• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three

Aren tensed at her relenting, looking down at the ground. This was typical of him--rather than point out anyone's bad ideas, he'd try to not get mad and not look at them. Anyone who knew him could easily read him like a book. He definitely did not approve of this.

For a moment, Aren was tempted to use his gift, just to see if it would be worth it, but he didn't want to know. Especially if it wasn't. He didn't want to have to see anyone he cared about die, ever, especially not in advance. To be unable to tell someone that they were going to die was hell, Aren knew this already, from strangers on the streets. But to see someone in that room die through his inner eye would be a thousand times worse.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I thought I had a "Personality" thing in there... Anyway, I don't plan on killing Val in this, but that doesn't mean that she isn't going to get hurt and that she can't come close to death in one of Aren's visions. If he doesn't get the entire outcome in the vision, he is perfectly free to worry about her).

Val takes her armor to the armory for storage. The strength-training model wouldn't do on a wilderness expedition, as intimidating as it might appear to be. It was just for building muscle - ideally, enough for one to be able to wear something like it without the magitech doodads inside it. Val knew she'd never be big enough to don a Darknut's Armor, though. Even if she got toned up well, she was a slight woman and just not tall enough. She wasn't about to engage in any Shiekah changing-spells or testosterone potions.

Val's real strengths were in being light and fast and also in tracking and sensing danger before danger sensed her - or her troops. She knew that the Bokoblin tribes in Lanayru were dangerous - and that some liked to steal underwear - If none of her men and women had to deal with a single one of them because she'd got them all between the eyes with well-shot arrows, that was great with her.

After putting the armor away and making a quick assessment of various weapons on the walls, she stretched, yawned and headed back to her apartment in the Knights' Quarter of the palace grounds. The cobblestone path was long and the others from the library were probably headed back to their own homes now. It was sunset - time for dinner and baths. She could hear some of the soldiers under her training singing on the way to one of the bars. She didn't want to join them tonight. She needed a clear head for sketching out plans.

... and figuring out how to keep that kid safe... She grit her teeth. Puppy eyes and Raenis. It was hard for her to say no to either. Aren was the one who "got" her most of the time, but Raenis was a fellow Chosen. It was hard for her to argue with either of them.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((Hey, guys? Slow down a bit, please? Mis and I won't be on regularly til Monday, most likely. This is my last time with wifi. Just... slow down.))

Raenis smiles. "Good, and I'll keep you safe, Luke." He ruffles Luke's hair, then he leaves the library and heads to his quarters.

((Mm, and he'd probably halt the vision and burn the page at the first signs of someone dying, especially Val. He'll be worrying.

DL, I'll be doing my best. ^^))

Aren stays where he is until everyone is fine, then sufhs, looking up slightly. "Hylia, keep this child safe..."

He'd never met the goddess himself, but had always known that he would one day. They all would. The three of them were the Chosen, after all. Not only was it inevitable, but Nayru's gift told him that they would, and the circumstances eoyldnt he good. That same gift told him that she was listening, and that in the end, it was still on Val, Raenis, and he to ensure his safety.

This journey would be harder than he'd thought.

Aren stayed up late in the library, as he always did. Aren would gladly trade the company of paper for a good night's sleep, not that Val liked his doing so very much. She'd provably expect him to be more rested than usual on the day of the expedition. Of course, she'd probably be dissapointed. Go to bed late, drag yourself up unhealthily early. Such was Aren's way of life.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke just did a super-happy version of the ^^ face when Raenis ruffled his hair, then practically skipped out of the library to head home. Today was a good day, he'd liked today. He was goin' on a avencher~!

((I feel so merpy with Luke in this, and I have no idea why.))

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
He passes the armory, then enters. He looks around. He likes his sword, but he feels he might need a different weapon. He finds a battle axe and tests it, nodding at the weight and balance. "How much?"
"Oh, for you it's free, Raenis." The armorer says sheepishly.
"I can't do that. How much?"
"F... Five hundred Rupees. "
He nods and gives the armorer the payment. "Thank you." He smiles and leaves, spinning his new toy.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val gets home and kicks off her boots. She stretches out on her bed and signs. It was going to be a long week in doing preparations. She looked at her bandaged arm. Luke was such an eager creature, and he was getting better, but she worried for him. Lanayru was a wild country - plains and canyons, essentially a high-desert that was begining to dry out even further on an inexorable march to a more brutal low-desert. Rumor had it that one of the goddesses' dragons lived there, a fierce lover of battle and bravery.

She'd also heard that the local Bokoblins were stealing technology from the robots and the few people that lived there, arming themselves with electricity-based weapons. She'd have to stock some cream for electrical burns.

Despite his urge to read up on what was known about Lanayru, Aren couldn't help but stray to the more fictitious sides of the library. He had a soft spot for fables and tales, and even in the face of the danger that lay ahead, he couldn't suppress it. The moon was high when Aren finally slid the familiar spine of his favorite collection of stories back into its place on the shelf and meandered to the window.

"Wait... ****, how late it is?" A scowl creased Aren's brow as he scanned the velvety skies. "Ugh, what did I expect, really," he muttered, contempt tinging his tone. Of course, he really should have been used to it at this point, but he wasn't. It was his own fault.

After checking the halls to make sure that no one else was in there, Aren pulled the great doors of the library shut, locking them. He was one of the few entrusted with a key to the place, mostly thanks to the reputation his status as a Chosen gave him. He did like to think he was deserving of one, though, given his diligence to the place. He dropped the key in his pocket and started off to the north. A few seconds later, he stopped, swore again, and turned south.

He really would be a helpless idiot without that gift. It's more than a little hilarious, as hard as he tries to hide his obvious inadequacy.

Aza had stayed with Aren, watching him. She found it funny that he was so stupid sometimes, controlling her laughter is hard. She slid out of the libary before he locked it and slid off to go sleep someplace else. She would stay awake if she could, but everyone needed time to sleep. The lateness didn't bother her, nor would her early wakeup. Sometimes she wishes to go down there and dress normally and sleep more and talk to people... She sighs and changes her direction and goes to Bella's place. She knocked softly on the door.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She opens her door, eyes bright and awake. "Hey, Aza. How can I help you?" She opens the door to let her in.

"Just wanted to talk." The shadow said in a muffled voice with a sigh, sliding into house. "I was feeling lonely again...." The light of the house first showed the figure that hid in shadow's. She was slight and short looking almost like a teenage boy. There were small hints showing he was a she. The shadow pulled the mask covering her face showing bright pink lips.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Then come to the market with me. Dress normal, we can have some time together. Socialize." She smiles. "Spend the night here." She leads her to her guest room.

"You know I am not allowed to do that...." Aza sighs. "Bella. I have no normal clothes anyway." She looks at the lady she called friend. "Thank you for the room though. I like sleeping here. It is nicer than where i normally sleep." The girl shakes her head.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"You can borrow one of my dresses." She offers. "Unless you think it'll burn your flesh, being girly and all." She laughs. "And why can't you?"

"I have to watch the Chosen, cause you know the ones blessed with Power and Courage need a lot of help." She laughs. "The one with Wisdom worries me, he is a fool somedays, mind you all he ever does is read though." She shakes her head. "Fine. I will go with you and wear a dress, just something to cover my hair though...." She looks to Bella and smiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom