• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She nods. "Yeah... But Rae-Rae lacks some common sense. He's selfless, surprisingly, and humble, but he just... I don't know... He owes me a lot. And he keeps coming to me. He'll end up being my practical slave to pay off his debts. He knows this as well. I've reminded him... I wonder what he's waiting for...?" She frowns. "And why do you need to cover your hair?"

"I don't like the comments about my hair." Aza sighs. "But how much does he have to pay?" The shadow laughs. "Pretty bad I guess."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"What's wrong with your hair? And he has a lot of favors to pay back... but I think I'll be nice and have him pay those off on this quest." She muses.

Home, to Aren, was a small house at the outskirts of the city. It was dull and nondescript, nothing one would expect Nayru's chosen to live in. But, hey, it was still home.

Stumbling in and blindly kicking off his shoes, Aren glanced around the dark room he'd entered. By day, one could see the countless vivid paintings and sketches he'd crafted. It was rather stunning, Aren had to admit. But by night, the place was about as easy to cross as a minefield. Not to mention that he was more tired than he wanted to believe. It took Aren a curse-laden ten minutes that felt like a century to make it to his bed, where he promptly collapsed and passed out without a second thought.

((Aaah, my posts are still waaay too formal... Gah, how do I amend that?))

Aza drops her hood. "It is too short.... And be nice to the Chosen. He is too nice to be cruel to. If need be. I will do them, helping you is nice." She smiles wonder. "Oh wait. I got something for you. Guess what it is!"

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Is it a flytrap? You know I've wanted to experiment with one if those!" She smiles. "And I'll be nice to Rae, but he needs to do his own jobs. You know my rules."

"You know it!" The girl laughs and pulls a small plant out of a bag at her side. "Here. It is alive don't you worry. It should be good for you to test on. I saw it when watching Aren and I took it. I was so happy." The Shekiah looks at the lady in front of her beaming. "You like it?"

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She takes the plant and hugs her tightly. "Thank you!" She gets a pot and places it gently in the soil, then gently takes an instrument and get a bit of the juice and drips it into her cauldron. "Hm..."

Aza yawns. "I am going to bed and you should too. We will go to the market tomorrow then. I can trust the Chosen for a day." She hugs Bella and slides off to bed moving like oil.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She nods, then gets a dress too small for her, but it'll fit Aza, and washes it then hangs it up in her room, letting it dry. It's a deep black. She has a nice black hat as well. She then messes with flytrap juice. She goes to bed a few hours until dawn.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke's night was definitely uninteresting. He stumbled into the dorms, got to his bed, fell in it without even changing his clothes (though he did kick his boots off), and fell asleep. His dreams were mostly of food, but also of adventure, wandering the hills and plains with only good times to look forward to.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The next day, there was a great hooping and hollering in the streets of the city. The sounds of pounding hooves and excited soldiers thrumbed through Aren's house and past where Raenis was sleeping. Little old ladies and screamed and ran, merchants covered their fruit carts... and unfortunate man with a cabbage-cart got in the way - he was unhurt, but one could not say the same for the cabbages.

A small portion of the Royal Guard was riding brazen through the city streets. Riding lead was Val, in her green tunic and light mail, upon a white charger. She was standing up on the saddle, using it like a platform rather than a saddle. She "whooped" and her troops followed lead - though most of them sat in their saddles properly.

The stampede rode up and around and through the streets of the city. Maybe there were better ways to test the strength and stamina of horses slated for an expedition, but this was a lot more fun. Val laughed as surprised people ran to the edges of the street to let her pass.

Aren was abruptly awoken by this about halfway through it. He blinked blearily, then flinched and fell out of his bed. "Son of a--!" he screeched, biting his tongue. Which also hurt like hell. The overall chain of stupid clumsiness lasted about another minute before he managed top pull himself to his feet and stumble to a window He stared outside confoundedly, scowling slightly at the stampede of horses and guards that was now trampling away from his house, until what he was witnessing finally clicked in his mind. He blinked.

"... Goddammit, Val."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Ha-ha, MY CABBAGES!))

Luke was woken up by this hustle-bustle parade, and barely paused to slip on his boots before running outside to see the spectacle. One look, and he was chasing after the horses, laughing right along with their riders. This was fun! He had no idea why the big a'portant guards were runnin' around on the big nice horses, but it sure was fun to watch!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val wheeled her entourage back toward Aren's street. Then she called out "Company! Halt!" Everyone got their animals under control. This was a test for them, to see how well they could control excited steeds.

"Time to cool down, everyone," she commanded after jumping down from the saddle. The guards gently walked their sweaty horses through the streets, getting them cooled down slowly so as not to shock their systems. So far, all the horses were strong and good - she saw no laming in any of them. This manuver, while something fun, was also arranged to test the readiness to flee from an insurmountable enemy or to charge headlong into battle against a tribal force.

Val had heard a rumor that the Gerudo were expert horse-people. If the expedition got into an altercation, nimble horses and guards that could wheel them easily through narrow passses and breaks in enemy lines were a must.

She looked down a side-street to see a pair of her troops kindly pick up spilt cabbages. She felt bad for that, but she also couldn't help but laugh, though she tried to hide it. It came out as a weird, constipated smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom