• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Swimming Underwater

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I dont think we've seen Link swimming yet, do you think he will get the scales like in OoT or the flipper and blue tunic like in TP? I wish he didn't have to wear those flippers. Could there be another item that would let Link swim around underwater? I'm sure SS Link won't be all WW, I'm expecting lots of water levels. If you can think of a new piece of equipment that could do that I'd really like to hear your idea.

I'd actually like swimming to just be a basic skill of Link's. There's no logical reason why Link shouldn't be able to swim like he could while wearing the Zora Armor from Twilight Princess. Since Skyward Sword Link can run now, and has that stamina meter built in, I think a natural swimming ability without water-breathing would be awesome, and while underwater stamina could become your air supply. They can still add in upgrades to your underwater abilities later in the games, such as weight to sink to the bottom, water-breathing, or fast swimming like the Zora in Majora's Mask. I would still like to see armors or other equipment with special powers, so I wouldn't mind that.

I like the idea of it working like that, and because of the presence of the running and the stamina meter, I think it's a legitimate possibility. At the same time, because of Skyward Sword's placement at the beginning of the timeline and its trend of having classic enemies from the old 2D games (well, so far as we've seen), it's also somewhat likely we'll just have something classic like the Flippers return, and that will be the item that allows Link to swim at all. I don't know. I would prefer the basic ability to swim. :bleh:

Well for real water levels you're gunna need something more substantial then just basic swimming ability, I liked the Zora's armor and see no reason why it can't return in SS. However something like the flippers is also fine by me, although I'd be happier with the Zora armor. Some basic ability to swim and dive for short periods is a must though feels better that way.

Poste

Servant To Zant
I tink Link should meet someone in the story, like Barnes in TP, which will eventually give link an item that alows him to to breathe underwater. Be it Zora armor or some sort over new item.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I agree also that Link should already be able to swim underwater without any item but for underwater dungeon he would need something like the Zora Armor.

Cool Avatar by the way.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I agree with Axle. It would be nice to have swimming as a basic ability for Link. It would be easy and carefree. Then, later in the game, Link could meet up with a character thats gives him the ability to swim faster. I liked the Zora tunic in TP, and I would be more than happy if it made an apperance in SS.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I would like to see an item similar to TP's Zora Armor, where he can stay under water for an infinite amount of time. I expect a water dungeon in this game, and I don't want the dungeon to become too obnoxious trying to get air all the time.

F

flamingosftw

i hope theres no zora armer. the one in tp looked really silly and the defense was bad

Well, from what we have seen (just the waterfall from the demo) the water is opaque like Wind Waker. You know what that would mean if it's still opaque now? No underwater swimming. I've been worrying about this, and I'm glad OP posted a thread about it.

Water levels are always awesome, even if they are extremely difficult. I think that it would be foolish not to include underwater gameplay. It gives much needed variety to the mix. That is of course if they have added flying gameplay. Who's to say they haven't traded water for air? I hope that isn't the case, because I would really like a bit of both.

I also agree with some of your ideas. Like the one about using the stamina bar as an air meter. I also love the idea of Link getting an upgrade to swim like Zora Link from MM. It was goofy that Link couldn't swim any better with the Zora's special armor in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom