• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Taking Chances With Indie Games

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I swear this isn't advertising, please don't ban me.

Do you ever go to gaming websites like itch.io and try out some short games made by indie developers?

Every few months I go on, have a browse, download a few free games and demos that catch my eye for whatever reason, and spend the day checking them out. I've played some really fun little gems doing this, particularly horror games (I'll talk about some later). Honestly, some of the most effective horror games I've played in the last few years have been ten minute shorts made for game jams that I found online.

Have you ever taken chances trying out indie games from itch.io?

Or, have you ever taken a chance on a game in general without knowing much about it? How did it turn out?

Would you ever consider taking chances with indie games like this in future?

I need to get on itch.io one of these days.

The last indie game I took a chance on was Velocity 2X and it was an absolute belter.

I'd seen the box around on store shelves and it had always intrigued me. It came with a CD, too. I had change left over from store credit so I decided to take the plunge, at least if the game sucked the CD could be good.

But luckily both were brilliant. In fact, I enjoyed Velocity 2X way more than the game I'd originally gone to buy.

Since then I've double dipped with Velocity on Switch and maybe one day I'll get that super cool hard copy from that place that does those limited runs....

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
never done so in that site but in general, nah, not anymore
indie games aren't for me, I've tried some high acclaimed ones but they don't do much for me, nowadays an indie game has to REALLY get my attention for me to consider it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom