• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Art Online: The MMOZDRPG

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Mfw you don't even give a proper explanation :/

Also...
Dom, character seems good for the most part. I will say that non-combat skills were meant to be something like what you'd usually see in D&D or Elder Scrolls, like cooking or agility and stuff. This is still an RPG after all.
Even so, I'll accept him. Change that if you want.
And with six players, that's a full party. I'll start the game a little later. Will continue accepting applications even after the game starts thoigh
So saying that you deny me because the party is full is NOT a valid reason.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Its not show canon
Sounds TF2
And frankly youre not original enough. If you wAnt to play, use an actual character or use one of the shows chars if you cant be original

Storm

And he doesnt even understand the material. He Disnt do trade skills either. Have you seen Sword Art Online??

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Its not show canon
Sounds TF2
And frankly youre not original enough. If you wAnt to play, use an actual character or use one of the shows chars if you cant be original
He asked for a healer, said there was no magic.
That is a healer without using magic or impossible technologies. It's literally a doctor. Bonesaws aren't just TF2, they are real-life equipment used for literal amputations of infected limbs. If you think it's too TF2 related then you're just staring at my avatar too much and making assumptions.
Also, just because a person is half German doesn't make him the TF2 Medic. I have a big love for Germany in general (Besides Sauerkraut, can't enjoy the stuff at all) And thus love to add a bit of German to everything. If you're so pissy about one character not seeming original enough because of a game you can make a couple ties to, you need to get your head out of the screen and look at the real-life connections for the game and the character.

All-in-all, I feel I made plenty of connections to the character and real life as a whole. He was a student wanting to become a doctor to help keep the world alive. What else is there to ask of? He doesn't make crazy experiments with Mega Baboon Hearts (Like the TF2 Medic) and his fridge would NEVER have the head of somebody inside it (again, like the unlicensed Doc himself)

Storm

Well. You need to distance yourself from it because you made it again. Try something else. Also know the Source Material is a big rule i always use. If you dont you get lost easy and then you get angry and frustrated because you dont know what an Aincrad is.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
And he doesnt even understand the material. He Disnt do trade skills either. Have you seen Sword Art Online??
Note: no need to have read the novels or seen the show to play this RP. However, there may be spoilers for the first season, so you have been warned. Also, please, OCs only, and keep use of canon characters (particularly major ones) to a minimum.
The RP is starting just before the opening ceremony.
Let the games begin.

So yes, it's alright if I do not read or watch SAO to be in this RP. I am fully aware of the potential spoilers and I am prepared to go with the spoilers for the purpose of the RP. The healer I have created is OC as it gets, and I have never seen the canon characters to make any use of them at all.

Edit: Screwed up a quote with a snip a little too large, and Aincrad is the floating castle of SAO. Google exists, Storm.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Now:
Yes, it's okay for people to not know the source material. It just means that we have to work with them
1) I'm good with the idea for the character. This is literally a video game. Hell, if you want to say he based his original Avatar design on a character from another video game it works in this context. Plus, it's not the exact same character, so I'll give that a pass.
2) I didn't ask for a healer. Storm did. I just told Pen that his version of healing would work well enough with what we have. We don't need one.
3) In SAO, we have no need for things like bone saws. It still acts like a video game after all - you can cut a tomato by lightly tapping it with a knife. There's also no real need for surgery, since there's no blood, and all cutting into someone will do is reduce their health. As a side note, while you do have your saw,
4) As I told Dom, that's not what I wanted from non-combat skills, but I won't turn you down for that. Plus, unlike him, we can turn what you wrote into an actual RPG-type skill - cooking. A lot of people seem to have that, but at least it means we'll eat well. Edit that if you wish and I'll check it over again.
5) SAO is a very battle-centric video game, so there are no non-offensive classes. I suggest you use other weapons, preferably other weapons from medieval times (something along the lines of swords or spears), but technically unpowered saws are fine. You just would have to get them custom-made by someone with a high smithing skill, and you won't find any as dungeon loot. When it comes to special attacks, well treat it like a short sword or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom