• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Upgrades Theory

so we know that Link first gets his skyloftian sword for practice. then he gets the goddess's sword. and he gets the master sword...right?
but the new trailer shows that there may be substeps in the process. when link gets his sword charged with pink flames, apparantly the sword changes...but i'm sure that others may have noticed that BEFORE it turned blue, the guard was different than the goddess's sword we saw before. and the master sword looked off.

so this is how i think the sequence will go-

1. get the skyloftian sword.
2. lose/break/ditch the skyloftian sword for the goddess's sword (unlocking fi)
3. begin upgrading the sword AFTER link finds zelda and the sheikah (who get attacked by Ghirahim-exclusive origin trailer and harp trailer). first upgrade-guard changes to a style that looks more like wings.
4. second upgrade- in the temple (quite likely a fire temple, as there's a din's symbol on one of the doors), the goddess sword turns blue, and the scabbard changes as well.
5. third upgrade-as the wings are closed and the hilt is too short, my guess is that either the wings snap open or the hilt extends.
6. fourth upgrade-hilt extension or wings. whichever's left. master sword get!:)

If indeed you are correct, I'm pretty sure the hilt would extend before the wings extending. I mean, what kinda finale is an extended hilt? No shock and awe there :P

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
If you noticed, There's a Silver version of the Goddess Sword, before it turns into the Master Sword.

And looks like the blade gets longer over the upgrades too.

I'm more curious over the gameplay effects of these upgrades, some will be dowsing abilities and probably there are other extra-combat effects. Would feel great to fight better (slice faster, more precisely, reach farther, besides the regular damage increase and special attacks) thanks to the sword upgrades.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It appears there is going to be five (maybe six) upgrades throughout the game. You missed one of them, which is shown in this picture. (This is the one that transforms into the mini Master Sword design.)

goddessswordchanging.jpg

I'm assuming that before it changes into a mini-version of the Master Sword, this version of the sword is the third upgrade.

very sharp, guys. I just noticed how the improved version of the goddess sword has 1. a fuller (the blue line in the middle of the blade), the blade gets narrower and the guard larger, the guard (as mentioned before), and the butt of the sword looks different (could be wrong). Also, the Master sword shown seems to have no triforce, is incredibly short, and just doesn't look as badass.

hmm. the triforce symbol on the master sword looks sorta odd...it's got antennas. well, i guess it turns blue, then extends wings, then adds the triforce emblem...or something.

I think the blade in that picture only looks shorter due to perspective. I think Link is holding it up and we are looking at it from below. It may appear longer if we see it held level.

like the GamePro review said:

"the second half is dedicated to three "Divine Flames" to forge your sword. With the Lyra of the Goddess (a harp you'll receive at a certain point of the game), the pattern is repeated and you explore a second, previously unreachable areal in each of the three main areas, one after the other."

So these are the sword forms: The original, 1st flame Version (silver, i guess), 2nd flame Version (purple), 3rd flame Version (Final?). But if there's a screen if any other intermediary stage, than it means that the 3rd flame doesn't complete the MS and that there's maybe a final "ingredient" to forge.

hmm. the triforce symbol on the master sword looks sorta odd...it's got antennas. well, i guess it turns blue, then extends wings, then adds the triforce emblem...or something.

The sword is already metallic and somewhat close to blue, it only looks red because of the red hue in the room itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom