• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword People

C

cjc1997

I have a new theory. Well, its not mine but I got it from another zelda site.;)

It has pretty much been confirmed that the master sword turns in to that girl from the promo artwork right?
Well look at the new character from the trailer (lets call him Zantornia):
GDC-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Nintendo-Adventure-Hyrule-Zelda-Wii-rn9wn.jpg

and now look at the gilded sword.
GildedSword.jpg

You see the resemblance between his robes and the blade of the sword, just like the sword girl's robes match the master sword's blade?
I think they are part of a race of sword people. Also, look at his bang. Doesn't it match the "wings" of the sword?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
O.K. cool finding who knows he maybe from Termina or maybe it is that Termina and Hyrule were once joined and he is a Garo.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well it definitly looks alike...

But I dont think HE is THE glided sword. Golden squares is a common design, so.

As for him (Her?) being a sword people I think we can be sure of it. He has very long legs as the girl from the artwork, asuming this is the "blade". and his robe as same as the girl can be easily put as the hilt of a sword.....

Why Zantornia? Can you explain that a bit....it is made up or do you know that is the name?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Here's a better comparison:
comparison3k.jpg

The blade looks nearly identical to the visible section of the cape.
The hilt has a white pommel, just like the white hair.

Obviously this wouldn't be the same Gilded Sword as the one made in MM, but that sword may have been modeled after the design of this one.

There is even more precedent to this theory outside of SS. Force Fairies reside in the Four Sword and a Fairy of Winds resides in the Gale Boomerang. I think this will be a major plot point in this game.

Djinn

and Tonic
This is definitely not a new idea for Zelda games, the rod of seasons also carried the season spirits. Each season spirit you free the rod gains the power of that season. They appear as ordinary fairies in the game.
80px-Rod_of_Seasons.png

The phantom sword draws it's power straight from the Ocean King in the form of force gems made into the sands of hours powering the sword.

"Hmmm. I cannot call it truly complete without a handle. Take this blade to the Ocean King. He will add the Sand of Hours. Only he can empower the Phantom Sword with the ability to control time." — Zauz
"The sand inside the Phantom Hourglass is called the Sand of Hours. The beast you defeated in the Temple of Fire held some grains of it. It is said to be made of Force Gems of the great spirit, the Ocean King. It gives deep strength to whoever holds its power. From now on, you must defeat monsters and collect their Sand of Hours. For the more sand you place in the hourglass, the longer its power will last." — Oshus
The Four Sword also gains power from force gems
"Force Gems can be found all over Hyrule. These gems are the source of the Four Sword's power.
Which could be related to the force fairies that are released from the blade when Link dies.
Force_Fairy.gif

Even the master sword of TP was powered up by the Sols who willingly gave their power to the blade.
"Amazing... The power of the Sols has been transferred to your sword... The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too! You really are the chosen one, Link... A true hero! As long as you have that sword, you should be able to repel the shadows Zant has spread!" — Midna
The Light Arrows are given to Zelda from the Light Spirits in TP. They do not reside within the arrows but are more likely a part of them shaped into an arrow.
"Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!" — Princess Zelda
Not only weapons but other items hold spirits. The Goron Mask of Majoras Mask held the spirit of Darmani who died on snowhead. And the Zora mask held the spirit of Mikau. The Fierce Deity mask is also alluded to have contained a spirit within it.

It appears to me that SS might expand on the concept that certain objects have spirits within them, while some might gain their power directly from those spirits. The concept of important objects housing powerful spirits is not new in Japan either. They were called Tsukumogam.
Tsukumogami (付喪神http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets, "artifact spirit") are a type of Japanese spirit. According to the Tsukumogami-emaki, tsukumogami originate from items or artifacts that have reached their 100th birthday and thus become alive and aware. Any object of this age, from swords to toys, can become a tsukumogami. Tsukumogami are considered spirits and supernatural beings, as opposed to enchanted items.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami

C

cjc1997

I came up with the name Zantornia by combining Zant (because he was a tool, like a sword) and zordiana, the "confirmed" name of the sword girl. Would you prefer Steve?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I think this theory is pretty sound. The design isn't only on his robes either, if you look closely you can see it on his arm.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I came up with the name Zantornia by combining Zant (because he was a tool, like a sword) and zordiana, the "confirmed" name of the sword girl. Would you prefer Steve?

Even when I stoop looking at it's forums, Gamefaqs comes to haunt me...

I have a question: if the person is a swordperson, then does this mean the return of other swords like in OoT, MM, and OoX?

David

But you called me here...

I'll assume that you know that the name is definitely NOT the official name of the sword spirit. This is the fan name created by Zelda Informer, as a rumor, which is now being used as a "fan" name for her. We have no official information from Nintendo regarding the true name of the spirit, so we use Zordiana.

I'm liking the theory presented. It certainly could lead to a deeper story that I've been hoping for. It certainly isn't unique to the Zelda series, as Djinn mentioned. I'm really hoping that this game expounds and explains the whole "spirit of the items" thing that we've observed in other games. I'm really hoping that Nintendo confirms some information regarding this theory, as I find it will be exciting and interesting for the Zelda universe.

C

cjc1997

I was being sarcastic. I also noticed that the design of the character seems to be very pointed and jagged like blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom