• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Switch or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Ok guys, I've got a problem. I have almost exactly 300 dollars, which is enough to buy a Switch, but have no games.

Some of those 300 dollars could be used to buy some D&D rulebooks, and dice instead of the Switch, leaving me a bit of cash, but nowhere near enough to get a Switch.

I've been saving up for a Switch for FOREVER, and really want one, but D&D is great too, and I'd like some dice, and handbooks and stuff for it.

Which should I get? Keep in mind, if I get the Switch, I'll be broke, and have no games, and if I get the D&D stuff, it'll be a LONG TIME until I can get enough money for a Switch.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hey, I edited your thread title so it's a bit more clear what this topic is about. It's a tough decision. I can't make them for you. It sounds very oldfashioned and maybe not what you wanna hear but go for what YOU want more. If you get the switch and no games to play for it for a long time, it's sure a waste of money. Then I rather would buy something I can use right away if I were you. Unless there's a way for you to get some games (Christmas perhaps or birthday present). Otherwise I would just go for the D&D. At least you can use it right away.

D&D youll get more for your money and have some left.

Better than buying a console you cant play and being broke. Wait til nearer Christmas, there are bound to be bundles and it'll give you time to save back up.

Personally, if you have been saving up for a Switch for a long time, think about how you will feel when you have spent that money elsewhere.

Personally, when I have been saving up for something for a while, I buy the pieces as soon as I can, to lock myself in that decision. I cannot decide for you, but personally I would get the switch, and then start saving for a game. You'll have the motivation to continue saving when you look at the switch sitting there.

Or get gamefly.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
This is a very tough decision. Thank you for all of your input. I realize now, that if I get the D&D, it's way easier to use with friends, and stuff.
Sitting around, looking at a Switch with no games will be torture.

Thanks

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I already ordered the D&D stuff. The Switch has too many errors right now, and I'll probably never be able to find one. If I do, I'll get a loan from my parents, buy it, and sell it for 350 or so dollars, so I can afford my OWN Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom