometimes made him come off as plain stupid.

((I like that last idea, Shadsie, that and the Gerudos could easily be guarding the place. And we are gonna meet Hylia, according to Aren(and my driving need to write for the goddess again). I say we should do that.))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val spent the next several days preparing. She gathered orders for food provisions as well as hunting and gathering equipment (should her people want something besides beef jerky and hardtack on the way). Sterile water was important, though she noted on those parts of the Lanayru Plains were water was known. There were wagons pulled by oxen, blue joint-horned goats with kids in tow to provide fresh milk and "emergency rations," if need be. There were horses, of course. The horses at lead would be wearing light armor as well as the riders at the lead and rear-guard, leaving everyone in the middle free.

She created the "Library Wagon" to suit Aren's needs - with maps, any books he decided could aid the journey, paper, quills, ink - and a comfortable bed roll for him so he could stay in there alone, if he wished not to camp out under the stars with the rest of them.

Weapons of warfare were selected, too, although Val hoped they would not require use. She had a bad feeling that they would.

((I... was... not... ready to montage. Did I imply that i was? Sorry, I meant to have a bit more interaction, the miscommunication was my fault. But... okay, I guess. I can work with this.

Gah, I have no way at all to get a smooth segue to this. Give me some time to figure this out.))

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Raenis is itching to go, packing spare clothes and having his trusty broadsword and new axe across his back. Normally it would be too much for an ordinary man, but Raenis wasn't ordinary. He also has lots of water, and a bag to collect herbs in for Bella.

Bella, on the other hand, is almost packing her entire shop, with a mini cauldron in case she needs to brew an emergency potion. She is also bring bottles and a pack for herbs, as well as lighter clothing, not her usual black.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
The next few days just flew by for Luke, with training and packing and so much excitement he could barely stand it! But finally, they were ready to go. Luke had packed simply, just some extra clothes and his training sword and shield. He knew they weren't gonna go away forever, so he didn't bring everything, just what he needed. And what more could he need with all his buds all around him?

Aza, well Aza never needed to pack anything. she was always ready to go on long and dangerous journey. She didn't have a house, so she carried everything she had on her. She just stat watching. She didn't like all they were bringing, too much stuff. If the rumors about the desert people were right, they were thieves, and a caravan would be a perfect target, too easy. She was on edge, but said nothing. Mind you, late at night when everyone else was asleep she practiced with a scimitar, just in in case. The practice dummy's were always pretty bad when the group wakes up on those days. Aza stays watching Aren mostly, making sure he was okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom