• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tales of Chorus

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Lucio... Lucio no!" Arianna hangs on, the dragon upside-down, her barely hanging onto the saddle. "Luciooooooo!"

The island of Chorus consists of a bustling town in the center, with farms and fields around it, a couple forests here and there. The dragon academy is on a more remote part, covered by crags and stone, so the dragons cannot burn any farms. The town of Chorus has 600 people not counting students. The students and administrators and staff live in a boarding-school-type home close to the academy, unless they have their own house in the town. During the day, most students take classes, like the one Arianna is taking.

"Lucio... Okay... Right side up." She begs, and the dragon flips upright, and she lands heavily on the saddle. "Okay... Okay... Good boy... Good boy..." She is shaking,

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Art is reading under a tree while using his dragon, Kyrallion, as a pillow. You know, Kyrallion remarks, Most humans wouldn't even consider using a mighty dragon such as I as a pillow. "Well, I'm not most humans, and you're certainly not a mighty dragon Flowerbreath." Art says while scratching him under the chin absentmindedly. Don't call me that. Kyrallion snorts in annoyance, causing flowers to bloom all around them. Art raises an eyebrow before letting a triumphant grin spread over his face. "Really now?" He teases. "I could have sworn those flowers weren't here a second ago." You just didn't notice them before. Kyrallion denies. "If you say so." Art chuckles as he goes back to reading his book.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val was spending some time before the next class she was to teach on the archery range. A bullseye here, a near miss there... She nodded to her lazing dragon, Gale. He eyed the targets deliberately before shooting out very controlled, thin bolts and tiny balls of lightning, which wrecked the flimsy targets and set them alight.

"Nice!" Val said.

Gale grunted and laid his head back down over one of his foreclaws.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Now let's la-a-and. Lucio, no! she holds on as the white dragon sees his friend Gale and dives toward him. She closes her eyes as she feels the sharp uptake and the heavy thump as the dragon lands. She slides off and sits, shaking. "Sorry, Val...."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Gale cooed and sniffed, welcoming his fellow dragon. He opened and stretched his wings.

Val walked over Arriana and glared. "That was rather clumsy," she stated. "You need to work upon your landing technique. Your Bond is weak. Lucio is too old to still be acting this much like a hatchling."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"It's his fault." She hits Lucio's leg, earning her a snarky growl. "Oh, shut up you big baby." She crosses her arms. "You know I don't Bond well." She looks at the ground. "It always ends badly."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"You could start with a little more control over your emotions," Val said, "Such as not being quick to hit him."

She bent down and gently rubbed the area on Lucio where he'd been thumped. "It's alright," she soothed. "Though I bet you could use some work on your end of it, too."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
He nuzzles her, then growls at her closing words. Arianna just stares at the ground. She' seen in the academy long enough that she and Lucio should have a perfect relationship, but the Bond.... It requires pouring out your heart and soul in a mental link to the dragon and she's never managed to achieve it. Every time she's tried some emotion blocks it, some memory.

((I'm picturing Eragon mixed with pacific rim for this.))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"For some people, it takes time," Val assured. "You mostly just need to relax."

She walked over to her own dragon and rubbed him under his chin and jawline, which was rather long and lean and far as dragon-features went. Gale, for his part, remained his quiet self. He was almost like a silent protagonist in a play - Val didn't even connect with him via thoughts in the conversational sense, as most people did with their dragons. With her and Gale, it was almost always raw emotions and visual-thinking. He wasn't mute, nor was he unthinking. He was, as some might say, "wise enough not to need words."

(I've not read or seen Eragon, but I have seen Pacific Rim. I was just marathon-watching several episodes of "The Legend of Korra" so if I could relate some of spiritual projection and "avatar state" stuff to this, I think I can understand that well).

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I have and it always blows up in my face! It's not fair! Everyone else can connect to their dragons.... Why can't I?" She scratches Lucio, who nuzzles against her. She closes her eyes and tries to Bond.... Memories and thoughts and raw emotions flash.... Then the War comes in, the one that ravaged her country, and she ends on her knees, clutching her head, screaming for it to stop. The memories, the war torn victims, the bodies everywhere...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Gale grunted, widening his eyes.

Val went to her young friend and put her arms around her, trying to soothe her out of the attack. "It's over now. All you need to think about is what's right now."

(I forget everything that was said in sign-up. Is the war being talked about the recent one the whole island went through that I said Val had fought in? Or something different)?

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((She's from a desert country. She moved to Chorus for the academy.))

She's just on the ground, crying, the memories.... She was 10, no... 12.... She shouldn't have seen what she did.... But she was an adventurous child.... Lucio goes over and nuzzles his prone partner, trying to console her. He knows what happened, why she is hurt... But he can't help because that just triggers flashbacks.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
(What? The thread started? Lol)
Dean woke up. It was going to be a nice day...
Its noon Dean Tennings snorted, its about time you woke up
Dean groaned, "Excuse me for sleeping so long, mister I-don't-sleep-on-weekdays." He followed this with a grin and patted his dragon's side. "just wake me up next time. Now, let's go do stuff."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Cassandra was cruizing through the air, leaning back in her saddle with her hands behind her head. She had actually fallen asleep while riding, and her dragon, Alphonsus, was just flying in circles pretty much. He'd been used to her falling asleep often when they went out, he knew she never got any sleep at night. She'd stay up late reading or studying, or even wandering the town; she didn't much like to be outside during the day because at night there was no bustle of people and she could be all alone with herself. Cassandra loves being around people, but sometimes she needed her "me time". Adding to her staying up late at night, she also arose early in the morning to fly. She liked a clear sky when she flew; no worries of other dragons and she could concentrate without the distraction of seeing her friends flying around.

Alphonsus realized she'd been sleeping for an hour now, and thought it was time to touch down. He saw a spot behind the academy and deemed that was a good place.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"It's over now," said Val. She was not a mind-healer, but she did her best. She really had no idea what her friend had gone through in her own country, but she'd been through war, herself. She'd been in combat with Gale when invaders had tried to take Chorus several years ago. She had scars on her back where an enemy soldier had jumped on Gale and had tired to take her down from behind. She still had memories of seeing blood on her sword. She still dreamed, sometimes, of how people and their steeds twitched after Gale had unleashed the full-force of his lightning-breath upon them at her command. They were the enemy and it's what she had to do to protect everyone she loved. She wasn't proud and figured that the gods would hold her to account for her sins someday, even her people did not.

Still, she couldn't imagine losing all her family and friends to a slaughter. And, well, that's what she'd gone to battle to prevent.

She looked Arianna in the eyes. "You have to remember that dragons are a kind of animal. They are wise, but they react like animals do to basic emotions. Fear is the most powerful emotion in any of us. If you're nervous, your dragon will be, too. You need to forget the past when riding yours - just live in the moment you are actually in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom