• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I'm coming too." Bella says. "I'm curious about this place."
"But-" Raenis starts to protest.
"But nothing. You need me." She cuts across him coldly.
"Yes ma'am..." He says meekly to the floor.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Kin I go too?" Luke piped up, looking for all the world like an excited little kid asking to go to Disney World. His big blue puppy dog eyes would be hard for the soft-hearted to resist. Even the hard-hearted of the group would most likely find their hard hearts melting just a bit at the sight.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val looked at him sadly. "I don't want you to come, Luke. You're still so young and have a lot to learn... I'm afraid you'll get hurt out there."

The kid was such an innocent sort. She did not want to bring him home draped in a flag if worse came to worst. If he were to be a squire upon this mission, he'd have to do something to convince her. Val did not like to take untested men into unknown territories. She'd have a hard enough time watching over Aren, whom she needed for his spicy brains.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
(So I go out with some friends for Wing Night and I come back and I missed a whole bunch! xD Alright. Gonna try to figure out how to get included in this desert thing.)

Purist was having trouble taking in all the sights before him. He had run brief errands to the market before, but never had he actually wandered through the busy center of commerce. All about him was shouting and strange and busy people bustling about. Small robotic machines were busy lifting boxes and moving carts. Purist looked horribly out of place, red robes, some steel plates and shoulder guards, his warhammer and a small brown sack slung over his shoulder. The small coin purse tied on a coil of rope around his waist plinked awkwardly as he walked about. It was all the money he had to his name. Purist was at a complete loss at what he should do with himself, and his pilgrimage had barely begun.

Aren didn't say a word to this, glancing once at Luke's expression and looking away, almost sadly. He knew how things worked--it was far too dangerous for such an innocent little klutz, as hard as it was to not step in and say 'Why not?'. Lanayru was untamed, and from the sounds of it, this mission wouldn't be easy. Of course, Aren was as excited as a toddler on a field trip by the mere prospect, and it made sense that Luke was, too. Still... It was for the best that Val make him stay behind. Aren didn't argue.

Not that he'd be able to anyway. Aren was accustomed to Val's stubborn nature, not that he wasn't nearly the same most of the time. She wouldn't let him change her mind even if he tried.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((GAH, I FEEL STUMPED HERE. I'MMA JUST LET LUKE DO HIS THANG. But ideas on how he can prove himself would be very much appreciated.))

"But, but," Luke's puppy dog pout was in full swing as he started to speak. "I been workin' real real hard, 'n I'm gettin' betters, 'n I promise I won' get hurted! Please kin I go, please?" By this time, he had his hands clasped in front of him, and was about ready to go on his knees if he had to.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(You mentioned something about him being a werewolf, right? I haven't played with your character before like some here may have... I'll allow him to surprise Val by showing her his werewolf side. Having the powers and instincts of a beast would convince her that he could hold his own. So far in the rp, he seemed like such an innocent thing and Val's pretty protective. She kind of takes the leader/team mom position whenever I play her, so she's just being responsible).

Val shook her head. Puppy-eyes... it was so hard to say no to puppy-eyes, but she was a soldier. Hardened. Gritty. She pictured herself running her hand over a still face to close those puppy-eyes forever. Better the kid miss out on an expedition than get killed on one.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Come on, Val. Let the kid come." Raenis urges. "It'll be good for him, and I'll keep him safe." The Warrior of Power smiles. "You have my word." He puts a hand on Luke's shoulder.

"Raenis, please," Aren murmured, looking slightly towards his hulking friend. "We can only take so many people with us, we can't afford to be protecting anyone. I'd rather not risk him getting hurt."

Many times Aren had to talk Raenis down from potentially dangerous descusions. Of course, the opposite was true, too, but that didn't change the current situation. Luke couldn't come, for his own safety--Aren could already see this, having only just met the kid, and he trusted Val's judgement above all else save the goddesses.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I said I'll keep him safe, Aren. You know I'll keep my word." He looks at his friend. "Besides, he can learn from this."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Hmm, I could do that. I'll have to see how that works, what I'd have to adjust, but it could very well work. Thanks, Shads! But just saying so it'll stop nagging me, Luke was in The Shift.))

Luke looked up at Raenis with such a happy grin when the latter said he should go on the adventure. He was hopping up and down so excited as the conversation continued, looking back and forth between Aren and Val with renewed hope in his eyes.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((*is in physical pain because you just debunked an essential aspect of Luke's personality* OK, gah, uhm, well, he actually, gaaaaaaaaaaah basically he kinda has like, a seperate personality when he handles weapons, one that's like, uber-competent and doesn't make stupid mistakes. This is just, gaaaaaaaaaaah I shouldn't be this upset about it and I really should easily be able to ignore the statement but I can't. Because, gaaaah...
OH. I'LL GO WITH ATHENA KID!LUKE'S THINGY THING: Art of War. He's fighting badly on purpose so people don't like, get suspicious, complain, or stuff like that. The cut on Val was an accident, but most of his bumbling is staged when he has a weapon. Can I please do that? Without a weapon, his bumbling is legit, but with it, he's just trying to make it look like he doesn't have the split personality/bipolar thing he has.))

"I promise, I be careful!" Lukeinsisted, going from excited to about halfway between excited and devestated. "Please? I promise I won' get hurted, I promise!"

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I re-iterate, I do not know your character. I have not roleplayed with you before with this character. Anything you did not put in his character profile or make known are not things you should expect players who haven't had a history with the character to know. If I am debunking anything it is not on purpose, it is because of a failure on your part to make that aspect of the character clear to me. I thought we were going with him being a little clumbsy.

To give an example: I don't have any plans for Val to *die* in this roleplay. In other roleplays I've done with her, including the one she originated in ... she dies a lot. Mono and I have a bit of a history together between playing Val and Aren, so references to Val's tragic deaths in other roleplays might happen, but I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to know why Val "said that spooky thing" or made a weird reference to that when I haven't put that little nit-bit into her profile.

When engaging players you haven't engaged before with recurrent characters, you have to be clear on those aspects and tidbits about them that you find important, otherwise, you can't blame people for not knowing).

---------------------

Val sighed, relenting. "Okay. You may come with us, just stick close to me and Raenis."

She rolled up a few maps and put them under her arm. She tapped the strength-training armor she'd come in with on the forehead. The hulking suit "awakened" from its corner and began following behind her. It was a bit of magical-tech. "Come along, Dudley," she said.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((I'm sorry, I overreacted. I know you didn't do that on purpose, it was an honest mistake. But you didn't give us a 'personality' tab in the SU, so I didn't really know where to put it. I wouldn'tve put it in his backstory, so... yeah. This was a big huge misunderstanding, so sorry and let's move past it now since we're clear with each other. :sweat:))

"YAAAAAAAAAAY!" And now Luke was dancing around all over the library, the poster child for... well, children. He was so happy to be going on an adventure, like a big important grown-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom