• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Switch damage protection

Tompatuk

Living the dream
The switch like most other portable devices is going to be at risk to damage when being taken out of the docking station. However unlike most devices it's not really going to be possible to put it in some kind of protective case when in use and aside from screen protectors I'm not sure what else can be done to protect it?

As a father of two technology wise 2.5 year olds and who habitually leaves his stuff lying around, I'm not sure whether to put off the switch until there is an accessory that protects the switch or until I can stop leaving my stuff lying around (not gonna happen)

How do you think the switch could be protected?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
take joy cons off of the main screen, slip a protective material like hardened rubber on the switch main screen and store the joy cons elsewhere. boom, you just saved your $300USD investment from the wandering minds of children.

Alternatively, and this is probably the better idea, you should wait for the Switch accessory lines to beef up; I know Hyperkin announced some protective accessories but their asking price is absolutely ridiculous as of the preorder dates. So I would PERSONALLY wait if I were in your situation (but I'm not, I'm some dumb kid myself without children)

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I wonder if there will be some third party that comes out with some sort of case for it, like OtterBox or something akin to that. However, I do see a problem with any case, since you would probably have to remove the case to take off the Joy-Cons. Unless you only plan on playing with a Pro Controller, it doesn't seem realistic.

As for screen protectors, I personally don't like screen protectors because they do tend to diminish the quality of the screen, even if it's just a little bit. I would assume that the same would apply to the Switch's screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom