• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Sws is Starting to Look Darker (MAJOR SPOILER)

S

Sheik

Yep. I did expect a darker plot, since, well, even with happy, colourful graphics, it's a Zelda game after all. I can't wait to see how this game turns out!

By the way, where exactly did this 'Debbie' thing come from? XD

He reminds me of Byrne not by his look or his attack but by his personality and demeanor. Byrne always seemed like if he wanted to he could just kill Link (as he was a kid in that game) and Ghirahim had that same sort of sense to him. Also their roles are the same as I'm pretty sure that Ghirahim isn't the main bad guy (since they showed the fight at E3). This is similar to Byrne as he of course was not the main bad guy but an assistant to Chancellor Cole and Malladus.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
But does it beat the freakiness of the Great Fairies? They're pretty tough to beat. The difference is that we have had a *FAR* longer time to get used to them as opposed to Ghirahim's actions right here. I'd say they're pretty on par actually....

In my post, I mentioned the contrast between the landscapes we've seen so far and the lip-licking. But I have another "theory", for lack of a better word.

While Nintendo DOES have a track record with intimidating characters (especially in Zelda), Ghirahim just strikes me as a new kind of creepy. ReDeads were just nameless creatures who, while undeniably disturbing, never really left impressions as characters. And Great Fairies weren't scary IMO, just hoe-ish XD.

The closest they got to that was Majora, and it was more of an entity. The Poe Merchant is a freak, sure, but he never does anything.

But Ghirahim... He gives me the impression that if he killed Link, he would laugh maniacally for hours straight and spit on his corpse. He actually gives the impression of being a cold-blooded killer, he scares you, like the Poe Merchant, but you know he's ACTUALLY gonna do something to you. And as far as I know, that's a first-time.

By the way, where exactly did this 'Debbie' thing come from? XD

I'll gladly answer: I guess it was either from the Zelda Universe forums or this:

[video=youtube;1s85VfbfVz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s85VfbfVz8[/video]

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hmmm....I completely understand what you are saying. However I believe a lot of your impressions are subjective. Someone else may find a ReDead equally as freaky as Ghirahim....not everyone is going to be impressioned the same way as you. However, I think you are right that Nintendo might have pushed further than they usually do with this new character.....and I didn't feel this way until I watched the Extended Boss Footage (which I HIGHLY suggest you watch.....I think you'll like it especially StinkingBadges~ :P)

Still, I'm not particularly surprised that Nintendo would go this route, simply because they've proven time and time again before that they're simply not shy of sticking this kind of stuff in their games. Even if it was at varying degrees, it showed their unconcerned attitude towards going in that direction. This is why Nintendo shocks me not. ^^

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Hmmm....I completely understand what you are saying. However I believe a lot of your impressions are subjective. Someone else may find a ReDead equally as freaky as Ghirahim....not everyone is going to be impressioned the same way as you. However, I think you are right that Nintendo might have pushed further than they usually do with this new character.....and I didn't feel this way until I watched the Extended Boss Footage (which I HIGHLY suggest you watch.....I think you'll like it especially StinkingBadges~ :P)

Still, I'm not particularly surprised that Nintendo would go this route, simply because they've proven time and time again before that they're simply not shy of sticking this kind of stuff in their games. Even if it was at varying degrees, it showed their unconcerned attitude towards going in that direction. This is why Nintendo shocks me not. ^^

Yeah, I guess it was too subjective. Anyway, It's still gonna make for some very memorable moments, I think we can at least agree on that. He looks (to me at least) like he'll be to Zelda what Kefka was to Final Fantasy.

Ok, I just noticed this thread already pretty much became a Ghirahim discussion instead of how Skyward will be darker, there is already a whole thread for Ghirahim, so, to get back on topic. What else do you think Nintendo will dare to put in there?

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
He made a death threat didn't he? Most games have something vague like destruction and world conquest but this one had a personal proclamation of killing Link. More mature indeed.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
He made a death threat didn't he? Most games have something vague like destruction and world conquest but this one had a personal proclamation of killing Link. More mature indeed.

Mmm, it's a perfect example of how people should not make assumptions that the colorful art style will necessarily correlate to a light and easy-going game.

As for what else Nintendo might dare put in the game? Well...they could dare to put in a lot of things, as it's fairly open-ended. Maybe we'll have creepier great fairies than the ones from OoT and MM? :P

::EDIT:: Predictions on the rating? Usually Nintendo gets away with E10+ even with their controversial stuff, but do you think we're looking at T this time around?

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I guess I always knew that just because the game had these graphics that it wouldn't be all fluffy bunnies and happy rainbows and stuff, but I have to say that it's actually turning out to be a lot darker than I was expecting. All this talk of trying to kill Link freaks me out a little, but in a good way. :P
I think it's good though, as I like it when the games start to get a little dark. They tend to be a lot more interesting, IMO.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
No, it means he's sadistic! Just kidding. But he IS just FABULOUS~!

I think SADOmasochistic is the word you're looking for, but anyway, it's just... (cue drums)...

FABULOUS!.jpg

(Only an evil person would ever tire of that joke)

Attachments

• FABULOUS!.jpg
    FABULOUS!.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
S&M indeed.....why are we talking about this? >_>

That picture is super creepy by the way. I actually can't decide if it's creepier than Ghirahim or not.

::Edit:: I've decided it's creepier.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
That's why I picked it :lol:! Very fitting isn't it? Ghirahim himself seemed very feminine in the footage you posted (what a tease, ain't he).

I wonder why could he want Zelda. He said he's the lord of the land below, so this clearly won't be the last time we see him.
Seems like he's DEAD serious at the end. I'm even more scared at what he might do later on.

Last edited:
S

Sheik

I'll gladly answer: I guess it was either from the Zelda Universe forums or this:

[video=youtube;1s85VfbfVz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s85VfbfVz8[/video]

Hehe. But I still don't see where the actual name 'Debbie' came from.. XD Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom