• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SwS or SS?

How Should It Be?

• SwS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SS

• Other

• Don't Care

• Total voters
I use SS. I don't think that people will be offended, because most people call them the Nazis, not the SS.
Now If there was a game called, um..let's see..

The Legend of Zelda: The King Knight Killer, then we would have a problem.

I use SS because the acronym consist of two words Skyward Sword and not Sky Ward Sword or Skyward's Word (In my opinion every word should get one letter *equal representation :P )

Big Octo

=^)
I usually refer to it as SS. SwS reminds me of Star Wars, which is SW. The Nazi SS thing never really crossed my mind, but I don't think we should worry about that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There was a debate about this long ago, I can't find the thread but I remember posting in it at least once. I call the game 'SS' because Skyward Sword, and while seeing SwS does make me mad a bit, I can still see the reasoning behind that version. In the end, they both (usually) refer to the same game so it doesn't really matter much to me.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Have ever thought of how Germans don't like using SS because of the bad connotation it has in their country.

So I'll still use SwS for as long as I live.

Man, I never thought of that. I guess I wouldn't want to call a game KKK or something like that.

I always call Skyward Sword SS. I don't know why, but the abbreviation SwS bothers me. I also don't buy into the whole Nazi SS thing, because, y'know, who would be discussing Nazis in a Zelda discussion? I'll stick with SS because it looks right, sounds right, and makes more sense than SwS.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think that people know what one is talking about when he abreviates Skyward Sword as "SS", because of context. I think that people should use what they want, as long as you can understand what it means.

S

seacher99

I'm from Germany and I spell it SS. Don't get Nazis in my mind when I'm spelling SS. It was before my time.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I always use SS. The whole Nazi thing is irrelevant as, at least here, whenever people use the term 'SS', they would clearly mean Zelda. Plus, as others have said, the other abbreviations could possibly stand for something just as bad; you just aren't aware. Besides, lots of everyday (or not-so-everyday, depending on where you're from) words can be more unpleasant depending on the context.That's not going to stop people from using it in the more innocent way (although, I suppose peopel would still use the more unpleasant way too, but that's beside the point).
Still, as had been pointed out at some point, lots of Zelda games have more than one abbreviations, so in that sense, I haven't a thing against SwS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom