• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Swinging On SS... Yay or Nay?

R

rubiick

maybe there's going to be an option for just a 'normal' play without all that swings and stuff :D

Nicole

luke is my wife
I actually like the idea of controlling your sword in SS. On Wii Sports Resort, I really liked the swordsplay, and I am very good at it too. I'm expecting that it will be very fun to play. :)

I like the idea. Hopefully it will help you get into the game more. Although.... I have gotten.... "Wii Elbow" on several occasions... (Man, you should see me play Wii Sports Resort!! Beat all three types of sword fighting 100%!!)

Hawk the Warior

Knight of The Twilight
I'm personaly hoping that there is a ajustment option. I might in the beggining want to swing my sword hard, but I want to be able to turn the nessasary swing down. That would probably apeal to a larger demographic, and have less basements ruined by thrown wiimotes.

-Hawk :mastersword:

i love the whole thing going on with skyward sword, heck i grab my wii mote and nunchuck and pretend im playing skyward sword everyday, so you can tell how anxious i am. besides its good exercise especially for me considering my daily exercise is wii sports and wii sports resort. ill probably lose a lot of weight playing skyward sword like i play every other zelda game.

Ha! I'm glad i'm not the only one that does that too!

I also love the idea! I got the new Wii Remote Plus for Christmas and I can't wait to use it in Skyward Sword! :D

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well first of all I think dramatic swings and such will be pretty awesome for experiencing the game. Really feel like you're hacking down enemies left and right with the right direction of slashing and such. The Sword play on Wii sports is pretty entertaining, and I think it will really add a lot to the game. However, I find it really uncomfortable to sit down while swinging the controller, and playing for a long time might really take a toll. I played Sword Play for about five hours and my biceps and forearms were pretty achy the next two days. Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty muscular, not buff, but soft muscular yes. I don't really mind a work out actually, but casual gamers might think so. It really depends what kind of crowd Nintendo is after, but if they're please more causal gamers there is probably something in the game that takes a load off the sword swinging.

I hope it's rated T. I can imagine a 10 year tossing their wii remote around trying to swing Link's sword. That, sir, is the true face of horror.

I think the controls will be a revolution. Miyamoto (or Aonuma) also said there will be a lot of variety in gameplay, so just when you start getting tired of combat, there will be puzzles to keep the game varied and not tire the player. So no worries there ^^

I think being able to use motion to control the master sword is a VERY good thing! :yes::)

Just to add something I believe is funny about all this motion control stuff. I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I'm just pointing it out because I think it's interesting: I remember, as a kid, that I and all the other children used to imagine how completely awesome it would be if, instead of using a controler, we could be able to actually control our character with movements. It was kind of an utopic dream for every videogame loving kid to be able to immerse ourselves in the game as much as we could, if not completely. Now, in the current generation of videogames, that we're actually so close to fulfilling that old dream of using our own moves to slash evil, we're being resistant (kind of) about it! Hey, I'm not saying we're abominating the thing nor that everyone is like that, what I mean is that we're discussing about the possibility of not having it, and thinking "Would it be bad? Would I get tired of it? Isn't it easier to just press a button?". I mean, if it was like 10 (or 15) years ago, as kids, we'd be like "WTH ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! DO IT!!" :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom