• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Taking Your Hand Held Console to School?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I always bring my 3DS to school with me, usually tucked away in a pocket of my backpack unless I have study hall, and my friends often have theirs with them also. Our school's getting more lenient with electronic devices and in every class atleast a few people have an iPod or smartphone out at some point.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I bring my 3DS to school everyday. I don't play it during class unless I'm allowed to. I just play it during lunch because I don't have any friends. xD

I brought my GBA to school everyday last year too. I only played it during advisory, lunch, and during free time in Choir. We don't have advisory anymore, and we never have free time in Choir this year. So, I only play it during lunch this year.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
During my in elementary days, taking in handheld gaming consoles to school was strictly forbidden, and the school could take them away from us for the school year if we were caught with them. The only time I ever took in a handheld to school was when a video game club was established during my secondary years, but that only lasted a few weeks before it was shut down because it wasn't considered to be "academically enriching."

However, I'm in university now and I tote my 3DS everywhere. It's a wonderful distraction for when classes get cancelled and for long breaks between them.

My elementary and middle schools had very strict rules regarding electronics and such, so I didn't take them to school with me. However, there was this one time in middle school when I decided to break the rules and I took my deluxe golden Pokedex to school and it got stolen on the same day. I'd just gotten it as a birthday present, too. Ever since then, I've avoided taking any electronic device besides my mobile to school, even though I am no longer prohibited from doing so.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Of course! I always carry my Pokemon 3DSXL with me! Though I only let it loose when I'm in the student lounge. First time I carried it around, I got like 20 people on street pass! Ya never know who's carrying one when they're not playing.

Dan

Any kid of the 90's that was allowed to bring their gameboy into school did so, and that game boy was normally loaded with a pokemon cartridge. We all loved trading pokemon etc with our peers, but that all got banned including pokemon cards as their were too many thieves about, lost so many of my shiny cards. :( for the best I suppose.
High School didn't allow any type of electronic device but that didn't stop people from bringing them in every so often, of course phones people brought in every day but most people by then "grew" out of handhelds. College on the other hand allowed them. Outside of Schools I'm not sure if there's rules about them at work, you're allowed to bring phones in most of the time so I don't see why not hand held game consoles. Although I'm actually paranoid about bring them in my bag or whatever as I don't have decent cases to bring them in, I'm sure Game boys were a lot studier compared to modern hand helds.

I didn't take my GBC or GBA to school. My parents were to scared I would lose them. I wanted to in elementary school but as I go older I started to get scared I would lose them too.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
This was the best aspect of elementary school. I was always the first one on the bus (and the last one off), so I had tons of time to play my Game Boy Color (usually Pokemon Blue). The teachers I had were also very lenient about it and let us play with our electronics during recess. I have fond memories of sitting on the sidewalk during recess in 3rd-5th grade, linked up with a friend battling/trading pokemon, while the other kids ran around and did physical stuff :P

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I take my 3DS with me sometimes. Just when I feel like it. I've only started that recently; I used to never, ever take them for fear of losing them. After that, I only started taking them when we had a shortened school day or shortened class periods. These days I take them when I want to -- when I was playing through Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, I brought it to school everyday, and the same is true since A Link Between Worlds's release. And if I know I'm going to have a boring day, I bring it sometimes. I usually get a lot of StreetPasses (five or six) and take over 1000 steps, so it's nice when I get to bring it.

MaanavLink

Hero of Time and Space
I don't take my handhelds to school, besides my iPhone. To me, that is enough game. I prefer taking my handhelds anywhere if I expect to play for about 45 minutes, otherwise I dont feel complete. I anyways, have to keep it away until I am on the bus, so I prefer not to have them at all.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I used to take my PSP to school, until it broke. I used to play Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and GTA Vice City Stories. And also Chinatown Wars.

onewafighter1

Turaga
I take my Gameboy Advance SP every other day,
I spend about two hours playing Tetris+ for the Gameboy Color.

I've gotten really good at Tetris, atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom