• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The spring thaw had just set into the central kingdom of Hyrule and Hyrule City. It was a time to awaken from winter sleep, to clean and make things new for the coming year - it was a time for training and shoring up strength and a time for exploration.

One of the large doors in the interior of the central library creaked open. Standing in the open doorway was a huge armored figure. The plates on the armor were silver-colored, slightly dented in places and heavily scuffed. The horns on the helmet nearly touched the ceiling. The figure inside it breathed in and out, the hollow places in the suit making the voice raspy and metallic.

"Give me your firstborn..." it demanded.

Of course, the figure inside the armor meant the line as a joke.

The library was never truly asleep. Every hour of every day, people roved its halls, carefully sorting everything for utmost convenience. Whether browsing for a story, poking around for a bit of trivia, or on more serious duties, the Hyrule City library was a place that never saw total rest. Especially not from the specific scholar that was by the door when it was pushed open, glancing up from his sketchbook and tugging on his slightly green-stained shirt collar before setting his pencils aside and going to greet the visitor.

One would have expected the immediate sight of such a figure to be startling, but not to this man. A sideways smile flashed on his face, as though it was an old joke to see the intimidating figure there. "I gave you my firstborn last week, O Great One," he replied teasingly, amusement tinting his tone. "I only have the one, you know."

A shadow smirks when the door opens and the line was demanded. The shadow sifted on the rafters with a soft sound hardly noticeable to the normal folks wandering the library, it didn't matter to them. The shadow's focus and mission were the two figures at the doorway. She had been given the task to guard this people and have taken a liking to the scholar because he stayed indoors, it was easier to hide. He was the weaker of the three anyway, he could hardly fight. he was lucky not to be dead. the shadow shook its head at the response to the demand, the Chosen were so close and friendly and they only slightly knew about the shadow that followed them.

In the desert surrounded by sifting sands stood a tall red haired man with a shirt even in the blazing sun. He looks around at the girls he was surrounded by, only man out of too many girls. He felt stifled, so he came out and stood watch on the fortress's wall watching the sifting sand looking towards the spirit temple, the one dedicated to the Goddess of the Sands. It is important to worship and honor her, the sands are harsh and cruel and could take a woman's, or a man's, life in a blink. The king of the fortress sighs as he hears his advisers call him. He turns and heads inside.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
Purist breathed in the cool morning as the sun tentatively shed its first morning rays into the court yard of the Temple. The young man sat there, perched on a stone in the small garden, meditating. Purist was broken from his concentration when he heard the footsteps of someone entering the garden. Purist pulled himself out of thought and opened his eyes, and a smile crept across his weary face. It was Sentinel, Purist's teacher.

"Ah, in the garden I see?" The Hylian was beginning to show his age, but still bore the appearance and demeanor of a seasoned Paladin. "Were you sleeping or meditating?" He said jokingly. "Meditating, father." "That does not surprise me Purist. We return from a long journey, and your first instinct to is to meditate until dawn." "Indeed, until I was so rudely interrupted." The duo chuckled. After a silence Purist said "Surely you have something of importance to tell me, otherwise you wouldn't have interrupted me." Purist smiled. "Aye." Sentinel's face now bore a more serious tone. "I have noticed you're growth and I have spoke with the elders. I think you are ready." They young Paladin perked up and looked at Sentinel eagerly. "Ready?" "Aye I have spoken to the elders. You are almost fit to replace me." "But I-" Sentinel held up his hand to silence him, then continued. "The elders and I have come to an agreement. You must go on a pilgrimage to find yourself. Only then will you be fit to replace me." The boy sat with a stern look on his face, contemplating for what seemed a long time. "When must I leave?" "By midday." "And return?" "Within a year." Purist stood up. "I will gather my things." The young apprentice began to walk with purpose toward the exit. He turned back and looked at Sentinel, his arms crossed and with a grim look upon his face. "I will become worthy." Purist said resolute, and then left the courtyard.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"You've got to *make* a firstborn first," the woman laughed as she took off her helmet. Val always looked strange to others in this particular armor-model - it was so big on her that she might as well have been piloting a mech. That wasn't actually too far off: This was her strength-training armor and it did have some technological components in it - courtesy of the high-technology of Hylia.

Val shook out her messy brown hair. "You've been inside all day. It's wonderful out. Why don't you come on out and smell a flower or something?" she teased. "Not too many subjects to draw in here but books and desks."

She actually was here for something. The good captain wanted the latest map of Lanayru Province, including some marks denoting the unexplored territories, if possible. But, mostly, she was here to tease Aren. It was a favorite passtime of hers. She'd been working hard and needed a break.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I've been telling him he needs to get out ever since I first met him." Raenis says, entering the library. "Mind you, I've read a few books before. I'm quite philosophical." He gives a sidelong glance to the Warrior of Wisdom. Din's Chosen was pure muscle, yes, but he's not dumb. He's not the brainless bash-and-whacker. He thinks through the best strategy, and he knows what he should or shouldn't do. This is partially what made him so valuable.

Bella slips into the library around Val and Raenis. She looks around furtively before going to the maps and charts. She heard of a new mushroom in a dangerous part of Lanayru, an area laced with caverns and Deku Babas and Techno bokoblins, and by the Lanayru Sea. She sits and starts tracing the path, planning on asking Raenis to fetch them for her... He had wracked up quite a debt of favors with her, in exchange for Red Potions for the med team or for Val. He was so selfless, but so careless, unable to keep up with her payment.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val marched her armor over to a corner and powered it down. It opened up in the front and she stepped out of it, showing how slight and skinny she was compared to the hulking thing. Some new tone was showing on her, though, so her weeks of working with it had not been in vain. She preferred lighter protection for the usual drills. Her right arm was wrapped up in a bandage. Not wanting to worry Aren, she explained it.

"One of the new recruits was a little careless with his sword in morning exercises, and I was a bit slow in the use of my shield. It's no big deal, just a little scratch. I don't even need a potion for it, it'll heal in a couple of days."

She had been saving the potions she'd requested - for the trainee-knights, who were often injured in getting to know their weapons, and for an upcoming expedition she was planning, hence why she was looking for Lanayru-maps. There were some uncharted canyons that were rumored to have good mineral resources that the Royal Family wanted some investigation of. The whole Lanayru Region was a largely untapped source, a half-desert plain left to the robot-workers and largely unexplored by Hylians. Supposedly, there were many dangers there, irritable wildlife and the like. It was also rumored to be home to a fire-haired tribe of vicious warriors. Val did not like the idea of taking their land from them, but she doubted that what her bosses had in mind would lead to that. She just wanted to take a group and explore the area in the name of expanding knowledge. Maybe if they met with the rumored tribe, they could negotiate things and find new allies among the goddesses' peoples.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"You sure you will be okay?" Raenis asks. "Why are you here, anyway, besides annoying Aren?" He adds. He just came in to check something. "You checking things out for the mission?"
"Rae-Rae." Bella looks from behind thr shelf. "Come to my shop before you leave." She says in a singsong voice.
"Yes, ma'am..." Raenis blushes hard.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((*slowly raises hand* If that trainee could be Luke, could that be OK? And gah, prepare for derp. I'm always bad at intros...))

Luke was just wandering about the city during his free time, hoping to find something fun to do. The library caught his eye today. It was pretty fun, there was lots'a cool people there, like the funny glasses-dude who was always drawin' 'n stuff, and his friends Ms. Valley and the strong-dude, and the person who was always playin' hide-'n-seek there, and all sorts of cool people! So he went in. And was pleasantly surprised to see the glasses-dude AND Ms. Valley AND the strong-dude there! "Hai!" He greeted the three pleasantly.

((Merp merp merpity merp-merp. He calls Val Ms. Valley because she teaches the knights, and yes he occasionally notices Aza the spy and thinks she's simply playing hide and seek. He's not one to ruin someone's game, so he doesn't acknowledge her. ^^))

Quite a healthy bit happened before Aren could make a decent comeback to Val's firstborn comment, although it was probably his fault for being so slow on the uptake. He ignored Luke and Bella for the moment. "If you insist you'll be fine, who am I to say otherwise?" Aren gave a shrug. "I'm pretty sure you two aren't here just to tease me. What are you looking for?"

Not that they didn't come just to tease him all the time. He hoped they hadn't, at least, and his intuition told him otherwise.

((Aaah, I can't play Areeen >>))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Ah, speak of the devil," Val said when Luke came in. "This is the trainee I was talking about... pretty quick with the blade, slow on taking an order." She ruffled Luke's hair playfully. "Eager as a puppy, but about as good at listening as one. Still, quick enough to nick me... it's quite a feat."

She leaned on Aren's desk. "I came here for maps. Also, a proposal. The King wants me to lead an expedition into Lanayru's heart and out into the edge-lands. I need to choose my men and women carefully. I was thinking..." she glanced at Aren, "That we could use at least one Smart Guy." She looks over to Raenis. "I've already got the Dumb Muscle." (She said this playfully, a term of endearment, she knew Raenis wasn't dumb).

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Yee~!))

Luke closed his eyes with a happy smile as Val ruffled his hair, feeling proud from the compliment. But then he remembered the mishap in practice today, and saw his teacher's bandaged arm. "Y'OK now Ms. Valley?" He asked the woman, his voice laced with innocent concern. "'m real sorry fer hurtin' ya..." He somehow didn't register the other parts of conversation around him, seemed his attention span was too limited.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Yay!" Luke perked up upon hearing the good news, then just randomly wandered off to explore the library. He was random, he did stuff like that.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I'm not dumb!" Raenis protests, as he does every other time she says that.
"But you're certainly careless," Bella says, coming out from behind the shelf, "and I have a favor for you." She spreads a map of Lanayru out, perfectly copied, a route drawn on it. "I have some things I need."
"Like what?"
"Ancient flowers and some jelly blobs and a couple feathers." She says, him coming over. "This goes you the outer canyon..." He muses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom