• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Tael in Future Zelda?

zellinkda

one of many
Hey guys! There's been a lot of talk about Zelda wiiU and zelda 3ds lately, and that got me to thinking about zelda 3ds. here are a few things I thought about

Link's guide
This is something I don't hear much about, and I thought that I would bring up the subject. We have had may guides in the zelda series such as:
Zelda (ST)
Ciela (PH)
Tatl(MM)
Navi(OoT)
Midna(TP)
King of red lions (TWW)
Elzo (TMC)
Fi (SS)
In the midst of all of these guides, there is one little fairy that runs through my head every once in awhile. That fairy is Tael from Majora's mask. We barely know anything about Tael, other then the fact that he is the brother of Tatl and he speaks using doublespeak. "Swamp. Mountain. Ocean. Canyon. Hurry the Four who are there, bring them here!" So my question is, do we want Tael to be a new guide in future zelda games?
This can be a good thing where we can get to know Tael a little better, maybe tie in Tatl as well. This may be a sort of like a direct sequel to Majora's Mask. I understand we have the timeline and Hyrule Historia, but a game that references things that happened in Majora's Mask. The bad thing would be having this, and then having Majora's Mask 3D come out. Perhaps people would get bored of all of the major amounts of Majora's Mask related things being thrown at us.
Tael could also be a different kind of guide. A good thing would be that the talking and getting hints and guides wouldn't be annoying/strange. Maybe the fact is that Tael will not be used, yet through a lot of my time playing Majora's Mask, I had Tael sitting in the back of my thoughts. There was a lot of mystery behind him. Mystery that was never solved, and I want a chance to uncover the mystery.
Aside from Tael, I have heard people who want old guides to return. Some people have even made organizations of people who want that character back. Like Midna. But Maybe Zelda is headed toward a fresh start in guides. That's okay with me, but the characters were so good that some zelda fans will miss these guides.

So what do you think? Do you want a new guide that we have never heard of? Should Nintendo bring back a cherished guide from previous zelda games, or should we bring Tael into a game and uncover the mystery behind this odd character?

Last edited:

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I think that a guide should never be brought back. It is a unique thing to every game. Especially something as important as a guide. It would feel to similar to a game. I think that once a guide is used it shouldn't be used again. Keep the games fresh.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I think that a guide should never be brought back. It is a unique thing to every game. Especially something as important as a guide. It would feel to similar to a game. I think that once a guide is used it shouldn't be used again. Keep the games fresh.

I would have to agree. As much as I would love for Midna to return, I would not want her to be a side kick. Maybe come back as an important NPC, but no the guides should not be reused. It helps make each game feel unique.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Not to parrot what these two have already said, but I don't think that it would feel appropriate to bring any of those characters back as guides. Like Awesome, though, I'm all for seeing some of them return in the form of major NPCs. As for Tael, I wouldn't mind getting to know more about that character, though I do wonder if we'll ever see the return of the traditional "fairy" companion. With some of the more recent games in the series, the Zelda team has opted to go with more elaborate -- more iconic (?) -- designs for their guide characters. Just an observation.

By the way, thanks for that nod to WantMidnaBack. :P

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
In the midst of all of these guides, there is one little fairy that runs through my head every once in awhile. That fairy is Tael from Majora's mask. We barely know anything about Tael, other then the fact that he is the sister of Tatl and he speaks using doublespeak.

Just thought I'd point out that you're kind of contradicting yourself here.

Well, Tatl Tael (heh heh) are sort of from Termina and since Termina is kind of a one-time thing, I kinda doubt it.

I wish that they would bring back Midna (probably like everybody above me said, not as a guide, but a major character). She has the best character development of all the guides I've had. Better in fact than most characters in the entire series. And let's be honest, who honestly doesn't like her sarcastic comments? XD

However, chances are that it's gonna be a new guide for both upcoming games. That's just the way Nintendo rolls, making new characters all the time. :)

zellinkda

one of many
Just thought I'd point out that you're kind of contradicting yourself here.

Well, Tatl Tael (heh heh) are sort of from Termina and since Termina is kind of a one-time thing, I kinda doubt it.

I wish that they would bring back Midna (probably like everybody above me said, not as a guide, but a major character). She has the best character development of all the guides I've had. Better in fact than most characters in the entire series. And let's be honest, who honestly doesn't like her sarcastic comments? XD

However, chances are that it's gonna be a new guide for both upcoming games. That's just the way Nintendo rolls, making new characters all the time. :)
all fixed! thanks!

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
I think having Tael as a guide would be kind of neat. Personally, it'd be a new chance for a guide, and my brother just likes Tael for his appearance. Is anyone else kinda bummed that we have only had 2 male guides, whilst the rest are in fact female? I think that adding Tael as a guide will be a fresh experience, but if Nintendo decided to add him as one, I just hope that he isn't really irritating...

bunny

birb overlord
I never really thought about having Tael as a guide, but it could work. He's always been my favorite fairy. ^^ Plus he appears to be the helpful type, which would be nice for once... xD

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, never thought that Teal would be a guide. He does five some clues on MM to Link and Tatl to help them find the Four Giants. I guess Teal can be a helpful guide in the future Zelda games, but still would doubt of him being a guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom