• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Swinging On SS... Yay or Nay?

O

OcarinaMaiden

So SS is gonna have a lot more strategy detail when it comes to sword fighting, and you'll use the wii remote for most of it... But is that good or bad? It's gonna be really cool to feel like you're actually slaying monsters with a sword and stuff, but when will it just start being painful? Like, what if you don't want to stop playing, but your arm feels like falling off and you can't even cross hyrule feild (or whatever big feild will probably be in the middle of the whatever) without swinging the wii remote around to stay alive? The horror!!! :(
What do you guys think?? :)

O

OcarinaMaiden

On the contrary, the very first game made specifically for the wii motion plus, Red Steel 2, requires quite dramatic swings in order to have any effect on enemies. A flick wouldn't even make the sword appear on the screen. If it's gonna be even MORE accurate, who knows what to expect!

C

caroline.cm.55

yay, I'm excited about it :-) I like the idea of feeling more like you are on the adventure with Link
Besides I'm probably the only one who has thrown their arm out playing Twilight Princess
&& don't mock.. It has hard core gamer written all over it, ha-ha

I played red steel 2 on athlethic (the mode were you have to REALLY use your strenght to swing your sword)
and I never felt like it was a bad thing.

SS will hopefully have some swing strenght options too.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I actually like the idea of controlling your sword in SS. On Wii Sports Resort, I really liked the swordsplay, and I am very good at it too. I'm expecting that it will be very fun to play. :)

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Hard to say, I'd really have to dive into the game to get an opinion. If you feel sore from earlier activities, you're sick, or you're an older guy who can't really do it on end, the WiiMotion Plus thing is probably bad. But if you're energetic and feel fine, sure.

I suppose it all depends on how you feel.

David

But you called me here...
Shigeru Miyamoto said that they were going to implement the same sword play system that is used in Wii Sports Resort. I've played through that game, and to defeat the others, you don't need to swing very hard. I imagine that if you get tired, you can just pause the game, take a break, get a snack and a glass of water, and then just start playing again. Getting tired in the game shouldn't be a very difficult thing to manage. I've played games with the sword swinging and my arms don't get tired. I think that swinging the Wii Remote will be great and tons of fun.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I LOVE the sword swinging idea. I think the Wii Motion Plus is going to add a LOT of depth to the game, especially for bosses and mini bosses. I think they should really try to implement combos and attacks because of the new sword technique. I hope they do something like that.

M

Mechanical Gun

I'm just using my classic controller. None of this silly Wii waggling for me.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, in Red Steel 2, it DID use dramatic swings, but for Skyward Sword, a little flick will do it just right. It's just that it'll feel more natural to hold the controller and swing your arm to get the feeling that you are in control. Besides, if you get tired of swinging, you can just flick the remote. It's not forcing you to swing your arm anyway. Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NEPEc5fnmo&feature=related The guy is simply moving his hand and a little of his arm and he doesn't have to fully swing his arm, and he's doing just fine. See, you don't always have to swing your entire arm all the time.

Yay! .........................................................................................................................................

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
On the contrary, the very first game made specifically for the wii motion plus, Red Steel 2, requires quite dramatic swings in order to have any effect on enemies. A flick wouldn't even make the sword appear on the screen

Yup, this was what I was going to mention. RS2 was my first WiiMotion Plus game and you really had to put the effort in. At first, I thought it would be a pain to make such wide and dramatic swings, but later I found that it really got me into the game and made it more exciting. In fact, in TP, all you really had to do was limply flick your wrist around to get a reaction, but sometimes it would spin instead of slice, it wasn't as responsive, ect. It did get a tad annoying.

Also, keep in mind that games like RS2 that require you to make these crazy swings are intended for an older (and mostly male) gamer demographic. I think that because Zelda is such an "all ages and genders" kind of game, they'll make sword use more accessible and comfortable for everyone, especially the youngsters.

i love the whole thing going on with skyward sword, heck i grab my wii mote and numchuck and pretend im playing skyward sword everyday, so you can tell how anxious i am. besides its good exercise especially for me considering my daily exercise is wii sports and wii sports resort. ill probably lose a lot of weight playing skyward sword like i play every other zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom