• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tad Tones Are Zoras?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Early concept art for the Parella (as cucco002 provided, saving me a Google search) showed them resembling traditional Zoras quite a lot. Maybe they planned to just have the Zoras in Skyward Sword the way they had Gorons, I don't know, but it shows that the Zoras were at least in mind when the Parella were created. Obviously that isn't evidence of evolution but it does suggest that the Parella may have been a 'replacement' for Zoras.

Reading the thread, I think there's a stronger case for the Tad Tones being a precursor to to the Fabulous Frogs (thank you Djinn) or perhaps even the Parella themselves (thank you, again, cucco002). Both of those theories make more sense to me than the Tad Tones becoming the Zoras and there's a little more evidence for them to boot.

The Tad Tones do resemble the baby Zoras from Majora's Mask but, honestly, I think that's more of a deliberate design choice. Skyward Sword was the 25th Anniversary game and there are small nods to a lot of the previous games in there. I think the Tad Tones were just intedned to be one of those tiny references to Zelda's history.

I dont know about you, but to me Faron doesnt seem very fond of Hylians/Humanoids. Would she really create the Zora race just like that? She seems very conservative.
It couldnt be as simple as that she gave the Parellas legs because the water eventually disappeared from the forest, doing that would save them from exctinction.
Either that or she totally neglected her race and didnt care that they got extinct. Witch doesnt seem to likely.

tadtones must be parella-babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom