• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of the Chosen Three SU

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I don't know if my PM to DarkLink7 went through, but I got response from Mono...

Anyway, the premise of this roleplay is, at base, is for DL, Mono and me - centering upon characters we created for the earlier roleplay storyline, "Bloodstained Blades." This is an alternate universe of Bloodstained Blades. This sign-up page is for anyone who wants to play additional characters to populate the early Hyrule Kingdom.

The setting is the Surface world of Hyrule long before the events of Skyward Sword. This is the Land of Hylia in the dawn of time for the Hylian people. The Three Golden Goddesses have created the world and have left its creations under the charge of the Hylia (of Light), Demise (of Darkness - this is presuming he wasn't always evil), the Dragons and the various spirits.

The various races of the land are forming their societies. The Hylian people have the central land. A city called "Hyrule," after the goddess Hylia, has formed. It boasts an impressive castle and the Skyview Temple. Protecting the city and the land surrounding it are three simple, mortal Hylians who have been chosen by the Three Golden Goddesses to carry some of their essence.

Carrying Din's Power is the young warrior, Raenis. (He is DarkLink7's character).

Carrying Nayru's Wisdom is the young scholar, Aren (He is Hylian_Monolith's character).

Carrying Farore's Couirage is Val, a young hunter and knight (She is my character).

I am also going to presume that Hylian_Monolith will want to take up playing Hylia again, like in BSB, unless she decides otherwise. I played Demise in that roleplay, but I do not wish to play him in this one. Demise is up for grabs if anyone wants him.

The story will begin with setup, and then it's a free, open-sandbox world. We'll decide on various dangers and adventures together. It also depends upon what the Demise player might like to do, or if anyone wishes to sign up as antagonist original characters or monsters. You can be just about any original character you can think of as long as their race and profile is fitting into Skyward Sword races and a pre-Skyward Sword alternate universe setting.

Demise - is up for grabs.

Fi - is up for grabs if we want to say she's been created yet.

Ghirahim - is up for grabs if we want to say he's been created yet.

Any OC signups:

Name:
Gender if applicable:
Brief physical description, clothes, weapons, etc:
Role in the budding society / Occupation / Skills:
Basic Backstory:

------

Mine:

Name: Val
Species: Hylian

Desc: Brown hair, green eyes, has a preference for deerskin leggings, sturdy boots and a green tunic, sometimes with a green coat. She's rather light and small. That's her normal wear. She also wears a few different armors, everything from light mail to this huge suit she wears in strength-training sometimes that everyone thinks she's too small for that makes her look like a Darknut. Carries weapons as-needed. The bow and quiver almost never leave her side, though a sword is standard for her job.

Occupation/Skills: Skilled in weapons, combat, horsemanship and hunting. Val is the Captain of the Guard of the knights that serve the royal family. She has her position at such a young age because she has shown incredible valor in battle against the local tribes of monsters and in the conflict the preceded the formation of the kingdom to the point that she became the Chosen of Farore.

Backstory: Lived on a farm in the countryside outside the Faron Woods, raised by her father. Her father was killed by monsters in a raid of their property. This was the spur for Val to come to the city to train for the knighthood. As stated, there were some unspecified conflicts in which her actions launched her from trainee-status to the honor of full knighthood very quickly. After being Chosen by Farore, as confirmed and announced by the priests and seers, she was made captain. It is a rather common sight in Hyrule City to see her leading her troops in marching drills through the streets or practicing on the training-grounds.

Or bothering Aren in the library for history and maps.

Oh yes, Hylia is mine. She was the most fun I'd ever had with a role... at least, up until I made Aren. BSB in general was wonderful, I'm glad to return to it.

Name: Aren Alpenlen
Gender if applicable: Male
Race/Species: Hylian

Description: Average build, dirty blond hair and stormy blue eyes beneath his glasses. Aren typically dresses in eternally paint-stained white button-downs, occasionally with a cloak or purple-blue jacket. He's well versed in most weaponry, and can handle a dagger and longsword with relative ease. Aren is almost guaranteed to have a sketchbook on him at all times.

Occupation / Skills: A scholar, and hobby-wise, a skilled artist and strategist. Aren is a scholar and historian, typically keeping to the massive library in Hyrule City. He often goes on trips all across Hyrule to gather information about this and that--Aren prides himself on understanding the truth of matters. On occasion, he is turned to for advice in crisis, and may get involved with the military if war strikes, unlikely as the prospect is.

That and Nayru's gift to him--clairvoyance. He can see clearly into past, present, and future when he needs to, and can guess some things ahead of time. Of course, this gift is both a blessing and a curse--his predictions aren't always pretty, and there's no feeling worse than knowing who will live and who will die and being unable to change it.

Basic Backstory: Aren was raised by his grandfather, unaware of who his parents are or what happened to them. Aren's grandfather always wanted him to become a knight, being a veteran knight himself, but that wasn't what Aren wanted to do. Despite grandfather's constant pestering, he gave Aren a good education at the finest schools he could afford. Around his sixteenth birthday, the priests declared him Nayru's Chosen. He stayed in Hyrule City, choosing to remain a scholar and let fate dictate his fame or lack thereof. He remains mostly at the library as a scholar, doing what he can where he can.

Including dealing with a certain commander poking at him for just about everything.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Name: Raenis

Gender if applicable: male

Description: he's got reddish-brown hair, and bright, deep green eyes. He wears a white tunic with leather crosstraps that go over the chest. He has brown pants and brown boots. His physical build is pure muscle with nothing else. He's about 6'1. He always has a broadsword on his back, which he can use with ease. His clothes are almost always dirty.

Occupation / Skills: he's the weapons trainer and he is Val's second-in-command due to his strength. The king appointed him this position, so she doesn't get a choice. ((:P)) As earlier stated, he trains the younger recruits and helps them.

Basic Backstory: he's Aren's best friend, and always bothers that "bookworm who needs to get out once in a while". He'll never admit it, but he avidly ships Aren and Val. He grew up in a town called Starloft, and he trained there until his parents shipped him off to the Knight Academy to further his training even more.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
Man, this looks like this could be a really good RP!

Name: Purist

Description: Of an average size, He has kempt long blonde hair which he keeps in a top knot. He has sharp facial features and keen grey eyes. He has a muscular build and sports a scar that spans from the lower part of his neck down to his upper chest, which keeps this concealed at all times. He wears red robes with a hood, and on that hood is the symbol of Din. Under this he wears a chainmail coif, and light clothes underneath that. The robes may sometimes provide a mysterious unseen protection. He has a chain around his neck on which he bears the symbol of Din.

Role/Skills: Purist is a devout apprentice Paladin of the temple of Din, and is a skilled scribe and fighter. He dabbles with a variety of weapons but prefers the simple warhammer when it comes to weaponry. He is a skilled reader and writer but does not have a wide variety of skills because most of his days of training, learning, and praying. He has a distinct lack of social skills, so only speaks when he is certain he needs to.

Basic Backstory: Purist did not always go by that name. In his past he went by a different name and different code of living entirely. He one day wandered into Hyrule City and was found in tattered clothing and gravely ill on the steps of the temple. There he was nursed back to health and taken in as an acolyte, and in a year became the apprentice of an aged Paladin who sees potential in him and wishes him to take his place.

Name: Azalea Medina
Gender if applicable: Female, but looks male
Race/Species: Sheikah

Brief physical description, clothes, weapons, etc: She dresses in a tight black pants with a loosish purple tunic with a grey cloth over it holding the mark of the Sheikah, the eye of truth. She wraps her hands, arms and legs with grey cloth to keep this tight. She wears slippers, soft quiet shoes. There is a cloth over the lower half of her face in the dark grey of her wraps. She has a hood too that she wears in the day time. she has olive skin with brown hair and brown eyes. she is slight and slim in figure. She passes off for a guy very well.

Role in the budding society / Occupation / Skills: She is a recruit fresh out of training. Her job has been assigned as to watch the chosen three and keep them safe. Specially the scholar. She is a highly trained assassin and works for the king with a loyalty of all the Sheikah. She is quiet and doesn't talk to other liking to follow one of the three chosen ones around as much as possible. She carries at least five daggers and a blow gun. The blow gun comes with a bunch of darts, all she made herself. She is medic too and great with herbs and plants. she can make a poison of a healing potion in the blink of an eye.

Basic Backstory: She was left at the shadow temple by a father who never wanted her. She was raised by the Sheikahs and she grew to like her mentor a lot. Her past is a little mysterious since she is so young and living with the group of private guards of the king keeps her past hush hush.

Mono bothered me into this. and can I make a second character? I want to make Gareth a Gerduo

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
So... Yeah... Uhm... I had an idea... Can I please make Luke Link's ancestor? PLEEEEEEEEASE?!?!?!

Name: Luke O'Hare
Race/Species: Hylian. Unless I should make him a werewolf, but I'll leave that decision up to the higher-ups.
Brief physical description, clothes, weapons, etc:
iPod pics K 421.jpg
He fights with a katana that hangs from his waist, but only if he really really has to.
Role in the budding society / Occupation / Skills: ...This is the hard part. How 'bout I say budding student at the Knight Acadamy or its equivalent? If he ends up working with Val at all, he'll probably really look up to her.
Basic Backstory: Mama died when he was small, 'n Daddy wasn't all that nice to him, so he lefted 'n went to the big Hylee City place to learn to be a big strong knight and make his daddy proud.
Hey, you wanted basic. Get it straight from the puppy's mouth.

CAN I PLEASE DO THIS?! PLEASE?! IT'S BEEN A DREAM OF MINE FOR MONTHS NOW TO MAKE LUKE AND LINK RELATED. PLEASE CAN I DO THIS?!

Soon would be good to start. and thank you.

Name: Gareth
Race/Species: Gerudo

Brief physical description, clothes, weapons, etc: he is a tall red head with all the characteristics of the gerudo's but with green eyes. He wears loose pants, like most gerudos and no shirt. He has the pointed shoes too. he is muscular, enough to rival Din's chosen.

Role in the budding society / Occupation / Skills: he is a thief and a fist fighter. He has a saber at his wast he carries but wield it rarely, but with skill. He has a knife too. He is the only male of the Gerudos, but doesnt want to be in charge, so he is a kinda of inbetween ruler.

Basic Backstory: He was born into the fortress and raised to be the king. He really didn't want to, but does lead raids and sometimes comes with the girls into town to get their mates. Gareth just hangs around. He has trained well, but isnt the smartest. He tends to wander and likes the visit the town about the castle.

Hope this is cool!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU'VE MADE MY DAY! Trust me, I'm perfectly aware that this is not Link as in 'Luke is gonna be a Hero', but I was hoping to make a running gag where everyone keeps calling him Link by accident and he keeps having to correct them. If that's not OK, I will only be marginally less happy.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Maybe, in a reversal of our world, "Link" is a more common name than "Luke."

Or it's like that Simpsons episode where Bart keeps finding novelty licence plates for people named "Bort" and runs into people named "Bort" at an amusement park, as if "Bort" were an actual name and more common than "Bart." *Laughs.*

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This is gonna be a rather basic character. I am not sure if you would want him, I just thought the idea sounded fun to RP as.

Name: Manter
Gender if applicable: N/A
Race/Species: the robots from SS, not sure what they were called.
Brief physical description, clothes, weapons, etc: Like the robots, but has larger hands and he carries a staff that has a light attached to one end. Manter also is bit rusted.
Role in the budding society / Occupation / Skills: Builds/Repairs structures in the city.
Basic Backstory: ...He was designed by whatever created the robots (presumably Hylia I guess) to build the city with others like him. That model all died out, and Manter was the last building robot still around.

This is basically a Scrapper for the past. An outspoken character who drives you crazy but everyone loves. If you don't want him, then by all means deny him.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Presumably, the robots wouldn't have died out then. They'd be active - all the ones you see in Lanayru Province. However, Manter could be of some kind of first line, prototypes and can be the last of his kind there, an old one among the new 'bots.

I believe the robots were "LD-Units," though they were just called "robots" in the game, if I recall. It's been a while since I've played SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom