• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tad Tones Are Zoras?

Braivety

FPT | Breb
Just to let everyone know, there might be a small spoiler in here, but I don't think I did.

So, I was watching LavaAnon play Majora's Mask, and he was collecting the eggs for Lulu and to get the New Wave Bosa Nova. When the eggs hatched and made the song, I thought, wow, those look a lot like Tad Tones from Skyward Sword! Then I thought, maybe the Water Dragon created the first Zoras. All the Tad Tones could have been the start of the Zora race. It makes sense because there aren't any Zoras in Skyward Sword. Plus the Water Dragon is supposed to be like a big water dragon god thing, so why couldn't she create a new race? Thoughts?

Wizzrobe

Mask Collector
Hmm... maybe they are tad Tones, I don't know how else the Zora's would of appeared on the surface unless they possibly evolved into Zora's over time after originally being Tad tones.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Now that I think about about it, Faron it does resemble Valoo somehow, and he mutated the Zora into the rito, but I'm stuck stubbornly into my Parella>Zoras theory, so I do not support the theory

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Now that I think about about it, Faron it does resemble Valoo somehow, and he mutated the Zora into the rito
I don't think that's relevant since as far as we know Valoo only comes into the picture between OoT and just after the flood. Also, he essentially uncreated the Zora.

I like this theory. It makes a lot more sense than Parella evolution imo.

I think it is an interesting theory. I am surprised to read about the connection between the Rito and the Zoras, though. I had never made that connection before, though I was always curious about why the Zora were absent from Wind Waker while the Rito seemed to have appeared from nowhere. Does anyone have any links with more information about that relationship?

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I'm going with no. Not in any way. The tad tones don't appear anywhere else in Skyward Sword except when they are created by Faron, and we don't know what happens to them after they are "caught" by Link. They are intended to be a (*cough* pointless and irritating *cough*) side game and nothing else. Though their overall shape does resemble that of the baby Zora's, it equally resembles just plain fish. Though there is the connection of the shape and the fact that they both taught songs, I don't think it's likely. The tad tones don't show the slightest bit of thought except for the natural instinct to run away from things that are new or scary.

The Parella evolution makes sense to me, though: first because of the patterns on their bodies that resemble that of the Zora of OoT, but more because if there was a need to communicate with the Royal Family (or soon-to-be Royal Family) then there would be a need to be on land and they would have evolved into a more humanoid form. Or they could've been charged into that form by Faron the way the Rito were created (I think; never played WW). You could argue the same fact for tad tones, but then what happened to the Parella between SS and OoT? Just died off while an entirely new race was created from little fish things? The Parella are a real race, we know things about them, such as the fact that they still exist after the events of SS. The tad tones, however, we don't know if they exist anywhere else, if it's even possible for them to grow, or even if they can think for themselves without Faron.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The Parella evolution makes sense to me, though: first because of the patterns on their bodies that resemble that of the Zora of OoT, but more because if there was a need to communicate with the Royal Family (or soon-to-be Royal Family) then there would be a need to be on land and they would have evolved into a more humanoid form. Or they could've been charged into that form by Faron the way the Rito were created (I think; never played WW). You could argue the same fact for tad tones, but then what happened to the Parella between SS and OoT?
"If A then B, therefore A", where neither B nor A can be proven without the support of the other, is circular logic. Also, as a fun exercise, play devil's advocate and switch the terms "Parella" and "Tadtone" in that paragraph. It makes just as much (or as little) sense.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Um. That's not circular logic at all. That is "if A then B"
if there was a need to communicate with the Royal Family (or soon-to-be Royal Family) then there would be a need to be on land

I think that makes perfect sense. Also, switching tadtones and parella doesn't really make sense. Because we haven't really seen anything that shows that the tadtones even know how to communicate, besides, why would the royal family want to communicate them. I do agree that the tadtones and zora hatchlings are similar, though. I think either is possible.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Um. That's not circular logic at all. That is "if A then B"
Sorry, you're right; A is supported (I was thinking of something else). The problem is that proving B does nothing for the main argument. So whichever race becomes the Zora must evolve... how does that make it more likely that it's the Parella? "You could argue the same fact for tad tones, but then what happened to the Parella between SS and OoT?" I could indeed argue the same for the Tadtones, otherwise what happened to them between SS and OoT?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Well, the only time we ever see them existing is after faron creates them and before link retrieves them. There is no evidence to prove that Faron ever creates more, and then there wouldn't be any at the end of SS for anything to happen to.

Basically, the only argument there is for the tadtones is 100% and fully theory and hypotheses, which is not as strong as more facts which support the parella theory.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
. . . as a fun exercise, play devil's advocate and switch the terms "Parella" and "Tadtone" in that paragraph. It makes just as much (or as little) sense.
There is no evidence to suggest that the tadtones would need to communicate with the Royal Family, whereas the Parella, as a legit, intelligent race, would have to when Hyrule is united.
So whichever race becomes the Zora must evolve... how does that make it more likely that it's the Parella?
"You could argue the same fact for tad tones, but then what happened to the Parella between SS and OoT?" I could indeed argue the same for the Tadtones, otherwise what happened to them between SS and OoT?
Well what happened to them right after Link got the Song of the Hero part? What were they doing before this? As they disappeared after the mini game, and did not reappear for the rest of SS or in any game known to be after SS in the timeline, I assume that they did not reappear at all, unless for some reason they were summoned briefly by Faron and then disappeared again as they did in SS. So what I mean is that something already DID happen to them.

Last edited:

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I believe it's been confirmed that the octopus creatures (whose name I forget) evolve into Zoras. But I see your point, with the Majora's Mask New Wave Bossanova.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Certainly interesting... Now that I think of it, they DO resemble more Zoras than Parellas do (since of Lulu's eggs...) I thought first that perhaps the Parella would be the ancestors of Zoras, but I must repeat myself, VERY interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom