• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Taken

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

As soon as I heard that in the preview, I knew I had to see this. I finally did this weekend with my wife. It was pretty much what I expected. I got to see Liam Neeson beat up, break the bones, crunch the nuts and put bullets into the heads of several european scumbags.

90 minutes of awesome, in other words.

My favorite scene (won't spoil it)
When Bryan (Liam Neeson) tracks down the man he as talking to in the above quote, then says "I told you I would find you". What happens after was pure cinematic gold.

Anybody else catch this awesome movie?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Wow! That quote was awesome!! Now I know I have to see it. I do not watch enough movies lately and do not really know which new ones are great (do not even know if Taken is new) but I know this much: Taken I must see! Thanks for letting me know it exists.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I finally saw the movie and I was not dissapointed! (Well it could have been a bit longer) The main character shows no mercy and for once I really enjoyed it. Those european/middle eastern (or were they north african the last ones?) scumbags really got the treatment they deserved ;)

Last edited:

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Funny. When I heard that in the trailer, I rolled my eyes.

Guess we're different people. Meh.

I'll probably end up having to endure it anyway with my father. Oh, God, I'll rue the day.

And isn't there like four movies with the title 'Taken'?
Haha. It's been taken three times already!

Ok, that sucked. :dry:

V

Vic

Awesome movie, like the transporter but taken a little more seriously thanks to Liam Neeson's performance, action was almost nonstop and in your face, and badass!

R.I.P. Natasha Richardson.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I got the same idea as Zeanith. But maybe if I saw it I might like it. I dont think my parents will be going to see it anytime soon...

F

FalseDestiny

Awesome movie especially the torture that he gives to the guy that had told him "Good Luck." That part was great and for being a retired old guy he still knows how to kick a**.

K

kukuruza

Yes good cinema very much! It was pleasant to me! Expected the worst from a film!

K

Koulatio

When I first saw this movie, I was just thinking to myself "Wow"
Liam Neeson was brilliant. The theme of the movie wasn't the best, but it was done very well. Alot of parts in this movie actually shocked me. When he beat people up in that movie, he really made sure he did a damn good job of it. Great action movie, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

F

fallen angel

i thought this movie was action packed and added alot of suspense. it added a huge twist to these types of situations, usually ppl close to the victim dont have an advantage or control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom