• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Art Online: The Game Begins

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
At 1300 JST, Sword Art Online, one of the first and most hyped games for the nerve gear began.
Devin Trithis had dragged himself to the store three nights before, and waited all night in line. He'd somehow managed to snag a physical copy of the game amidst chaos that would put Black Friday to shame.
The next morning, his alarm woke him at 6:30 sharp. Making himself some coffee, he returns to his room, eye on the clock. Finishing at 6:59 am, he drops the cup onto his desk and lays down on his bed. He pulls the helmet on slowly, his hands shaking a little. Then, with a deep breath, he opens his mouth
"Link START!"

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Aaron has been waiting so long for the official launch of this game. He was one of the lucky few who were able to get into the beta test, and now he'd get to experience the when game as it should.

"Link Start!"

He was here again, back in the world of Aincrad. Back in the world of swords, ready to start this adventure.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The world is blackness.
And then he opens his eyes.
TriRogue looks around him, at the stunning world. A bunch of people had logged on before him, and he saw them walking around and looking at the different shops in the square. He raises his arm and looks at it. This is his first time using the nerve gear, and it's kind of a surreal experience. He takes one step, and then another. Grinning, he starts trotting down the road, ready to explore the world around him.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
"About to oh oh oh oh oh EXPLODE! I'm burning through the sky yeah-" Suddenly, an alarm goes off on Saito's phone, cutting off the music and letting him know that the game's about to start. He quickly puts the Nerve Gear on his head, and utters the words that will change his life forever. "Link Start."

((I have a couple questions about some minute details. 1. Does the game take place on one massive server? In canon, it was only released in Japan, but with all of the nationalities that we chose, I'm going to assume it's a worldwide release, and that usually requires multiple servers based on the player's location. 2. Do the players have access to their menus and HUDs? In Overlord, which I assume was some of the inspiration for this RP, Momonga didn't, which seems to indicate that they won't, but I thought I'd ask just to make sure. And finally, 3. Do players leave behind corpses, or do they shatter like in canon? This is a different world, so I thought it might be different. Thanks.))

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
"About to oh oh oh oh oh EXPLODE! I'm burning through the sky yeah-" Suddenly, an alarm goes off on Saito's phone, cutting off the music and letting him know that the game's about to start. He quickly puts the Nerve Gear on his head, and utters the words that will change his life forever. "Link Start."

((I have a couple questions about some minute details. 1. Does the game take place on one massive server? In canon, it was only released in Japan, but with all of the nationalities that we chose, I'm going to assume it's a worldwide release, and that usually requires multiple servers based on the player's location. 2. Do the players have access to their menus and HUDs? In Overlord, which I assume was some of the inspiration for this RP, Momonga didn't, which seems to indicate that they won't, but I thought I'd ask just to make sure. And finally, 3. Do players leave behind corpses, or do they shatter like in canon? This is a different world, so I thought it might be different. Thanks.))
1. National Servers. like US, and Japan
2. Yes, we do have access to a Menu. you swipe in the direction of your non dominant hand while your dominant arm is up in a waiter's stance
3. I believe they will pixelate and die, like in game

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
((Storm, I asked you to stop answering for me
1) International servers. This is the future and we can handle **** like that :P And also I think we have people from multiple countries
2) Yes, they do, just no exit option.
3) Shatter and die, as in the anime))

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
((Alright, thanks. One more question: is it safe to assume that SAO has some sort of universal translator built in? While it would be an interesting challenge to get past the language barrier, it would also be rather annoying.))

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Eka sat on her bed, with her back slumped, feeling lethargic from her schoolwork. Deciding to take a break, her eyes gazed around the room to look for things to do, and remembered to do something important after spotting an item that caught her eye, among other things - the physical copy for Sword Art Online. She was among the lucky ones to buy the copy due to the huge crowd that gathered around one of the game stores she lived closed by, because the game was dubbed as the "ultimate next gen" game, for the Nerve Gear.

Beating herself up for it, she immediately prepared all the things that are needed before going into the virtual reality game.

She was then prepared to play.

Without hesitation, she was lying down on her bed, propping up the Nerve Gear to her head, and chanted those words -

"Link Start!"

And the last things she saw were nothing, and then followed by a burst of colors.

(storm plz let dekunut do the things. also, i think they do have a universal translator, being one of hyped games, and all. so it's fine, it's generally english then)

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
((Yeah, automatic translator. This is the future and we can handle **** like that :P))
Devin begins walking around the town, exploring. He knew the name of the place - the Town of Beginnings - from the back of the box, which he'd been reading over and over again over the course of the previous day. He checked his inventory. He had a sword, but nothing else. That'd need to change... he started looking for a way out of the city so he could go monster hunting.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
((Sweet.))

After going through character creation, Oregano appeared at the spawning point in the Town of Beginnings. His first thought was, Holy sh*t, it's so real. He walked over to a nearby fountain and cupped his hands under it, watching as the water pooled in them. He then drank it, feeling some of the water spill out of his palms, forming drops that ran down his arms and chin. There's HD and then there's... whatever this is. Kayaba-sensei was truly a genius.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
rxbrh was transported into a world.

A world filled with different things, unlike her world. This world was very scenic, a place where it could only be seen in fantasy books, movies, comics, and video games -

"Video games,"
she thought. This was no ordinary video game. If it was, she would be nothing but a mere spectator to a screen, holding some controller, but no. She is in a game. "This is no fantasy. This is reality."

Around her were people that respawned with a bright blue flash. They too, were amazed by the detailed work put into the graphics, knowing that their sense are tricked into thinking everything around them was real.

She looked at her hands, and clenched them tightly. After that she swayed her dominant hand downwards to take a quick look inside her inventory. There was nothing but a mere bronze sword, probably the most standardized and the default weapon for all of the newcomers of SAO.

Boxer (Eka decided to refer herself to Boxer due to the hard pronunciation of her username) decided to walk around the array of marketplaces to adapt into her surroundings.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he was lost.
Great job breaking it hero.
Tri starts looking around for someone who might know their way around here already. He spies someone and walks over, "Er... hello there?" he says, "Do you know where anything is around here?"

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Lupus laid out in the field and rested, waiting for the mobs to respawn.. He was sure it would take 5 minutes

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Oregano looked up from his menu, which he had been examining for the past few minutes. "No, I just logged on myself. By the way, do you know where the log out button is? I can't seem to find it on the menu."

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Aaron, or Ulrich as he had called himself in this world, was taking his time In the town of beginnings to help new players find their way. He saw that a couple of guys were standing there confused and he walked over to help them.

(I was actually going to have Aaron be studying in Japan. Being of different Nationality doesn't mean you have to live elsewhere. Can still be in Japan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom