• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tad Tones Are Zoras?

Djinn

and Tonic
There is a reasonable similarity between them to draw this conclusion. Tadtones and Zora tadpoles both resemble music notes and play a song within the game mechanics.
Tadtones.png
Baby_zora.png

However I might have a better chance of believing that the tadtones actually grow up to be something like the Fabulous Frogs in OoT and the Frog Choir in MM.
OOT_FiveFroggishTenors.png

They follow the same color scheme and general purpose. To go from multicolored tadpoles that make music to multicolored frogs that make music. Not to mention that There have been more than a few various singing frogs within the series. There was a frog choir in LA and the golden frogs in PH. Because of this I would assume the tadtones are more related to the singing frogs of Hyrule and not Zora.

So far I have never seen any evidence that could connect the Parella to Zora. Not through any developer quotes or ingame information. They are simply two different species that just so happen to live in water in Hyrule. This is not entirely new as there have been multiple separate species that live in a similar environment like that. With the Kokiri and Deku Scrubs in the forests, Gerudo and Zuna in the desert, Yooks and Anouki in the icy regions, Mogma and Gorons in mountains, Hylians, Humans, Minish, and Sheikah in civilization. So two in the water are not all that unbelievable.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
There is a reasonable similarity between them to draw this conclusion. Tadtones and Zora tadpoles both resemble music notes and play a song within the game mechanics.
Tadtones.png
Baby_zora.png

However I might have a better chance of believing that the tadtones actually grow up to be something like the Fabulous Frogs in OoT and the Frog Choir in MM.

They follow the same color scheme and general purpose. To go from multicolored tadpoles that make music to multicolored frogs that make music. Not to mention that There have been more than a few various singing frogs within the series. There was a frog choir in LA and the golden frogs in PH. Because of this I would assume the tadtones are more related to the singing frogs of Hyrule and not Zora.

So far I have never seen any evidence that could connect the Parella to Zora. Not through any developer quotes or ingame information. They are simply two different species that just so happen to live in water in Hyrule. This is not entirely new as there have been multiple separate species that live in a similar environment like that. With the Kokiri and Deku Scrubs in the forests, Gerudo and Zuna in the desert, Yooks and Anouki in the icy regions, Mogma and Gorons in mountains, Hylians, Humans, Minish, and Sheikah in civilization. So two in the water are not all that unbelievable.
Although you do make a valid point, and it could very well be true, I still think Zoras. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it's in the translated version of Hyrule Historia.

it's possible that tadtones are baby parella, and when the parella evolve, their baby state stayed near the same.

Well, if we look at the baby zoras and their adult counterparts, its not hard to think that the tadtones could be baby parella

53px-MM_ZoraBabies%28Tadpoles%29.png
---->
94px-MM_Zora.png

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki...nd-of-zelda-skyward-sword/f/f9/Sword_4676.jpg

Tadtones.png ---->
150px-Parella.png

we can see how the shapes on the skin/scales of the tadtones and parella are similar, and both have an octopus like mouth.

I like the idea of the parellas becoming zoras at some point, you may say that this theory goes against it, but I think it supports it, the musical characteristics of their baby forms could be something that remains after years of evolution

While searching for a good image for the tadtons (and failing), I found this from the Hyrule Historia, maybe it could help with something:

Parella_zora.jpg

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Alright, I just feel like I should post here again because I feel really strongly about this:

The only thing connecting the TadTones and the Zora is the appearance (not even their appearance-- the colors are completely different, we're just talking about the general shape), yes? And there is the very factual explanation for their shape other than that they are the same, which is they serve the same purpose. Some would argue that the fact that they serve the same purpose is what makes it more likely that they are the same, but there are tons of things in Zelda that serve the same purpose. Take the instructor that you meet at the beginning of Skyward Sword who tells you about Z-targeting and the Kokiri girl on the top of the shop. They are there for the exact same purpose and never have any other point, but nobody seems to think that there's a connection there. So there's nothing linking the TadTones to the Zora.
Then there are the other things that go against this theory as well: that the TadTones show no signs of being intelligent life and that they disappear after the one sidequest.

Then we have the Parella. As with the TadTones, there is only one thing connecting them to the Zora: the fact that they're fish that can breathe both air and water. However, there is no evidence against this theory as there was with the TadTones, other than "why?". There are some things that we know, though: The Parella disappear between SS and OoT. The Zora appear between SS and OoT. The races of Hyrule were united between SS and OoT. Something had to have become the Zora unless they just were created, or just appeared while the Parella died out. Personally, I find it very unlikely that Faron let the Parella die out at all. Therefore they must have turned into something.
In order to unite Hyrule, the Parella must have been able to walk on land in order to communicate with the Royal Family, unless the Royal Family came to them to unite Hyrule (that is, until they supposedly died out, if were going to follow the didn't-change-into-anything idea). So the Parella would have evolved to walk on land, turning into a humanoid form, thus the Zora.

So, even if you don't buy into the Parella evolution (and I can't really argue against that if you don't), I don't think that the shape is enough to say that TadTones are baby Zora, especially when there's another, in my opinion, better explanation for that one connection, along with an alternate option that I think is more likely:

If even after all that, you still say that TadTones are baby Zora, I guess there's nothing I can do to persuade you now, but thanks for reading!

Braivety

FPT | Breb
well, they don't have to be the same color, OoT was an older game so it could be the quality they chose. Plus, SS is one of the brighter more colorful Zelda games, so could have gotten creative with the colors.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
well, they don't have to be the same color, OoT was an older game so it could be the quality they chose. Plus, SS is one of the brighter more colorful Zelda games, so could have gotten creative with the colors.

I'm not really using the different color thing against this theory, I agree with you on this, its just that it doesn't really add to it. I mean, I might consider it more likely if they were the same color/pattern.

Parella_zora.jpg

I was a little bit lazy in my last post, I was hoping for someone to point it out, but lets try this and see what happens.

The images showing here are obviously concept art created for the design of the Parella, we know how it ended looking, but we can see how the concept art, specially the ones at the bottom, resemble the Zora, with the anthropomorphic bodies and the fish shaped heads. While this is not be what they decided at the end, we can assume that at some point, the designers had the Zoras in mind, and probably were supposed to have strong allusion to them.

While this supports the idea that the Parellas are ancestors of the Zora and not the topic, it indirectly support the already stated idea of the similarities between the Zora babies and their adult counterparts and how it is related to the one of the Tadtones and Parellas.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
The earlier sketches do show resemblance to the Zora, but I think this is more due to the fact that they are both a race of intelligent fish-people. They're the same in concept, and so they may have kept the Zora in mind while designing the Parella (despite the final outcome), but I don't think really supports the Parella and Zora being biologically related.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Maybe tadtones are little baby parella and eventually a small section of tad tones 1 day accidentally swim into a new environment and evolved into zora

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think that's relevant since as far as we know Valoo only comes into the picture between OoT and just after the flood. Also, he essentially uncreated the Zora.

I like this theory. It makes a lot more sense than Parella evolution imo.
I was just thinking the same thing! The Parella could just be another race while the Tad Tones do have that possibility of eventually evolving into Zoras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom